1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from PA

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016 | 01:10 PM
Wanderlustsrt
|
2nd Gear
Hi from PA

Hi, I recently (last month) bought a used 2011 Mini Cooper S. I thought the forum would be useful for some tips if I need them. It has about 84000 miles on it now (I drove it for a little over a 1000). So far I decided to preemptively: changed oil and filter (full synthetic of course), changed spark plugs to Bosch iridiums, changed serpentine belt, put on new brakes and roters (Bosch quiet cast rotors with Monroe ceramic pads and flushed out all the Dot4 brake fluid and replaced), Swamped the valve cover gasket as it looked like it had a very small oil seeping out, changed the halogen headlights to LED with resisters, changed both the engine airfilter and cabin air filter. Is there anything else that I should be looking into for needed maintenance ?

The car drove fine before the work butI figured since I was doing it myself and it really was relatively cheap parts I might as well replace early as im unsure of maintenance which was done on it.

Also is it supposed to backfire when i stick it in sport mode or is something wrong with MAF or O2 sensor?

Old 12-10-2016 | 05:25 PM
Zillon
5th Gear
Backfiring/overrun in sport mode is a normal and cherished part of Cooper S ownership.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to NAM.

Make sure you check the coolant condition and maybe do a brake fluid bleed.

Aside from that, go out and motor!

Old 12-10-2016 | 09:32 PM
WayMotorWorks
Former Vendor
Welcome, sounds like you have done a nice job with the maint.

Yes they do have the pop and burble built into ECU tuning when in sport. An ECU tune often amplifies it if you want more.

Old 12-14-2016 | 02:42 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Pa

Congrats and welcome to NAM! Please feel free to check out the free maintenance and service articles on our website.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.