1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Minitee
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all,

I placed an order for a red with white top MCS recently - should have it this June, although I don't have the production info yet.

Looks like a good, active board here at NAM.

Cheers!

Old 04-18-2006, 09:57 AM
vittaly
1st Gear
count me in

Hey everyone!
I've been dreaming of MINI for a while now and about two weeks ago I made my dream come true. I got Chili Red MCS 2006 with white roof and mirrors and the premium package. This is my first car with manual transmission and I love it. Already have over 1k kms on it and I enjoyed every single one.. well with exception of those times when I'd stall the engine in the middle of a busy intersection. I think MINI makes it all better.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:20 AM
lmodlin
Neutral
Hello all. Was out car shopping, went to many small sports car sites. Found my mini on the last place I looked at. Saw it fell in love with it and bought it off the showroom floor. It's a new S in the British racing green. When I get pics downloaded I'll post them.
Lisa

Old 04-18-2006, 05:45 PM
paulo500
3rd Gear
Hi, Im Paul from Toronto Canada. I finally got my act together and bought a "new to me" 2005 Cooper on April 12/06. I would have loved an MCS but with these gas prices about to sore, and the added costs of the S, (not to mention future speeding tickets )...i figure ill just stick with a RC33 with sport and premium, Chill red with a black roof.
Is it considered obsessive that I always have to look back at my car every time i park it and walk away? Or I actually love reading the owners manual cover to cover....In fact, i think i dreamt about my Mini last night...hmmm

Anyway, im glad I found NAM for all my Mini Q&A's!

Old 04-19-2006, 01:32 PM
vittaly
1st Gear
Originally Posted by paulo500
Hi, Im Paul from Toronto Canada. I finally got my act together and bought a "new to me" 2005 Cooper on April 12/06. I would have loved an MCS but with these gas prices about to sore, and the added costs of the S, (not to mention future speeding tickets )...i figure ill just stick with a RC33 with sport and premium, Chill red with a black roof.
Is it considered obsessive that I always have to look back at my car every time i park it and walk away? Or I actually love reading the owners manual cover to cover....In fact, i think i dreamt about my Mini last night...hmmm

Anyway, im glad I found NAM for all my Mini Q&A's!
Hey Paulo!!
Welcome to NAM!
I'm a newbie here too, from Toronto area and I totally understand your obsession. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. That's why MINI is so special.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:29 PM
DaleS
Neutral
Hello

My name is Dale and I have been a MINI owner since October 2002.

I have a 2003 MC Liquid Yellow / White with CVT. Affectionately known as "The Tweet" but the full name is "Frosted MINI Tweet". Production date of September 2002. So yes, I had the CVT replaced after it blew up.

Outside of that, been very happy with the car. 3 1/2 years and only 65000 miles.

Greetings!

Old 04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
giulius99
Neutral
two for two

Hi all, I've been reading on the site for a while and finding a lot of interesting discussions. My wife and I recently moved to Chicago from Europe and did our best to avoid SUVs. So we got 2 beautiful Minis. it's great in the morning to go down to the garage and only have to pick which one to drive.
MINI rules! Giulio

MC 02, green, winter, premium, soon stripes!
MC 03, white, winter, premium, sport, nav

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-p1020214.jpg  
Old 04-24-2006, 12:26 PM
kirk williard
Neutral
hello NAM

finally got registered

have yellow 2006 mc
headed for the dragon next week

member of tarheel mini club

Old 04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
DialM
Banned
Hi all!

New NAM poster, but I've been lurking for a while. Picked up a used 2005 Pepper/Black MCS a few months ago. Loving it!

Anyone know how to set up a signature? Can't find it in the CP?

Old 04-24-2006, 09:23 PM
ONOFIVEO
2nd Gear
Hi all! First time poster, first MINI. Picked up two days ago from Nashville. I've got a lot to learn about "motoring". I can't make the Dragon this May. I've been twice before in my RX-8 and plan to go in July with the Miata club. I'm looking forward to future MINI events. I'll need recommendations on an Ipod adaptor soon. The search is on...

