1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from the PNW

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016 | 04:45 PM
Bminilar
|
Neutral
Greetings from the PNW

Hello, my name is Brendan and i live in Southern Oregon. I drive an Idie Blue 2004 MINI Cooper S. I got into mini's through a trade and never really thought i would own one. I mostly will be on here for buying parts and gaining knowledge. Can't wait to learn, thanks!

Old 08-21-2016 | 10:24 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Hi Bminilar! Wecome to NAM! Greetings from the PNW right back at ya! I'm based near Portland and our home base is in Nevada City. You'll have to drive down for the annual gathering next Spring! Please post some pictures, and visit our site for all kinds of free application guides, service and maintenance guides, performance upgrades, accessories and more! Be sure to sign up for the email list so you get member discounts.

We've been working with the brand for over 40 years on the street and track, so please feel free to ask any questions! I just bought a Silver '04 R53 as well and just love it. It came with a cold air intake which would have been my first upgrade, then ordered the Sprint Booster and Shark Injector ECU upgrade. 15% pulley, coilovers and cat back exhaust are next!

Any mods already made on yours and do you have any planned? BTW, where abouts in Southern Oregon?

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Last edited by Mini Mania; 08-21-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2016 | 11:25 PM
neonsteve
4th Gear
Welcome! I live in the PNW also in Eugene, OR and have a Hot Chocolate Metallic 2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman with some engine and suspension mods. I have a friend in Michigan with a 2006 MCS.

Last edited by neonsteve; 08-22-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-22-2016 | 07:47 AM
Bminilar
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by Mini Mania
Hi Bminilar! Wecome to NAM! Greetings from the PNW right back at ya! I'm based near Portland and our home base is in Nevada City. You'll have to drive down for the annual gathering next Spring! Please post some pictures, and visit our site for all kinds of free application guides, service and maintenance guides, performance upgrades, accessories and more! Be sure to sign up for the email list so you get member discounts.

We've been working with the brand for over 40 years on the street and track, so please feel free to ask any questions! I just bought a Silver '04 R53 as well and just love it. It came with a cold air intake which would have been my first upgrade, then ordered the Sprint Booster and Shark Injector ECU upgrade. 15% pulley, coilovers and cat back exhaust are next!

Any mods already made on yours and do you have any planned? BTW, where abouts in Southern Oregon?

No way, that's super awesome to hear. I've always wondered what kind of local support there is for MINI's. I would like to think I got lucky with the mods because I didn't have to spend the money on the expensive stuff. Lol. My MINI has a rear adjustable away bar, m7 intake, 15% reduction pulley, miltek cat back exhaust, jcw aero package (but the front bumper is destroyed :( ). Next time looking at more suspension mods and hopefully replacing that front bumper.. Haha.

Oh, and I'm located in Grants Pass.

Old 08-22-2016 | 01:02 PM
Bminilar
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by Mini Mania

Woah, no way! I wondered what type of support for MINI's there was in the PNW. Especially Oregon. My MINI had a few mods when i got it, since then i've mostly done maintenance work to it. (new motor mounts, PS pump, etc). but the mods it has is a 15% pulley that i dont know the brand of, It has "et" on the face of it. A m7 cold air intake. Miltek cat back exhaust, and adjustable rear sway bar. Also the JCW aero body package. I've had my mini for about a year now and just getting into looking at suspension mods and other mods.

& i live in Grants Pass, OR.

Old 08-22-2016 | 01:13 PM
Bminilar
|
Neutral
So i got my 2004 MCS about a year ago and it came with the following mods already; 15% reduction pulley (i dont know the brand it has a "et" on the face of it), M7 Cold air intake, full JCW aero package, Autometer boost, oil pressure, oil temp gauges, adjustable rear sway bar.

Since i've had it i've replaced the AC clutch, Motor mounts, PS pump. my JCW aero front bumper is pretty smashed up.. so i'm in the market for a better/ new one of those..

i think i'll be looking next to maybe get some new suspension, tint the windows, have the stripes redone.

Also, i live in Grants Pass, OR.

Old 08-22-2016 | 04:29 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Originally Posted by Bminilar
So i got my 2004 MCS about a year ago and it came with the following mods already; 15% reduction pulley (i dont know the brand it has a "et" on the face of it), M7 Cold air intake, full JCW aero package, Autometer boost, oil pressure, oil temp gauges, adjustable rear sway bar.

Since i've had it i've replaced the AC clutch, Motor mounts, PS pump. my JCW aero front bumper is pretty smashed up.. so i'm in the market for a better/ new one of those..

i think i'll be looking next to maybe get some new suspension, tint the windows, have the stripes redone.

Also, i live in Grants Pass, OR.
Great, we'll have to get the Oregon MINIs to link up, maybe in Nevada City next year! Sounds like your car came well equipped, and is quite the find. As for the suspension, here are some good tips. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions!

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Resu...spension/Parts

Old 08-22-2016 | 06:38 PM
neonsteve
4th Gear
Some of the Gen 1 Minis had power steering recalls and have gotten the power steering pump replaced under the recall. I don't know how far back the recall goes but a friend of mine got his replaced in a 2005 MCS a couple of weeks ago. Maybe you can get reimbursed if you're covered. Some websites let you search your VIN for open recalls.

Anyway nice to meet someone online from Oregon. I have some good memories staying with family friends on a homestead in Grants Pass as a child.