1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my first Mini today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 06:16 PM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ordered my first Mini today!!!

Ordered my first Mini Cooper S Hardtop 4 door (that is a mouth full)

Super excited the Sales Manager said it should be in by the end of April but that seems a bit quick. Does that timeline add up????

Here is the low down, not much else I could add that was not cosmetic.

Moonwalk Grey metallic
Carbon Black Leatherette
Black Roof and Mirror Caps
Black Bonnet Stripes
17" Cosmos Spoke Black Wheels w/ All-season tires
Automatic Transmission

Cold Weather package
Fully Loaded Package
Wired Upgrade
HUD
Backup camera
Parking Assistant
Active Driving Assistant

LED Headlights with Cornering Lights
Sport Shorty Antenna

MSRP $36,400

I got the out the door cost $32,834 and 0% for 72 months
Not sure how good of a deal it is, but I am good with it
(tax and tag at DMV)

Old 03-31-2016, 07:35 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by heavyJ
Ordered my first Mini Cooper S Hardtop 4 door (that is a mouth full)

Super excited the Sales Manager said it should be in by the end of April but that seems a bit quick. Does that timeline add up????

Here is the low down, not much else I could add that was not cosmetic.

Moonwalk Grey metallic
Carbon Black Leatherette
Black Roof and Mirror Caps
Black Bonnet Stripes
17" Cosmos Spoke Black Wheels w/ All-season tires
Automatic Transmission

Cold Weather package
Fully Loaded Package
Wired Upgrade
HUD
Backup camera
Parking Assistant
Active Driving Assistant

LED Headlights with Cornering Lights
Sport Shorty Antenna

MSRP $36,400

I got the out the door cost $32,834 and 0% for 72 months
Not sure how good of a deal it is, but I am good with it
(tax and tag at DMV)
Congrats! We just got our cooper 4 door March 12.
4 weeks sounds too quick. Our dealer told us 6-8 weeks and we were a little early for that. Took between 5-6 weeks and they started making it 2 days after we ordered it.

If you're in NYC or Baltimore it's possible to get it a little quicker, maybe 5 weeks. But delays often creep up.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:10 PM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dm33
Congrats! We just got our cooper 4 door March 12.
4 weeks sounds too quick. Our dealer told us 6-8 weeks and we were a little early for that. Took between 5-6 weeks and they started making it 2 days after we ordered it.

If you're in NYC or Baltimore it's possible to get it a little quicker, maybe 5 weeks. But delays often creep up.
It seemed like he was a little overzealous on the time but he seemed confident on it. I am in MO so I don't see it coming super quick, who knows. This is going to be the longest 4-7 weeks ever!!!!

Old 04-01-2016, 04:50 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Welcome,

" Moonwalk Grey metallic " really like this color. Glad you got the LEDs, they are super bright, i drove many time with them and like them better then my older Xenons.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-01-2016, 07:55 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Congratulations! I'm sure you're very excited to get your hands on it. Be sure to post up pictures for us when you can. I hope you don't have to wait too long.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-01-2016, 08:09 AM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
I just called mini they said it will be in production next week which seems fast from what i have read but hey I will take it.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Nice! I'm sure the anticipation is nearly unbearable. Let us know if you decide to toggle on or off the optional start-stop fuel saving measure with automatic transmission.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:28 PM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Don Racine
Nice! I'm sure the anticipation is nearly unbearable. Let us know if you decide to toggle on or off the optional start-stop fuel saving measure with automatic transmission.
I drove the manual and when it shut off I thought i killed it for a second. My wife's car does it, it is ok might be better in the mini vs a SUV.

Old 04-01-2016, 03:27 PM
dm33
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Don Racine
I have a manual and like the start-stop. So much so that it feels weird when I get in some other car that doesn't stop at a light.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks dm33, that is good information.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:58 PM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Car is in Production and said to be done by the 13th per the automated system, No VIN yet so I cant register online yet. so only a week turn around from order to start production that is better than I was quoted from another dealership.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:07 PM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
It seemed like he was a little overzealous on the time but he seemed confident on it. I am in MO so I don't see it coming super quick, who knows. This is going to be the longest 4-7 weeks ever!!!!
I called today and the said it is in production and due to be done next Wednesday. Any idea on normal transit from completion to the Midwest? Is 2 weeks even a possibility? Because if so the dealer might be right.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:23 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Mine took about 2-3 weeks , as long as the VDC, ( port ) is moving fast. And then the dealer has to check it out and get it ready for delivery.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 AM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
UPDATES: in my Signature but it definitely did not make the End of April, now shooting for by the end of May.

I would have been in better shape but it was scheduled to go out on the 20th but got bumped to 28th which put it over a week later then it arrived in Baltimore this Saturday I am told not going to be processed until Next Saturday and wont be to the Dealer until the Saturday after that.

