1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from CO!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016 | 09:55 PM
Rick Vestal
|
Neutral
Hello from CO!

Picking up my 2005 on Wednesday. I had a BOATLOAD of questions a week ago and quite easily had all of them answered by what I feel is a great car community. This is by far one of the friendliest specific automotive forums I've encountered.

After the recent hailstorm that absolutely decimated my 328, I decided I needed a daily driver while they perform the 30 day plus work required to make it new again. It didn't take long to decide that I wanted it to be a Mini.

All you posters in 1st gen keep it up. Great info there!

Old 08-21-2016 | 03:14 PM
mdaz75
4th Gear
Welcome! R50 or R53? Don't forget photos!

Old 08-21-2016 | 10:35 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
New MINI Owner

Originally Posted by Rick Vestal
Picking up my 2005 on Wednesday. I had a BOATLOAD of questions a week ago and quite easily had all of them answered by what I feel is a great car community. This is by far one of the friendliest specific automotive forums I've encountered.

After the recent hailstorm that absolutely decimated my 328, I decided I needed a daily driver while they perform the 30 day plus work required to make it new again. It didn't take long to decide that I wanted it to be a Mini.

All you posters in 1st gen keep it up. Great info there!
Welcome to NAM, Rick! Yes, please post pix and let us know the model and any mods already made, if any. Please post some pictures, and visit our site for all kinds of free application guides, service and maintenance guides, performance upgrades, accessories and more!

We've been working with the brand for over 40 years on the street and track, so please feel free to ask any questions! I just bought an R53 and just love it. It came with a cold air intake which would have been my first upgrade, then ordered the Sprint Booster and Shark Injector ECU. Pulley, coilovers and cat back exhaust are next!

Where abouts in Colorado? I lived there for 10 years working first for SCCA on all their PRO and Amateur racing series, then at a road racing circuit, and also raced on three different circuits there.

Old 08-21-2016 | 10:37 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
New MINI Owner

Originally Posted by mdaz75
Welcome! R50 or R53? Don't forget photos!
Gotta love your taste in MINIs! '04 R53.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-22-2016 | 09:46 AM
mdaz75
4th Gear
I was originally very reluctant to buy it because of the color, but it's grown on me and I think it's now my favorite MINI color!

Old 08-22-2016 | 04:19 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
R53

Originally Posted by mdaz75
I was originally very reluctant to buy it because of the color, but it's grown on me and I think it's now my favorite MINI color!
Same with me. I've had a series of red cars and really wanted something different, but silver was not my first choice. I was looking for year, model, mileage, etc. Almost bought a sweet black one, but the silver one was the best all around deal. Now, I think the silver with the black roof and tinted windows looks really sharp, and has drawn lots of compliments.

Old 08-23-2016 | 11:38 PM
MonzMini
2nd Gear
Hope you enjoy it man! I'm up in the Denver area with mine... I-70 going through the mountains is a great place to fall in love with your mini!

Old 08-23-2016 | 11:44 PM
Rick Vestal
|
Neutral
Thanks for the welcomes! It may have fallen through though that's ok as I'm patient. The one I was looking at was red, but as I'm looking around, I think I've fallen for the creme white so I'm going to set my sights on that. Found one but it's been for sale for some time which makes me think there's something wrong with it. Dropped my car off today for hail so I have a month to shop around. I figure I can drive to Denver in the rental, and if I find something, drop off the rentasl in Denver and bring the new car back. Well, that's the plan at least...

Old 08-23-2016 | 11:48 PM
MonzMini
2nd Gear
Pretty sure Schomp just got a new chili red R53... I kinda go down there to "test drive" r53's while I'm rebuilding mine.
Gotta get my fix.

Old 08-24-2016 | 12:30 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
R53

Originally Posted by Rick Vestal
Thanks for the welcomes! It may have fallen through though that's ok as I'm patient. The one I was looking at was red, but as I'm looking around, I think I've fallen for the creme white so I'm going to set my sights on that. Found one but it's been for sale for some time which makes me think there's something wrong with it. Dropped my car off today for hail so I have a month to shop around. I figure I can drive to Denver in the rental, and if I find something, drop off the rentasl in Denver and bring the new car back. Well, that's the plan at least...
Not all that unusual for them to sit for awhile. Gen. 1 MINIs are not everyone's cup of tea. If a free CarFax is available that may help. Excessive mileage can scare people off. Mine had just under 80,000 miles which is darn good for an '04 and the used car dealer was surprised it had sat so long. He dropped the price to get it off the lot!