2006 Cooper S Convertible Hot Orange

Old 04-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Free Spirit
Coordinator :: Arkansas MINI Owners Klub (AMOK)
Hey everyone!! I'm a newbie. I just got my first MINI 2 weeks ago. I've been wanting one ever since I saw Italian Job; driving down steps, going through tunnels (I know they used special suspensions). Ha! It looked like so much fun!! My husband suprised me with it for our 15th wedding anniversary. He told me about it one day, we went to Memphis that same day, put $ down, and went back the following week to pick her up. It's a preowned '05 MCSC, blue with black stripes. I picked her up on a Tuesday; Saturday - 4 days later - my cabrio messed up! I had to go a whole week with the top up!! I got her fixed the next weekend so now I'm topless again!!! I'm in Arkansas so I'm so ready to drive the pig trail. Maybe soon.
I finally agreed on a name for her - Free Spirit.
I've mailed my app. in for membership with Mid-South MINIacs.
I've been consumed since I put $ down on her.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:05 AM
purpleM
Neutral
Well, while I'm new to NAM, I've actually had my MINI for almost a year and half! I finally stumbled upon the Smoky Mountain Mini Club and they directed me to this website. Looks like alot of awesome stuff here! I'm excited to check it all out. Anyway, I've got a 2005 purple haze Cooper and I absolutely love it. With almost 30k miles on it, I guess that would be obvious...
Happy motoring!
-Serita

Old 04-30-2006, 07:59 AM
GoGo
Neutral
Thanks for the welcome...

Venturing into new territory here; as with my new MINI. I Love this car! Visual intro someday; for now, verbal. 2006 Mini S, Hyper Blue, bottom and top. Sun roof. Beautifully chromed, with lapiz/black leather seats. Omigosh! Delivered 3/17/06. Sound girly? That's ok. Introducing myself now as maybe one of your older forum members, also ok.
What do I like about being behind the wheel of this car? It isn't driving anymore...it's motoring! Rural roads are fun; I also get a kick out of interstate entrance & exit ramps.

Looking forward to spending more time getting to know this community of owners & fans. GoGo

Old 04-30-2006, 01:30 PM
andybeva
Neutral
hello and help

Hi everyone. I've had my 2003 Mini S for 3 1/2 years but I'm new to NAM. I need some advice. First let me tell you that I love my car! I drive her only part time so she has low mileage (33,000) but I'm having a problem keeping tires on the car. The car came with Goodyear Eagle RSA 205/45 R17 M+S run flats. I've had to replace 7 tires in the 3 + years I've had the car because I keep blowing them! It seems that nothing more than hitting a bump in the road makes that sensor go off (and I check the tire pressure and always one of the tires is blown). As I said, I love my Mini but I am so frustrated and can't keep putting new tires on every time I take it out for a spin. Has anyone had a similar problem? Do you think a different tire would make the difference? Could it be run flats are prone to this? I'm not a rough driver. I never get flat tires with my other cars. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:44 PM
minicoopers23
1st Gear
hi! Im 16 and am learning to drive stick so i can get a mcs in september... i have a question... how long did it take you to get used to starting up hills? Today was my first lesson... I shifted almost perfectly from the start...it was starting off on a hill that challenged me. I really hope I get the hang of it soon. Any tips would be great! thanks

Old 05-02-2006, 01:09 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Heya
Long-time MCS admirer, but only recently traded in the GTI for my new Mini.
My dealer was clever, ordering the car based on my custom specs after our initial discussions (no deposit, I didn't actually order it, he just decided to build that selection on the chance that I'd still be interested in a few months, otherwise selling it through the showroom,) then letting me know it had arrived. That's quite an incentive.

Gorgeous, and driving experience is night and day. My commute is part city (SF) and part freeway (Marin) over the Golden Gate Bridge, and it's a blast in this car.

MCS PW packages 1 and 2
Flame spoke 17s...

Here's a pic from last night:

Here's a question for the long-termers here: Is there a buried thread of break-in FAQ or Q&A to allay some squidish fears? I hear and detect all manner of odd things and don't know how much are to be expected, and what might be irregular. I was searching a bit, but nothing came to my attention. Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful, lest I annoy the lifers with redundancy...
thom

Old 05-02-2006, 05:10 PM
AKS4
Neutral
Hello Everyone. Long time admirer of the Mini. was one of the mini options I was considering for replacing my current car which is a 2000 Audi S4. After much debate I decided to keep her, however with an impending move here shortly and a commuting distance of ~40 miles one way, I have been re-thinking getting a MCS (Mini Cooper S right?) (as well as looking at the new GTI's) HOPEFULLY to add to my stable, rather than having to trade in the S4.

Old 05-05-2006, 06:39 AM
morobo
Neutral
Hello, everyone. I am a new member on the forums, obviously, but am certainly no stranger to forums, so I expect no rough transition to the format of the site (especially as it appears to be well laid-out!). A quick introduction, unless I am mistaken, is in order:

Me: My name is Peter Brown, student at Purdue University (where I study French Language & Literature and International Politics), and yesterday I officially got (saved) my MINI from the garage back home, where it was kept until the end of the semester. I participate in Autocross events, almost always in the Indy SCCA region. My main reason for joining the site is to share the MINI passion with other enthusiasts, gain experience in the MINI domain, and find answers the many questions I will be having about taking my MINI to the next level in the future (so that I may, in turn and in time, answer questions of future members).

The MINI: '06 Cooper, Pure Silver, Black roof & Mirrors w/ black Cooper-S bonnet (sp?) stripes. 15" 5-spoke wheels w/all-seasons (these will need replacement therapy first and foremost), cold-weather package, 5-speed manual. Black leatherette interior (no sport seats :( oh well, they are bolstered enough!). Did I forget anything?

Thanks, I look forward to hangin' around!

Peter

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-nam_fixed.jpg  
Old 05-05-2006, 07:33 AM
babblingdweeb
2nd Gear
Hello fellow owners and soon-to-be owners. Just picked up my 2006 MCS last weekend and trying to break her in right...without breaking her

Cheers and happy motoring!

Old 05-05-2006, 07:43 PM
RevvMaxx
1st Gear
Hello from Nashvegas! I guess you can say I've been a MINIac since 2002 but only recently ordered my own MINI a little over two weeks ago ... been on the edge o' my seat ever since! I'll have my dream car sooner than I ever thought (beginning of June)!

MadMaxx to be: PW/B MCS 6-speed manual, black bonnet stripes, Premium, Cold Weather, chrome interior, piano black dash, H/K, iPod adapter

Old 05-06-2006, 08:53 AM
GypsyBaby
3rd Gear
Realized I did't post an intro!
Here goes:
I'm Jayne...I have been lusting for a MINI for quite some time. Finally thought what the heck am I waiting for???? So after much research, here & on miniusa I place my order. I changed colors & options so many times before ordering, just like so many of you
I ordered by email from Mike Kost at Classic....so far all is going great! He is great about answering questions & keeping in touch
It's still showing on order on miniusa, but I just got my production number on Thursday the 4th!
I hope to be motoring by mid July!

Old 05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
John @ MINI-FINI
Banned
First post for me

Hi,

I'm John from Mini-Fini. I'm the one handling most of the correspondence at our web site http://www.minifini.com so I may have met many of you already! What a great site and great participation here at NAM! We have seen great benefit from our advertising here so thanks Mark and the Team for all that exposure! Russell, the President of Mini-Fini, met a lot of you at the Dragon. Thanks for welcoming Mini-Fini there and thanks for the sales! We have new stuff coming out very soon so stay tuned. We have had terrific feedback and suggestions from the MINI community and we are building on that to get you what you need and want from us! Thanks and I look forward to having some fun on here!!!

Feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.

John Bonnett
VP Mini-Fini
2273 Williams Rd
Columbus, Ohio 43207
jwbonnett@minifini.com
(614) 491-4944

Old 05-12-2006, 12:04 AM
gekko
3rd Gear
Howdy

Props to NAM for being such a good resource- I still find myself standing in the gradge, staring at it.

...then i go drive it. Yessssssss!

Not even past the break-in period. I can't believe it gets more fun!

ez

Old 05-16-2006, 04:27 PM
bluminiboy
8th Gear
What's up everyone! I come from the baltimore area of MD. I just ordered my MINI a week and a half ago. I'm tryin to do the two month sit and wait thing. it's got me counting days. Checkin out NAM does help ease the pain or just put more thoughts into my dream. Anyone else here from the baltimore/DC area?

Old 05-16-2006, 05:40 PM
gwmini
Neutral
Hi, first post. Hyper blue mcs since oct.05. Member of michigan mini club ,been out on a couple of runs and had a very good time. Good people. Both sites informative . Mike

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM