1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016 | 12:22 PM
gchampney
|
Neutral
Hello from Oregon

Hi, my name is Glen Champney, I am a service scheduler at the local MINI Dealership. I am here to learn more about MINI's so that I can better help customers as they call in.

I recently purchased a 2005 MINI Cooper S from a fellow co-worker, and have been having a blast. I look forward to learning a lot from the community so that I can not only better my customer service, but also have more fun with my MINI.

Thanks,
Glen

Old 08-26-2016 | 12:38 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
New MINI Owner

Originally Posted by gchampney
Hi, my name is Glen Champney, I am a service scheduler at the local MINI Dealership. I am here to learn more about MINI's so that I can better help customers as they call in.

I recently purchased a 2005 MINI Cooper S from a fellow co-worker, and have been having a blast. I look forward to learning a lot from the community so that I can not only better my customer service, but also have more fun with my MINI.

Thanks,
Glen
Welcome to NAM and greetings from Oregon! Glad to hear about your purchase, I picked up an R53 04 a few months ago and just love it. Feel free to ask any questions, we've been working with the brand for over 40 years on the street and track.

How many miles and were there any modifications made by previous owners? If you check our website you'll find many articles and application guides on service, maintenance, accessories and performance upgrades.

Please post some pictures of yours, too!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-26-2016 | 01:07 PM
bavmotors
6th Gear
Pics or its all lies!

Old 08-26-2016 | 02:08 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
R53

Originally Posted by bavmotors
Pics or its all lies!
LOL!

Old 09-15-2016 | 04:10 PM
gchampney
|
Neutral

So the hood scoop flew off the second day I owned the car. It has been replaced and plasti-dipped black. I've done only minor things to it since purchase (black license plate frames, tinted license plate covers, new shift **** and shortened the shift lever to a better shifting height). More pics to come before I start my mods, and a better description of the mods that have been done to it before I purchased Spitfire.

Old 09-15-2016 | 04:13 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Oregon MINIs

So the hood scoop flew off the second day I owned the car. It has been replaced and plasti-dipped black. I've done only minor things to it since purchase (black license plate frames, tinted license plate covers, new shift **** and shortened the shift lever to a better shifting height). More pics to come before I start my mods, and a better description of the mods that have been done to it before I purchased Spitfire.
Pretty sure I've driven by and seen your car on more than one occasion! She's coming along nicely!

Old 09-16-2016 | 02:59 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Welcome to NAM, Glen. Loving the CF hood and fenders. Looks like this will be a fun R53 project. Be sure to check out our tech articles on our site under the tech info tab to learn more about them.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 09-16-2016 | 03:19 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Welcome Glen.

At least one of the rude team of schedulers you replaced is gone. Frankly the way they treat customers was appalling, here's hoping you take it up a few notches. Seems to be a bit of turnover going on.

Old 09-16-2016 | 05:11 PM
mdaz75
4th Gear
Welcome, Glen, great color!

Old 09-17-2016 | 11:29 AM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-

Sweet bonnet mod.

What kind of tires are those, tread blocks/sipes for front right tire look "off" ?

Are those directional tires ?

Old 09-17-2016 | 11:51 AM
psymonp@gmail.com
1st Gear
Just registered on Nam today. I live in Tigard and have had my 06 r53 since December.

Old 09-17-2016 | 01:34 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Hello from Oregon

Originally Posted by psymonp@gmail.com
Just registered on Nam today. I live in Tigard and have had my 06 r53 since December.
Welcome! We're gathering quite the group of Oregonians here. Got my R53 in April. Please post pix of yours when you get a chance, and stop by our website for member discounts, articles, videos, etc.

Old 09-19-2016 | 10:36 AM
gchampney
|
Neutral
@Gray Raven - the rims are Focals. I don't know about the tires, they are getting replaced next Monday. The previous owner curb rashed the wheels, so I will be touching them up with some rattle can flat black once I get the new tires on. Going with some Performance Hankooks.

