1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello From SoCal!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 03:39 PM
WesWynn
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello From SoCal!

Hi All...

Been browsing these boards since last year, but my first time posting. Bought my first MINI, a brand new 2016 Countryman S at the end of September. Since then been slowly upgrading my baby. Was planning only cosmetic changes, but you guys weren't kidding when you start upgrading you can't stop.

So far added red vinyl to the roof, mirrors, racing stripes, new tires, rims, xenon headlights, rear sway bar, end links, Euro blind spot mirrors, tinted windows, K&N drop in filter, a JB+ and a sprint booster. Past weekend got the Manic Tune Stage 1 (which means gotta sell the JB+ & sprint booster), and the week before upgraded to a NM cat-back exhaust. Next step would probably be a Wagner intercooler and possibly a NM cold air intake.

Would like to get her to Stage 2 at some point, but with the way California emissions are, that's probably not possible.

Just like to say.... thanks for all the advice. My baby wouldn't be what she is today. At the same time, I blame all of you guys for burning a big hole in my pocket. This hobby ain't cheap.

Here's she is...

1st Oil Change 6,000 Miles

NM Cat-Back & Manic Tune Stage 1

Some Before Pics.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:50 AM
Bradley Rumack
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Wes! I'm glad I found your post. I'm actually moving to LA next week and I'm super looking forward to dealing with CA emissions. Right now I have a stage 1 Manic tune (also running a catless dp which I'll prob have to do something about). Right now I'm stuck in not ready for my 02 sensor and not sure if this is a normal thing with Manic tunes. No problem with the CEL but without being in fully ready I imagine it's going to cause a problem. I'm thinking of just hooking up with a local Manic dealer out there and let them figure it out. Just curious how your experience has been with CARB, if you've had to deal with them yet.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:43 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,873 Posts
Congrats on the countryman, the stripes, roof, and wheels made a difference.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 08-25-2017, 06:05 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 329 Likes on 310 Posts
I have heard so many here say they are leaving thiere ride stock, then nothing and a short time later, telling us what upgrades they have done!
Personalizing only seems natural to me, as I have owned more cars/trucks than I can remember, but I can remember, I modified all of them to suit me!

When I hear someone on here is going to leave their car stock, I laugh!

Old 08-29-2017, 02:52 PM
grey1995
1st Gear
Location: South Houston/College Station (home/school respectively)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WesWynn:

Hey man, so I've been looking at getting myself either a JB+ or maybe the Manic Stage 1. What has been your experience with the two of them?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:14 PM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts
A big welcome to NAM from Wisconsin!!

Old 09-05-2017, 07:31 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Received 180 Likes on 168 Posts
Welcome.

Nice, very nice indeed.

Motor On!