1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

James from Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 05:55 PM
aabcds
2nd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
James from Atlanta

Hi Everyone,

I purchased my first Mini on February 20th, a 2013 MCS with only 14.3k miles, and am really liking it so far with just over 1,000 miles driven.

I was going to test drive a 2013 Civic Coupe SI after the Mini but I never made it to the Honda dealership. Been driving two Hondas for most of my life, a Civic Hatchback and an Accord that I traded in. I'm not regretting my decision at all. I'm loving the increased power.

There was a dark gray one that sold during the week before I had a chance to visit the dealership on the weekend but this one came up in their inventory. I lucked out because the one I got was probably an even better deal:

- Xenon headlights
- driving lights
- fog lights
- Harmon Kardon sound system
- Cooper S door sills
- Multi-function steering wheel

In the five weeks since I've had it, I've purchased the following:

- Weathertech front floor liners
- Weathertech license plate cover
- Huper Optik window tinting, 40% VLT
- Leather key fob cover
- Proclipusa phone ioMount (on the way) - http://www.proclipusa.com/store/prod...nt-854046.aspx

I've included pictures below.

I did have some questions that I'm hoping you more experienced Mini owners could help answer:

My driver-side mirror cover got scratched up real nice this weekend. I'm not sure when or where it happened; I just noticed it today.

1. Has anyone ever sanded their mirror cover and repainted it?

I was thinking of sanding out the scratches because they are deep and repainting the covers chili red. I found a site that has the chili red paint--http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/mini/2013/cooper-s/

2. Does anyone have a picture of their chili red Mini with chili red mirror covers? I wanted to see how this looked compared to the black covers.

I noticed my headlights have the washer option but when I tried to wipe the windshield with the headlights on, nothing happened. I tried four times because I read that the headlight washers only operate every third or fourth wipe of the windshield wipers while my friend watched. Afterwards, I checked and it looks like the headlight washers aren't hooked up.

3. Has anyone hooked up their headlight washers themselves? Do I need to take it to the dealer to have them do it?

4. Is it even worth doing? I read that the headlight washers drain your washer fluid reservoir quickly.

Any responses appreciated.

Name:  DSC_0008_zpsgzmwn5bk.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  246.2 KB
Name:  DSC_0009_zpshjqlyam3.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  318.6 KB Name:  DSC_0011_zpsiqnuheep.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  365.2 KB Name:  DSC_0012_zpsu5ezosvb.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  262.1 KB Name:  DSC_0013_zpsrumsfdan.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  228.2 KB Name:  DSC_0014_zpsakaderex.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  240.7 KB
Name:  DSC_0024_zpsdlnbol2f.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  162.3 KB Name:  DSC_0025_zps3q0ndlbp.jpg
Size:  145.3 KB Name:  DSC_0034_zpssibddnsq.jpg
Size:  177.6 KB Name:  DSC_0032_zpstat4fi7u.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  139.4 KB

Last edited by aabcds; 03-29-2016 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:53 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! You could definitely primer and paint your mirror caps. You could also buy some new mirror caps as an option, like these ones here: http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...-2-147-671-BOE.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 03-29-2016, 08:43 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Originally Posted by aabcds
Hi Everyone,

I purchased my first Mini on February 20th, a 2013 MCS with only 14.3k miles, and am really liking it so far with just over 1,000 miles driven.

I was going to test drive a 2013 Civic Coupe SI after the Mini but I never made it to the Honda dealership. Been driving two Hondas for most of my life, a Civic Hatchback and an Accord that I traded in. I'm not regretting my decision at all. I'm loving the increased power.

There was a dark gray one that sold during the week before I had a chance to visit the dealership on the weekend but this one came up in their inventory. I lucked out because the one I got was probably an even better deal:

- Xenon headlights
- driving lights
- fog lights
- Harmon Kardon sound system
- Cooper S door sills
- Multi-function steering wheel

In the five weeks since I've had it, I've purchased the following:

- Weathertech front floor liners
- Weathertech license plate cover
- Huper Optik window tinting, 40% VLT
- Leather key fob cover
- Proclipusa phone ioMount (on the way) - http://www.proclipusa.com/store/prod...nt-854046.aspx

I've included pictures below.

I did have some questions that I'm hoping you more experienced Mini owners could help answer:

My driver-side mirror cover got scratched up real nice this weekend. I'm not sure when or where it happened; I just noticed it today.

1. Has anyone ever sanded their mirror cover and repainted it?

I was thinking of sanding out the scratches because they are deep and repainting the covers chili red. I found a site that has the chili red paint--http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/mini/2013/cooper-s/

2. Does anyone have a picture of their chili red Mini with chili red mirror covers? I wanted to see how this looked compared to the black covers.

I noticed my headlights have the washer option but when I tried to wipe the windshield with the headlights on, nothing happened. I tried four times because I read that the headlight washers only operate every third or fourth wipe of the windshield wipers while my friend watched. Afterwards, I checked and it looks like the headlight washers aren't hooked up.

3. Has anyone hooked up their headlight washers themselves? Do I need to take it to the dealer to have them do it?

4. Is it even worth doing? I read that the headlight washers drain your washer fluid reservoir quickly.

Any responses appreciated.

Aagain nice MINI and like the R111 Bullet wheels,

On the headlight washers , for a certain period the washers where not hooked up or have the motor and the lines ( yet have the washer jets ) , my R58 is like that from 2012. Then they brought them back.

They scratches are a lillte deep, you could use MINI OEM black touch up paint, then use some rubbing compound to get the fine scratches off. otherwise a new black cap.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-29-2016, 03:02 PM
Mini3333
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A very nice car with low miles... Good purchase!