1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 09:19 PM
MR ECON
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome here, Doc C, from a fellow Chili Red 05 MCS.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:54 PM
cushin14
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc C
Hello everyone! I've had my Mini since September, but have been watching these forums for awhile now, and decided to join. We have sure enjoyed our '05 Chili Red MCS. Take care.
Welcome to N.A.M.!

I am sure you will enjoy the forums here almost as much as your MINI.

What did you name it & do you have any pics to share?

Joe

Old 04-01-2006, 10:24 PM
southriver
1st Gear
I am back but under my new screen name. I am bringing the universe back into sync. Everything is now the same.

Southriver
Formerly known as mahaneyrobkathie

Old 04-02-2006, 01:25 AM
MCSNorCal
1st Gear
Hi, My name is James. Just placed an order for a 06 Astro Black (one color) MCS. My dealership said that my car will be done in August. Options include LSD, front fog lights, xenon headlights, and the 3 spoke w/ cruise. No prem/sport package. I'm currently driving a 2000 BMW 323ci.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:02 PM
cushin14
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MCSNorCal
Hi, My name is James. Just placed an order for a 06 Astro Black (one color) MCS. My dealership said that my car will be done in August. Options include LSD, front fog lights, xenon headlights, and the 3 spoke w/ cruise. No prem/sport package. I'm currently driving a 2000 BMW 323ci.
Welcome to N.A.M.!

If you get anxious before it gets here you can take a look at my gallery....and just imagine it was all one color

Old 04-02-2006, 07:15 PM
edgab28
Neutral
ey guys, jst want to say hi!

Old 04-02-2006, 07:17 PM
parkerlauren
Neutral
Hi Everyone My Name Is Larry And I Have A 2006 Cooper S Pepper White Body With Black Top. Have 9,000 Miles On It, No Modifications Yet. At Some Point Would Like To Change The Super Charge Pulley, Cold Air Intake And The Exhaust. Would Like To Here From Others If You Have Made Similar Upgrades.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:15 PM
bbrad
1st Gear
First post

Didn't know if I needed to post here first before I could start a new thread..

Old 04-05-2006, 08:35 AM
wanna_MCS
Neutral
hello my name is dave and I am a car addict....

actually I had a 2001 vw golf at one time, and now she is paid off and sold, and now I have a 92 vw golf. I am looking to buy a MCS soon... possibly. Its hard coming over from the VW world to this so I feel a little awkward and all... But we will see. I look forward to this forum as I did the vwvortex forum.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wanna_MCS
hello my name is dave and I am a car addict....

actually I had a 2001 vw golf at one time, and now she is paid off and sold, and now I have a 92 vw golf. I am looking to buy a MCS soon... possibly. Its hard coming over from the VW world to this so I feel a little awkward and all... But we will see. I look forward to this forum as I did the vwvortex forum.
Nah, its not hard at all...you just have to cut the cord! I had three VWs (1987, 2000 and 2003) before my first MINI. Trust me, its quite refreshing to leave those quirky Germans behind (for a new breed of quirkier Germans!)

Old 04-05-2006, 01:32 PM
OZ_MCW
Neutral
New to group...

I'm a new member as well. I've developed quite an interest in automobiles and modifications since being in college thanks to a roomate who raced BMWs. I'm going to purchase a Mini Cooper S soon. My girlfriend has a 2002 Mini Cooper that we're just getting ready to start modifying. I'm glad to have found a place to learn and meet friends.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 PM
PrplPplEtr
5th Gear
just checking in on the "official" thread.

Hi everybody!

Old 04-11-2006, 02:46 AM
cushin14
6th Gear
Originally Posted by OZ_MCW
I'm a new member as well. I've developed quite an interest in automobiles and modifications since being in college thanks to a roomate who raced BMWs. I'm going to purchase a Mini Cooper S soon. My girlfriend has a 2002 Mini Cooper that we're just getting ready to start modifying. I'm glad to have found a place to learn and meet friends.
Welcome to N.A.M.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:48 AM
cushin14
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniShagz
Greetings fellow motorers! I got my first MINI on December 17th, 2005. It's a British Racing Green/White Roof and Bonnet Stripes MCS. My interior is anthracite (as well as the headliner). I had the JCW kit factory installed (with LSD), along with the Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, and Convience Packages. I also have the HK sound system and iPod adapter. It is most defintely a sweet ride, and have no regrets!
Congratulations!

Old 04-11-2006, 02:52 AM
cushin14
6th Gear
Originally Posted by parkerlauren
Hi Everyone My Name Is Larry And I Have A 2006 Cooper S Pepper White Body With Black Top. Have 9,000 Miles On It, No Modifications Yet. At Some Point Would Like To Change The Super Charge Pulley, Cold Air Intake And The Exhaust. Would Like To Here From Others If You Have Made Similar Upgrades.
Welcome to N.A.M. You can find a lot of MOD's, comparisions and opinions in the 2 N.A.M. forums listed below!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/drivetrain-cooper-s-16/

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...splay.php?f=69

Good Luck!

Old 04-11-2006, 04:03 PM
eurorider
Neutral
Hello everyone, my name is Ryan and I'm a 23 year old university student. I ride my bike everywhere but I do love MINIs and other small cars such as Elises and Caterhams

Old 04-14-2006, 10:17 AM
shoeboy
2nd Gear
Hi everybody! I'm shoeboy and I drive a 02 MCS DS/W with no mods as of yet. I'm very impressed with this forum, and hope to stay around a while and contribute.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Clicks
1st Gear
Hello I'm Clicks. 3 weeks in on being a MINI owner and it has been a wild ride. I'm becoming a motorhead! She is still not named we are in the getting to know you stage. I love her. I LOVE her.

I found this forum wanting to find other people like me. GAWD there are many out there eh? I can't wait for tomorrow when I wash her. The first time I did I used some Zaino product her and she looked like glass and mirrors. It was just beautiful.

I hadn't had a manual car in a very long time although you never forget, I babied it for the first week trying to get my timing back. I used to be Miss Zippy as far as motoring. It's coming back. Now I'm just waiting to get past the break-in period.

Anyway all the cars I had or have leased, I bought this one, I have never felt about a car as I do this one. I just want to motor baby!

Glad I found this place it has been helpful. Too new to be ready for mods but give me some time. I'm sure I'll find something. Will get some pictures up soon after I figure out what is what.

Old 04-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Silvereagle
Neutral
Hi my handle is Silvereagle, I took delivery of my 03 Pure Silver MCS (name is Sterling), you know Pure Silver, on December 12, 2002. I have been a member of NAM for several years but was always reading and not talking. My Dad impressed on me that you did not learn anything while you had your mouth open, only when you were listening. We took delivery of Sterling at Patrick Motors in Chicago although we reside in Oklahoma. We are active in the OK Mini. Com forum and have registered for the MTM for August. We really love our MINI and have been active in anything MINI. My wife, MINI Grani, and I are retired but are still enjoying the MINI things. We have enjoyed all the many posting on NAM and will start putting our two cents worth in.

Gene

Old 04-16-2006, 12:52 AM
rottenron
1st Gear
Nam

The Mini Cooper Is My Oyster - NAM Is The Pearl

Old 04-16-2006, 09:14 PM
MadNess
Neutral
Hello, hello, hello.... I´m MadNess.... I drive an `03 Y/B MC, atla sway, magnaflow catback exhaust, H-Sport springs, Enkei PKR, Suicide Jack cooperflag...
I´ve been "listening" in for a little while now and felt like it was time for me to finally jump in.... For a while I´ve felt like the little kid who hides behind her mom´s legs while she watches the others out on the playground... I think I´m finally past my shy stage.... so you´ll be hearing a looooot from me, from now on....
Just want to say that I love my MINI.... her name is "Pocket Change"... I got to know a lot of you at AMVIV2 and 3.... Hope to see y´all again at MINIs In The Mountains........... Motor on!!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 08:29 AM
sihunter
1st Gear
Yet another newbie...

Hello fellow Mini enthusiasts! I'm the proud owner of an '06 MCS, Dark silver all over. His name is Thaddeus and I haven't put 2K on the odometer yet. This is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned - even more fun than the motorcycle (probably because the dog can come along). Looking forward to learning and motoring with you!

-Shannon

Old 04-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Rogue
Neutral
Hello All,

My name is Tom. I have been the enthusiastic owner for 3 yrs. now of a '03 IB/W MCS which now ( courtesy of Chad @ Detroit Tuned ) is heavily modified and looking for more! Been part of MMMC for a couple yrs. now, but this is my first visit as a reg. user to NAM...

Motor On...

Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 PM
jessed
Neutral
Newbie from Nashville

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board and just wanted to introduce myself.

I am pretty new to the whole Mini scene having just bought my 2003 Cosmos Black Mini Cooper Non-s 5spd about 4 months ago.

I have a decent history with cars mainly Honda/Acura having built/modded/owned 29 cars up till now. I have done many motor swaps, a few engine builds and some turbo kits and nitrous on Honda/Acura's for the past 5 or 6 years. So modding cars is nothing new, just learning what works on a Mini and what doesn't is.

I am from Nashville, TN and hope to be joining the Mini scene here soon.

From what I can tell this board seems to have lots to offer and I look forward to learning more.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Minitee
4th Gear
Hello, my name is Brian and I have a Chili Pepper Red Cooper S on order. It should be here sometime in June - I'm not sure of the production week or number yet.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM