1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Here - Ice Blue R56 S - PDX

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017 | 12:57 PM
PDXJG
|
Neutral
New Here - Ice Blue R56 S - PDX

Hi All,

Been lurking for awhile but only recently joined the forums. I live in Beaverton, OR and drive an R56 in Ice Blue.

Bought it with 18k on the clock and just now nearing 30k, having purchased it back in July and am planning out some mods in the next month:

Manic Motorsports Stage 2 Tune + SPS
MarioKart Catless Downpipe
Invidia Exhaust
DDMWorks Race Intake
Upgraded Spark Plugs
Wagner Intercooler
Cravenspeed SSK
Cravenspeed Dipstick
Window Tint
Carplay stereo

Attended Maryhill Loops with the BMW CCA for the fourth year in a row over the summer and plan to again this upcoming July/August. Definitely makes for a good time!

Was hoping to participate in club events with PDX Mini, that has since disbanded due to low turnout at meetings and such but hoping to find some other enthusiasts here.

Anyway, here are some pics of my MCS as it stands right now:

~Jon

Old 04-04-2017 | 02:20 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Congrats and nice rare Ice Blue. Most I have seen were just Coopers NON S. I have seen a couple convertibles. Love rare color and nice upgrades.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-04-2017 | 02:25 PM
PDXJG
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Congrats and nice rare Ice Blue. Most I have seen were just Coopers NON S. I have seen a couple convertibles. Love rare color and nice upgrades.
Thanks! It definitely has grown on me. When I originally had gone to the dealer, there was an MCS that looked darn close to Laguna Seca but when I returned a few days later it was gone. Nearly left the lot when out of the corner of my eye I spotted this one.

Been extremely happy with it so far and looking forward to unleashing more of it with the coming upgrades. Trying to find a reasonable local dyno to see where I am at to do a compare/contrast to post-tune+mods.

Glad to see ECS is active on another forum; I came from an E46 4dr ZHP that was unfortunately totaled . I'm sure I'll be picking a part or two up from your site in the near future

Old 04-04-2017 | 02:30 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Welcome. yep I am on here from time to time. Sorry to hear about the zhp.

The laguna Seca colored MINI might be close to a blue, there was a rare laguna green, but its more green.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ners-club.html

Kite Blue (also a little rare) is the closest to LSG BMW

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...e-blue-ht.html

Yes I know my MINI colors, have a Hot Orange and Chili Red MINI myself.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-04-2017 | 02:47 PM
PDXJG
|
Neutral
Definitely was the Kite Blue!

I'll have to find my vids I logged on my GoPro from Maryhill and get those uploaded. Definitely had fun keeping up with the BMW's through the corners but just kept getting lost in the straights. Hoping to close the gap with the upcoming mods and eventually narrow it down further when I aim for Stage 3 and 4 with Manic.

Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Welcome. yep I am on here from time to time. Sorry to hear about the zhp.

The laguna Seca colored MINI might be close to a blue, there was a rare laguna green, but its more green.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ners-club.html

Kite Blue (also a little rare) is the closest to LSG BMW

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...e-blue-ht.html

Yes I know my MINI colors, have a Hot Orange and Chili Red MINI myself.

Old 04-04-2017 | 08:31 PM
WayMotorWorks
Former Vendor
Welcome looks like a nice MINI. Also looks like you have a big list of mods. Please feel free to email us when you're ready as we would be happy to help make suggestions on quality parts, and even save you money by using different parts here and there.

Old 04-04-2017 | 08:36 PM
PDXJG
|
Neutral
Thanks! Definitely has been a blast!

That would be great! Feel free to reply here with your recommendations. Always open to suggestions. I did a ton of research with these parts and the tune but am open to feedback. Looking forward to hearing back!

~Jon

Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Welcome looks like a nice MINI. Also looks like you have a big list of mods. Please feel free to email us when you're ready as we would be happy to help make suggestions on quality parts, and even save you money by using different parts here and there.

Old 04-05-2017 | 08:23 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Hi and welcome to the nam family, Jon. It is great to be in an area that you can get to the twisties easily! These Minis are made for these country roads!
Your ice blue is a really unique color and I don't think it will be over used. We always like rarity!

Old 04-05-2017 | 09:18 AM
PDXJG
|
Neutral
Thanks, WMW! Would love to hear what you have in mind about parts, so feel free to reply here or PM! Appreciate it!

Thanks Wayne! Definitely is. I work at OHSU and the commute goes up the Windy Roads on the way to Marquam Hill each morning and heading home when we take the Mini, so its a good way to wake up

Its really cool hearing that it is such a unique color. I have actually seen a few around town lately and saw one a few days ago that had white stripes, roof, mirrors, and wheels that was a hardtop. Typically, I have been seeing roadsters and verts but also saw an Ice Blue Clubman a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne
Hi and welcome to the nam family, Jon. It is great to be in an area that you can get to the twisties easily! These Minis are made for these country roads!
Your ice blue is a really unique color and I don't think it will be over used. We always like rarity!

Old 04-05-2017 | 10:51 AM
IndieJoe
1st Gear
Welcome! I'm fairly new here myself. I'm down in Wilsonville. Picked up my 03 r53 a few weeks ago and am looking to be more active when I can in the local club scene.

Old 04-05-2017 | 11:08 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Great looking Mini in Ice Blue. Have definitely not yet seen that color out in the wild here in Maine, or anywhere along the east coast of the US. Very nice. Get those mods done and let us know the results!

Welcome to the Forum!

Old 04-05-2017 | 12:28 PM
PDXJG
|
Neutral
Thanks! Feel free to PM with what you would recommend! Always open up ti feedback and input.

Thanks! Really fortunate that there are so many roads around and especially with commuting to OHSU, I get to enjoy daily commuting to and from work .

Really neat hearing that it is a rare color and makes it that much more cool to appreciate!

Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne
Awesome! Right now, I still have my BMW CCA Membership and will probably tag along on a few of their drives and such but plan to try and organize a few cruises. Aside from that, I hang a lot with the PNWBMW Folks coming from an E46 ZHP.

Originally Posted by IndieJoe
Welcome! I'm fairly new here myself. I'm down in Wilsonville. Picked up my 03 r53 a few weeks ago and am looking to be more active when I can in the local club scene.

Thanks Roadstah!

I've been seeing more and more around my area when driving and have been getting more and more return waves lately

Ordering everything next week-ish and mailing my ECU out to Manic first to get that taken care of since I will need my car the following week. Will just run stock map via the SPS until I get everything installed and hooked up.

Originally Posted by MiniRoadstah
Great looking Mini in Ice Blue. Have definitely not yet seen that color out in the wild here in Maine, or anywhere along the east coast of the US. Very nice. Get those mods done and let us know the results!

Welcome to the Forum!

Old 04-06-2017 | 07:50 PM
PDXJG
|
Neutral
Here are some vids from Maryhill over Summer '16 with the BMW CCA

Old 04-07-2017 | 10:45 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Wow that's great scenery to look at while having fun. Congrats.