1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member - Long time owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016 | 01:10 PM
gideonval
|
Neutral
New member - Long time owner!

Howdy Folks!

Long time lurker here... finally decided to register and try to contribute to this awesome community.

Just picked up my 3rd MCS (R56)! Last one (R53) I ran up to 205,000 miles before finally parting with it. I've had a long history of modifying and tracking cars but I've always kept my Minis completely stock just because they've already been completely fun straight out of the box. However, the mod bug may be biting me for this one... stay tuned!

In the meantime, here's a quick shot I took from this past weekend here in beautiful SoCal. Cheers and happy motoring!

Old 10-19-2016 | 04:29 PM
TC Mini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by gideonval
Howdy Folks!

Long time lurker here... finally decided to register and try to contribute to this awesome community.

Just picked up my 3rd MCS (R56)! Last one (R53) I ran up to 205,000 miles before finally parting with it. I've had a long history of modifying and tracking cars but I've always kept my Minis completely stock just because they've already been completely fun straight out of the box. However, the mod bug may be biting me for this one... stay tuned!

In the meantime, here's a quick shot I took from this past weekend here in beautiful SoCal. Cheers and happy motoring!

Beautiful picture... Welcome

Old 10-19-2016 | 11:27 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Mini Mania Hero

You are a Mini Mania Hero! So many MINIs, so little time. Beautiful pix, great looking car. I still look out my front window and see my recently purchased R53 and just can't help smiling.

It doesn't hurt I also owned three Classic Minis and won two record-setting championships in my Classic, now being restored at Mini Mania alongside my brothers, which is currently being raced.

What kind of track events have you done? We have great articles, videos, and application guides for upgrading, racing, service, maintenance, and performance.
Please let us know how we can help, and sign up for member discounts.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 10-21-2016 | 01:35 PM
gideonval
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by TC Mini
Beautiful picture... Welcome
Thanks TC! I appreciate that.

Originally Posted by Mini Mania
You are a Mini Mania Hero! So many MINIs, so little time. Beautiful pix, great looking car. I still look out my front window and see my recently purchased R53 and just can't help smiling.

It doesn't hurt I also owned three Classic Minis and won two record-setting championships in my Classic, now being restored at Mini Mania alongside my brothers, which is currently being raced.

What kind of track events have you done? We have great articles, videos, and application guides for upgrading, racing, service, maintenance, and performance.
Please let us know how we can help, and sign up for member discounts.

Love Classic Mini's! The ones you've got must be beasts!

I've mainly done open track events throughout California. Main track car was an S2000 before switching over to a Lotus Elise. I worked in the aftermarket automotive industry for years so I was pretty involved with different magazines and their various 'tuner shootouts' as well. Good times! No plans to turn this Mini into a track car though... probably just some tasteful mods to enhance the 'spirit' of the MCS.

Old 10-21-2016 | 02:01 PM
gideonval
|
Neutral
oh yes.. I know. Pics or it didn't happen...

Old 10-21-2016 | 08:52 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Great Mini shot. Excellent track car... hope you still have it.

Old 10-22-2016 | 11:08 AM
Mini Mania
Banned
That is one beautiful car. I found the Lotus was really fun to flog around the circuit. This is Thruxton, England's fastest track with me driving and a Lotus test driver telling me about the twisty bits. Never owned one but it was a blast to drive. I got to drive two sessions, then he took me around the track and I was the passenger. Holy crap, he could make her fly!

Old 10-24-2016 | 08:32 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Welcome to NAM and hello from SoCal as well! That picture is great and that Lotus is pretty awesome as well. I've had the pleasure of driving an Exige, but not on track. Definitely want one for myself in the future.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST