1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aloha, another 808 arrival!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Sgt_Pegleg
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aloha, another 808 arrival!

Live on Hickam in Honolulu. We just got our daughter a liquid yellow '02 R50. Needs new rear tires and shocks, but other than that seems pretty solid. Full disclosure: It's her car, and I'll never drive it. :P Seriously, I use hand controls, so I'll physically never be able to drive it. I'll get to live vicariously through her, though, since she hasn't stopped smiling since we brought it home the other night!

I'm a YouTube-educated mechanic that knows just enough to be dangerous. I've tackled a bunch of different jobs on my Dodge Ram and Jeep JK, so I'm not afraid of getting dirty under the car (and she will learn the joys of British/German auto reliability, too...). However, this one is quite a bit different than my other vehicles where everything you need to fix is usually presented right in front of you with neon signs and flashing lights. I'm up for the challenge, though. I have access to pretty much every tool I don't have in my own small-but-growing tool box, a lift, and the internet. Making the acquaintance of some MC experts is my next goal. The 4x4 and Jeep communities are pretty tight, and it looks like MINI folk are cut from the same cloth. I look forward to getting to know you all and getting to know even more about this car.

I'm of the "read more/post less" variety, so I'll lurk and read more than I banter unnecessarily, but I read and appreciate the opinions and advice of all the experience and knowledge from the old hats around here. See you on the road/forum!

Old 03-28-2016, 09:52 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Welcome or Aloha

If you need anything or help with the R50 , just shoot me a PM. Post up a pics of the r50 if you have a chance.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-28-2016, 09:54 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Aloha! Welcome to NAM. What a great purchase for your daughter. If you need help while working on it, we have a great free tech article library on our website under the "tech info" tab at the top. This forum will also be very useful to you as there are very knowledgeable members. For the suspension, we have some pretty extensive suspension overhaul kits HERE, for replacing everything front/rear. Otherwise, you can do the shocks/struts HERE. The Bilstein Touring Class ones are an OEM replacement that also give it a bit of a performance gain. Let me know if you have any questions and enjoy your time here. Oh, and post a picture for us when you can.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST