1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Yet JCW Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 08:12 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Congratulations on finding the right JCW! WnW is right, depending on the model, engines switched at different times. The Gen2 FAQ has some basic information on this, we are working on getting more details together as it is definitely a source of confusion.

Now that you have the car - the Gen2 forums have plenty of ideas for mods. Have fun!

Old 03-20-2018, 06:06 AM
cyow5
2nd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by squawSkiBum
Congratulations on finding the right JCW! WnW is right, depending on the model, engines switched at different times. The Gen2 FAQ has some basic information on this, we are working on getting more details together as it is definitely a source of confusion.

Now that you have the car - the Gen2 forums have plenty of ideas for mods. Have fun!
Yeah he was a little off on some of the details, but it sent me down a good research path. I would just run any VINs through myminivin.com, and it would tell me the N14 or N18 if the car was a '12. I ended up with a '14 though since I am very partial to the Bosch HPFP over the Conti one. It pushed me to the edge of what I wanted to spend though, so mods are going to be light. First up will be lighter summer wheels and tires followed by a CAI for noise. It really is asking for a proper exhaust, but that'll have to wait for now. Otherwise, it's my daily so I am going to try to be a little more conservative than usual with the mods.