1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Matt in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Matt gregory
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matt in Colorado

What's up everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Westminster, CO and just bought a 2011 Countryman S All4 6-sp Manual and love it. I actually traded in my 2005 Subaru WRX wagon which I loved but I wanted something with performance and little more luxury. After a lot of deliberation, research and test drives I decided the All4 Countryman was the car for me. Easy to convince the wife because of the heated front seats.

If anyone is in Colorado and knows any great shops/mechanics/tuners in the Denver/Boulder area I would love to get some more contacts.

Here in the near future I am going to do a Manic Stage 1 tune, just unsure exactly which shops will do the Manic ECU tune or if I just need to go to a BMW dealership.

Thanks in advance! Have to say the performance of this mini is awesome, much snappier with less lag than my subaru had.

Cheers!

Old 03-28-2016, 07:35 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM, Matt! I'm from Boulder! Very close to you. I'm not sure if 3Zero3 Motorsports works on MINI's, but they're very familiar with BMW's. Might give them a shout. You should definitely come on out for the CUSCC auto show May 1st. It'll be in Westminster, if we don't change the lot location by then. Post some pictures for us too when you can.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-28-2016, 12:27 PM
Matt gregory
Neutral
Thanks man, really appreciate the information. I will definitely give them a call. Where is the show on the 1st?

See pics below, first one is the day I got it with no tint.

Mini the day I got it, no tint.

Next one is one week later with tint. By the way if anyone needs great Tint done, go to DeCo Architectural Window Tint & Design, Ltd., ask for Brodie Mathews, $200 for great tint, for a little more he has the Ceramic Tint which is amazing. 15% Tint all the way around.

1 week later with tint

Old 03-28-2016, 12:38 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
You're welcome! If they don't, I forgot to mention Autohaus in Boulder does - http://autohausboulder.com/. Great guys there as well. Auto show info is HERE. It's the first "spring kick off" show that happens in Colorado. It's a lot of fun and there will be a rolling dyno there that people can do some pulls on. Looks like a very great purchase! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. How's it been doing with the snow storms you guys got last week?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Matt gregory
Neutral
I will check them out for sure. Thanks for all the info.

I love the car so far, it actually did great in the snow, I was a bit surprised because of the P7 tires but they are great. Had one issue after I purchased the car, cylinder 1 and 3 misfire, but just needed new plugs and coilpacks (Which the dealer took care of because I only had the car 3 weeks). Bought the car with 49K miles.

The one thing I have noticed is the first thing I do once the car is warm is put it in SPORT mode, there is such a huge difference in responsiveness of the throttle, this is a lot different from my WRX which had a much heavier clutch and years of experience with the clutch action. Biggest thing I had to get used to was hitting boost before 2K RPMs, instead of getting the quality lag of the SCOOBY around 2800 RPMs.

Overall very happy with the purchase and the luxury is so much better than my old SCOOBY. Harmon Kardon system can't be wrong as well.

I will definitely be there on the 1st.