I am not sure if special ordering a car is for me, I don't like waiting 2 months for a car.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:55 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Its worth the wait, mine back in the day was luck to be there in 3-4 months

Old 05-09-2016, 10:04 AM
noladude70001
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been tracking my car though the system as well. I ordered on 4/16 and born on 4/29. There was a gap in ships leaving Southhampton for 9 days after my build, but I think it got on the ship that left this morning for Galveston (I am in New Orleans). The schedule below should help you gauge when you can expect your car to get on a ship headed to Baltimore.

http://www.kline.com/CarCarrier-Sche...g_Schedule.pdf

If your car gets on the Brasilia Highway or Green Drive Highway you could see it hit Baltimore on either 5/26 or 5/31 respectively. It has been taking 3ish days to get through the VDC then by car carrier over to the mid-west. Hope this helps!

Old 05-09-2016, 11:15 AM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by noladude70001
If your car gets on the Brasilia Highway or Green Drive Highway you could see it hit Baltimore on either 5/26 or 5/31 respectively. It has been taking 3ish days to get through the VDC then by car carrier over to the mid-west. Hope this helps!
No mine hit Baltimore on Saturday and got unloaded but not supposed to go though VDC until this coming Saturday, then not to my dealer until the following Saturday. I hope it moves faster through VDC but right now it looks like 7 days.

Old 05-09-2016, 06:27 PM
qualt
1st Gear
No mine hit Baltimore on Saturday and got unloaded but not supposed to go though VDC until this coming Saturday, then not to my dealer until the following Saturday. I hope it moves faster through VDC but right now it looks like 7 days.
Maybe this will help you feel a little bit better.

I also have one in route and my guess is that you will be driving yours before mine is even off the ship.......and mine was even ordered a few days before yours.

It appears that my JCW convertible was on the same ship (named Tiger) as your car but yours was unloaded in Baltimore and mine went back out to sea. According to "Vessel Tracker" it is now headed to the Panama Canal then has at least one more port stop in Mexico . It is scheduled to arrive in California on the 20th. Then who knows how long it will be after that.

Oh well, you are just a little bit luckier than me.

Last edited by qualt; 05-09-2016 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-09-2016, 06:53 PM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by qualt
Maybe this will help you feel a little bit better.

I also have one in route and my guess is that you will be driving yours before mine is even off the ship.......and mine was even ordered a few days before yours.

It appears that my JCW convertible was on the same ship (named Tiger) as your car but yours was unloaded in Baltimore and mine went back out to sea. According to "Vessel Tracker" it is now headed to the Panama Canal then has at least one more port stop in Mexico . It is scheduled to arrive in California on the 20th. Then who knows how long it will be after that.

Oh well, you are just a little bit luckier than me.
Yeah, that sucks to have to track it for another 11 days but your mini gets to travel the world, I am not sure if it is worse or better to be able to track it. I am not used to this waiting very long for a car, we had to wait 3 weeks for my wife's car and I thought that was crazy and it was just a Honda.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:22 PM
qualt
1st Gear
Let us know when you get yours, that way I can share some of your enjoyment...........And I know mine won't be too far behind.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:39 AM
perryinva
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where do you register your VIN# to track the car? I have my VIN.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:43 AM
perryinva
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=noladude70001;4205736]I have been tracking my car though the system as well. I ordered on 4/16 and born on 4/29. ..."

Must be the advantage of not ordering a Clubman. I ordered mine on the 15th, and it went in to production, 5/9, with finish production scheduled for the 16th! First time I've ever ordered a car in 40 years of car buying. Figured that I may as well enjoy the process at least once before I croak!

Old 05-10-2016, 07:54 AM
noladude70001
1st Gear
perryinva,

This is the first time I have ordered a car as well. I can tell you I have never had this level of excitement over a new car before. BTW, my car left Southampton yesterday afternoon and is en-route to Barcelona, apparently to have a holiday, before heading to Galveston and on to my dealer. With any luck I will be tearing up the streets during the first week of June.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:05 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Holiday in Barcelona, very nice.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:06 AM
heavyJ
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by noladude70001
I have been tracking my car though the system as well. I ordered on 4/16 and born on 4/29. ..."

Must be the advantage of not ordering a Clubman. I ordered mine on the 15th, and it went in to production, 5/9, with finish production scheduled for the 16th! First time I've ever ordered a car in 40 years of car buying. Figured that I may as well enjoy the process at least once before I croak!
First time ordering a car too, but not been driving for 40 years If it is shipping via WW logistics got HERE and type your vin and see if it is trackable on there. If going with Kline I think it is a little more difficult.

Quick Reply: Ordered my first Mini today!!!