1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post & Hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016 | 06:21 AM
spearmin
|
2nd Gear
First Post & Hello

Good Morning to all,
Just Bought a 2014 Mini Paceman on Saturday 28k miles (r61 I think its called). I'm liking it a lot, but I do have some concerns/questions.

1. It seems a little squirrel when heading down the highway. Is this a characteristic of all of the Pacemen/Countrymen. I understand that they sit higher and the suspension is different so I guess this is the type of handling that I'm in for. Tried to take a sip of my coffee on my way into work yesterday and it spilled all over me due to the non-smooth ride.

2. The sound system leave me with a "where's the beef" statement every time I turn it on. I think its in desperate need of a sub-woofer. Can you recommend some decent sub-woofer upgrades that I can have a look at. How about the one from Mini is it worth it? I think it goes for $179.

3. My Mini does not have the connected package (I think), but it does support Bluetooth calling/pairing to my phone. However, I cant for the life of me seem to be able to figure out how to play music from my phone over Bluetooth, any advice in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails First Post & Hello-mini1.jpg  

Last edited by spearmin; 08-24-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-24-2016 | 07:14 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Congrats on the new Paceman,

1. It has a CM / PM smoother ride then most MINIs , did the Paceman get the sport suspension option , it will ride a little tighter ?

2. Do you have the Harman / Kardon system, by the sound I don't think you do.

3. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...connected.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 08-24-2016 | 01:59 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
New MINI Owner

Originally Posted by spearmin
Good Morning to all,
Just Bought a 2014 Mini Paceman on Saturday 28k miles (r61 I think its called). I'm liking it a lot, but I do have some concerns/questions.

1. It seems a little squirrel when heading down the highway. Is this a characteristic of all of the Pacemen/Countrymen. I understand that they sit higher and the suspension is different so I guess this is the type of handling that I'm in for. Tried to take a sip of my coffee on my way into work yesterday and it spilled all over me due to the non-smooth ride.

2. The sound system leave me with a "where's the beef" statement every time I turn it on. I think its in desperate need of a sub-woofer. Can you recommend some decent sub-woofer upgrades that I can have a look at. How about the one from Mini is it worth it? I think it goes for $179.

3. My Mini does not have the connected package (I think), but it does support Bluetooth calling/pairing to my phone. However, I cant for the life of me seem to be able to figure out how to play music from my phone over Bluetooth, any advice in this area would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to NAM! Congrats on your new MINI! If you have a CarFax or service records you might check when the last alignment was completed if it's a little squirrelly or doesn't track straight . Also, check our website for a handy speaker application guide that should answer your questions!

Please let us know what you find out, and post some more pictures when you have a chance

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning!