1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 07:38 AM
ZaneGrey
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks, I've had my MINI (CooperS) since Aug. of 02. Not sure why it took me so long to become active here, but here I am nonetheless. Zane

Old 05-18-2006, 07:49 AM
shankrabbit
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ZaneGrey
Hi folks, I've had my MINI (CooperS) since Aug. of 02. Not sure why it took me so long to become active here, but here I am nonetheless. Zane
WELL IT'S ABOUT FRIGGEN TIME!

Just kidding. Welcome to NAM... glad to have you here!

Old 05-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Gonzo6969
Neutral
A Note from another NUBY I have gained much needed info from the site and look forward to being able to give some input in the future.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Chili Pirate
1st Gear
Here we are with the Red Dwarf, my wife said she would give up her red Miata for a new Mini, but it had to be red. We had 2 Miata's, my 99 track car and her 99 street car, I didn't want to give up my track car. We wanted a Mini since they first came out. We've had a long line of sports cars, everything from a Sprite to Ferrari, my wifes daily driver when we lived outside the country was an Lancia Autobianchi Abarth which she dearly loved, kinda an Italian Mini. We got to talking last month about the new Mini coming out with a different engine etc. and came to the conclusion that they should have the bugs worked out of 2006 Mini, so why not go for it. Picked the car up from Niello Motors in Sacramento, Ca and drove her home to Washington state, great car, loads of fun. She gets the Mini during the week and me, I get it on the week-ends and travel trips. Looking forward to meeting other Mini' and enjoying the site here. Ciao, Bill

Old 05-21-2006, 04:49 PM
MINIDEQUEENS
1st Gear
Hi I'm new here as of about a week ago. My name's Matt and I live in Queens NY, and i go by the name MINIDEQUEENS. I've had my 2006 MCS since October 5th, day after my birthday, it was the greatest present i could've ever gotten! (even though i bought it for myself )
Great to be here, thanx for having me!

Old 05-22-2006, 02:06 PM
RonP
4th Gear
New guy here and new MINI owner. I bought mine used about a week ago. I posted some pics of her in this thread...

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=69260

Happy MINI Motoring!

Old 05-23-2006, 04:14 PM
jody
2nd Gear
Hello To All

Well I just joined the ranks for a owner of a MCS red convertable...Sweet car...
Looks like a good forum!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Sailor661
Neutral
I am new to MINIs (Feb 06) and new to the site. I look forward to learning quite a bit about the MINI, but I've already learned to have fun in the CR MCS.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:02 PM
DJA
2nd Gear
Lurker / potential owner

Just trying to see what I can learn at this point. Thinking about an MCS, but not sure it's for me.

Thanks,
David

Old 05-26-2006, 04:42 PM
HAVNPHUN
2nd Gear
First post

Hey out there! Been tapping NAM now and again, thought it was time to post. GIRLFRIEND is a DS '06 MCSc with WMS HDI, crank & pulley, Milltek cat-back, Unichip, Nology wires, Denso plugs, F1 DS-G3s on R98s. M7 USS is waiting in the garage and Koni FSDs are on the way. Still deciding which swaybar & springs. Happy Motoring.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:54 PM
HAVNPHUN
2nd Gear
My first stupid post - probably not my last. I meant F1 GS-D3, as in Goodyear Eagle. 215-45-17. Probably try 205-55-15s at some point, but will have to convince WIFE that GIRLFRIEND really needs them.

Old 05-27-2006, 11:31 AM
gordonfgreen
Neutral
First post- I picked up my '03 MCS while stationed in Spain where I was able to top it in on the Autopista (Spain's Autobohn) and yes, Toto, it will go the advertised 135 mph (220 kph sounds much more impressive). Stable as a rock at any speed. I now drive in the Florida panhandle and still can't wipe the grin off my face whenever I'm behind the wheel. Got my first speeding ticket within a month or two of getting back to the States...knew it was just a matter of time. Doing 95 in the slow lane over there kinda spoils you.

Old 05-28-2006, 03:49 PM
minioz101
Neutral
I'm new....

Hey Just wanted to say hi to the motoring community, I am a classic owner but a Mini lover...period. My wife and I love them all!!! This is a great resource and I plan on taking advantage of all the knowledge that is here. We recently purchased a 61' mini for a steal...cant wait to have it all done!

Old 05-30-2006, 02:47 PM
jaayou
2nd Gear
New User and just received my production no. for my MCS 2006!

Hey everyone,

First time poster here! I'm from So. Cali....Just got a call from the Mini dealer and they're telling me that I will have an August delivery. WOO HOO!!!

Dark Silver 2006 S
Premium, Sports, Convenience, and Cold Weather Packages.

Have a good one!

~jason

Old 05-31-2006, 05:39 PM
rjgcheckmate
Neutral
New User for NAM

I recieved my 06 MCS PS with the Checkmate package and the premium package in December of 05. Although I have read a lot about possible mods I have made none yet.

I plan to slowly fix the car up but intend to keep it street legal.

I live in Marietta, GA and intend to let R Speed do most of the work as I live in a condo and do not have a garage.

Looking for advice.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:53 PM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
Newbe on the north bay

Hi there. First off, let me give a big "Thank You" to eveyone who has posted here, and I mean eveyone. I've learned so much about my MCSC from little tricks to performance tricks which I'll surely be using in the future. I feel I've been prostituting the site for long enough and it was times to stop pimp'n and get full fledge. So, look forward to start sharing with ya'll. P.s. if anyone lives in the north bay Cal. (Solano Co, Napa Co) would love to hear from you. Till then...Ciao

Old 06-01-2006, 02:56 PM
dimini
6th Gear
New at posting

Hello everyone. I've been around since '02, but have never posted messages. I spent most of 2002 reading about MINIS while parked on the one-year wait-list for my 2003 MCS order number.

I must say, this website has evolved much like the MINI during the past three years. Great cars, and NAM is a great resource!

Happy to say that my '03 MCS has been an awesome car with only a few minor issues. By the way, it is coming off lease early August in the Midwest. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a used non-modded MCS.

In the late 70's I restored/heavily modded a 1971 Datsun 510 sedan, and later replaced it with a modded/restored 1971 Datsun 240z. My most recent vehicles (before the '03 MINI) include a '97 328is and 2000 Audi S4. The '71 510 was my automotive First Love by which all cars are compared. During the decades of owning GTI's and SI's, etc., the MCS is the only car thus far to provide the same joy/obsession that I experienced as a kid "sporting" around in a 510.

I'm replacing my '03 MINI with a loaded 2006 JCW MCS. I love the current design so much that I didn't dare gamble with an '07. I had been waiting for a full factory warranty on the JCW package and I got my wish.

MINI is more than a car. It has such an emotional connection with its owners. Look at us! Would you be reading this if you had just placed an order for a Chevy Cobalt?

Only once in the past 30 years as an enthusiast driver have I ever replaced a trade-in with one of the same. If MINI is all about marketing... as some like to say, well... consider me happily hooked.

Looking forward to team Craptastic threads!

Old 06-05-2006, 03:36 AM
mozzarella
Banned
First Post

I'm on my 2nd Mini a cool blue 2005 MC convertable, my first was a 2003 liquid yellow MC.

roach

Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 AM
mozzarella
Banned
Newbie Question

Where is the way to change your profile? I been on V. Bulletin site before and do not see it.

roach

Old 06-05-2006, 03:50 AM
mozzarella
Banned
OK maybe I have this figured out I have an 06 cool blue MCC
maybe that's right.

roach

Old 06-05-2006, 06:01 PM
cmt52663
6th Gear
Received 313 Likes on 236 Posts
1st Post from an old dog autocrosser

Folks thanks for all the info here. This reads like a nice place to hang out, and so I have been.

I run a STX JCW ('04) in the New England Region, and have done the initial Solo II year on the Dunlops with an open diff, and then progressed to ASP with the Quaife and the Hoosiers and such, and have mercifully been delivered this year to the STX class - courtesy of the SEB may their beards never tangle.

Accordingly I have the privilege of driving to Devens in the best street car I've ever owned, and being schooled by some of the best drivers I've ever met - particularly but not exclusively Cliff Strout and Chang-Ho Kim. I should also thank Ed Savage without whose encouragement I might have quit in disgust my first year!

Gollum (all Mini's have names right? I notice REAL racers don't give their cars names - perhaps anthropomorphism is contrary to driving it like you stole it) now has enough tweaks to make the ride better than the driver which is a major part of the challenge and the fun. All STX legal of course, and done by Turner Motorsport as I stopped my own wrenching when I sold the Jag back in '74.

Next weekend I'll have the chance to measure my modest progress against the National level drivers, which I am truly looking forwards to. Last year I screwed up the Sunday schedule and missed the course walk which sorta hurt my feeling, and if I can skip that part this year things should be tons more fun.

Anyway, here I am with good intentions - so welcome y'all.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:25 PM
totamdu
3rd Gear
First Post

Hello this is my first post.

I got my Mini a few months ago. Ever since then
Ive been pouring money and time into it to make it my own. I got a pic on myspace

www.myspace.com/kitchenboogy

This website is the only resource ive needed so far. thanks guys.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
MiniKang
Neutral
First Post

Just got my Mini Cooper S weeks ago, i'm so happy with it~ has been reading this site for the past month. LOVE the info NAM and its members offered!

Old 06-07-2006, 02:56 AM
mozzarella
Banned
New Mini

Just testing to see if I can do this

Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
MirthScout
3rd Gear
I don't own a Mini yet but I've wanted one for a couple of years. Well, I ordered one about 6 weeks ago and I get to pick it up tonight. Hyper Blue and silver MCS, sports and convenience packages and much more. 3.5 hours to go but who's counting...

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM