1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pilot Mtn. NC MINI

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 07:10 AM
PilotMtnMINI
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot Mtn. NC MINI

Greetings from the Piedmont foothills.

To begin, the MINI has been recently purchased by the Mrs. It is her car, a Certified, 2013 Ice Blue MINI 2 door hardtop. For years she has saved her dollars and when the bank account matched the car she wanted, she wrote the check. I'm proud of her.

She searched for a long time and with the assistance of Consumer's Reports decided the MY13 was the best of the used MINI years. After visiting two other dealers in NC with plans to purchase one of their cars, we left without.

Maybe more on our purchasing frustration at another time. :banghead:

This car was located via the internet in Atlanta at Global. She called and the rep who answered the phone was coming to NC the next day and offered to drive the car. We met after his meeting and paid a deposit. The following week, the Mrs. flew to Atlanta, purchased the car and drove her back to NC.

As noted in the avatar and signature pic, we both autocross. I will continue to drive my Porsche 944 and she her MINI. Current plans are to stick to auto crossing in the local PCA events.

I've been a 10 year member on Rennlist, another IB site, and look forward to having some fun here, too.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
New MINI

Originally Posted by PilotMtnMINI
Greetings from the Piedmont foothills.

To begin, the MINI has been recently purchased by the Mrs. It is her car, a Certified, 2013 Ice Blue MINI 2 door hardtop. For years she has saved her dollars and when the bank account matched the car she wanted, she wrote the check. I'm proud of her.

She searched for a long time and with the assistance of Consumer's Reports decided the MY13 was the best of the used MINI years. After visiting two other dealers in NC with plans to purchase one of their cars, we left without.

Maybe more on our purchasing frustration at another time. :banghead:

This car was located via the internet in Atlanta at Global. She called and the rep who answered the phone was coming to NC the next day and offered to drive the car. We met after his meeting and paid a deposit. The following week, the Mrs. flew to Atlanta, purchased the car and drove her back to NC.

As noted in the avatar and signature pic, we both autocross. I will continue to drive my Porsche 944 and she her MINI. Current plans are to stick to auto crossing in the local PCA events.

I've been a 10 year member on Rennlist, another IB site, and look forward to having some fun here, too.
Welcome to NAM and congrats on the nice find! You will have many years and miles of grins ahead of you.

Here's a handy service and maintenance guide to help out! We have over 40 years with this brand on the street and track, so ask any and all questions!

http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper...for_Gen2_Minis

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:48 AM
PilotMtnMINI
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link to service intervals. At one MINI dealer we went to look at what we thought was a Certified MINI. After the test driver and looking at the car I noticed it needed front and rear rotors. Looking at the prior service the rear pads were replaced six months earlier and front pads were new. The sales rep had a look of 'surprise' and feigned ignorance on brake servicer and replacing rotors.

In his office he was asked if the MINI was certified and his reply was "It is pre-owned". Later we discovered it was pre-owned but not Certified.

Oh well, thanks for the link and the proof that rotors are changed every time pads are changed.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
New MINI Owner

Originally Posted by PilotMtnMINI
Thanks for the link to service intervals. At one MINI dealer we went to look at what we thought was a Certified MINI. After the test driver and looking at the car I noticed it needed front and rear rotors. Looking at the prior service the rear pads were replaced six months earlier and front pads were new. The sales rep had a look of 'surprise' and feigned ignorance on brake servicer and replacing rotors.

In his office he was asked if the MINI was certified and his reply was "It is pre-owned". Later we discovered it was pre-owned but not Certified.

Oh well, thanks for the link and the proof that rotors are changed every time pads are changed.
Welcome, let us know if we can help with anything else!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.