1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheers from a new used Mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017 | 10:16 PM
Real_Steve_B
|
Neutral
Cheers from a new used Mini owner

Just picked up my 06 Cooper S! Has 87,000 miles and is cosmetically near perfect. Looks mechanically sound too-for now. I'll bring her to the Mini experts in Sandwich here on Cape Cod soon for them to go through it and see if anything is wrong I can see, before the dealer warranty runs out.

Old 05-25-2017 | 10:53 PM
squawSkiBum
Welcome!

Spend some time going through the Gen1 section of the forum to educate yourself about the problems that tend to come up at your age/mileage. Then start quizzing the dealer before the warranty is up to make sure that all the likely items have been taken care of.

Love the white stripes on blue - enjoy!

Old 05-26-2017 | 03:43 AM
mdaz75
4th Gear
Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-26-2017 | 03:58 AM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Welcome to NAM. You can find an immense amount of information on your generation of car here between the threads, the members and the vendors.

At the mileage you have should be sure to check out: the crank sensor o-ring, power steering hoses, belt, belt tensioner, water pump and the crank pulley/harmonic balancer.

Old 05-26-2017 | 05:58 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Welcome. Hit up the Gen 1 MINI section and the DIY's and there is allot of info in that location. I would have it up on the rack and gone through front to rear also. Good luck and have fun with the R53.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-26-2017 | 06:57 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Hi and welcome to the NAM family! We are glad you found us and soon, you will be very glad you found us, as there is so much information here, to keep your Mini S in top shape.
Your Mini S looks fantastic and I am sure, once you have had time to straighten out any little imperfections, you will love every aspect of these fine little Giants!
Tell us about the car, once you get a chance. The Gen 1 section has a host of information for you to read through.

Old 05-26-2017 | 10:30 AM
MIminiclubman
5th Gear
Welcome from Wisconsin. You will now enjoy driving allot more.

Old 05-31-2017 | 05:13 AM
JABowders
6th Gear
Welcome.

I just think of the fun you can have running at 60+ mph around the Bourne Bridge Rotary...

Motor On!

Old 06-09-2017 | 02:51 AM
Real_Steve_B
|
Neutral
I'm having a blast driving my lil mini. Reminds me of when I used to have a Lancer Ralliart. Listening to the exhaust gurgle and pop and the supercharger whine up just makes me want to make it louder, more aggressive not necessarily faster- that's what my R6 is for. Soon-to-be-wifey says we have to pay for the wedding first :(

First up on the to-do list is replace the busted antenna. Was broken when I bought it and the dealer finally got the part. I told them I'll swap it out myself- I'm an aircraft mechanic- I can fix anything (or so I tell myself). They're just a small used car dealer anyways, hardly spoke English. Don't need them doing a halfass job on my new toy. New head unit with Bluetooth/aux inputs would be great too.

I did bring it to local mini expert, and they said Its in great shape esp considering its age and mileage. Small oil leak-probably the crank sensor he says. I'll keep an eye on it.

Old 06-09-2017 | 08:49 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Sounds like its going well already. The crank sensor Oring is always a culprit.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172