@PsymonP - welcome and congrats. She got a name yet?

Old 09-20-2016 | 09:30 PM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Hi and welcome to NAM, sorry I am late, but wanted to say Hi and let you know I am in southern Oregon. I go up north quite often, as I buy and sell Minis'. They are so much fun. I have a 2005 Mini S, that I bought just for me. I have put 11K miles on it in only a few months. I just love the 05 and 06 Mini Cooper S models.
Itsme Wayne

Itsme wayne's 05 Mini S

Chrono package

Old 09-20-2016 | 10:01 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Hello from Oregon

I was hoping you would find us on this thread, Wayne!

Old 09-20-2016 | 10:20 PM
HaltCatchFire
3rd Gear
Greeting fellow Oregonian!

Originally Posted by Mini Mania
We're gathering quite the group of Oregonians here.
Quite so, and to me it seems a preponderance of R53s. We Oregonians sure love our old unbreakable lump!

Old 09-21-2016 | 10:11 AM
gchampney
|
Neutral
I wanted an original, but my first car (which I still have) was a 1970 MG Midget. I had sold it to my Father when I went off to the Army. While I was deployed he dropped easily $10k in restoring it to near mint condition. I got it back when he passed away. That baby stays in the garage unless there is not a cloud in the sky. So I have one British classic in my garage, but I didn't want the electrical headache of a second. Yet I still wanted a MINI, so here I am in an '05 MCS.

Old 09-21-2016 | 03:19 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Oregon

I wanted an original, but my first car (which I still have) was a 1970 MG Midget. I had sold it to my Father when I went off to the Army. While I was deployed he dropped easily $10k in restoring it to near mint condition. I got it back when he passed away. That baby stays in the garage unless there is not a cloud in the sky. So I have one British classic in my garage, but I didn't want the electrical headache of a second. Yet I still wanted a MINI, so here I am in an '05 MCS.
The classic BMC cars, sharing the old A series fire pump engines, were definitely a challenge. (I think the 70 Midget had that, too). With two Mini race cars and one street car I was definitely busy back in those days!

Old 09-29-2016 | 03:57 PM
psymonp@gmail.com
1st Gear

Went to the pir drag last Saturday so I figure I'd share a professional picture. As you can see I have my unpainted go replica wing and I have my summer tires on the front. First time there, ran 15.4 on the quarter as my fastest. Could probably get it down to the 14s if I knew what I was doing.

Old 09-29-2016 | 05:26 PM
mgflyfish
1st Gear
In PDX

Add another to your local list of mini drivers--
1st mini--'17 JCW HT Rebel Green

MG

Old 09-29-2016 | 05:35 PM
gchampney
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by psymonp@gmail.com
Went to the pir drag last Saturday so I figure I'd share a professional picture. As you can see I have my unpainted go replica wing and I have my summer tires on the front. First time there, ran 15.4 on the quarter as my fastest. Could probably get it down to the 14s if I knew what I was doing.
Looks good. I need to get down there and see what Spitfire can do. I'd like to tune her first though. Just got some new tires on her. Replacing the struts. The tie rods are frozen (for adjustment), but will last until my next alignment. I've got some more plans for her I'll continue to post photos in here as the build continues.

Love seeing all the pics of the local mini owners. Keep them coming.

Old 09-29-2016 | 05:36 PM
gchampney
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by mgflyfish

MG
Pics?

Old 09-29-2016 | 05:37 PM
gchampney
|
Neutral
(Delete entry...)

Last edited by gchampney; 10-01-2016 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2016 | 02:37 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Oregon MINIs

Looks great, psymonp! Please keep us posted as to how you do. Ever thought about an SCCA Track Night in America at PIR?

Old 09-30-2016 | 02:38 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Oregon MINIs

Originally Posted by mgflyfish

MG
Welcome aboard! Glad we're getting more Oregonians here! Please post a photo when you can!

Quick Reply: Hello from Oregon