1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:00 PM
KatrinaSurvivor
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy, y'all! Just joined NAM today and this is my 2nd post of the day. Upon moving to Alabama from overseas, I was overjoyed to get my black 2005 MCS out of year-long storage and onto the road! I drove it at 100 mph on the Autostrada (Italy's Autobahn), thru curves, rain, fog, awful roads, and suicidal/homocidal Italians - my Mini ran like a champ. This website is great, thanks to everyone. I'm really enjoying looking at everyone's Mini pics. Against all odds, my new next-door neighbor has an electric blue Mini convertible. My wonderful car with Nav system has enabled me to jet all over without getting lost - a first in 20 years! I married my sense of direction, and he's 5,000 miles away. I LOVE my car, it's too much fun to drive, & every place I stop, my car gathers a crowd and compliments. I fell in love with the new Minis ever since I custom built mine online, a year before I bought one. I sure wish central Alabama would get a Mini dealership! My first-time service is coming up in 4K miles. I love driving my car, but don't want to leave my menagerie with a petsitter just so that I can drive half a day thru big city traffic to an unknown dealership to get the car checked. However, better to drive the Mini than any other car I've ever driven!

Old 06-08-2006, 05:20 PM
njbed
1st Gear
Hello

My name is Jody. I have been to the dragon this year and plan to go back next year. I also autocross my 04 MCS, i also let my son Nic run autoX with me.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:42 PM
QWKSLVR
2nd Gear
Hi...I'm QWKSLVR AND I AM HAPPY TO BE A MEMBER OF NAM..JUST JOINED THIS VERY MINUTE..!!!
HER NAME IS "BUR-LEE" AND SHE IS AN '03 DS/MCS WITH AN AERO
KIT F & R..EURO TAILIGHTS..R90'S..KATSKIN CUSTOM LEATHER INTERIOR
..CHROME LINE INTERIOR..CHROME EXHAUST TIPS...SIRIUS SATELITE...
AND WITH 12,000 MILES UNDER HER BELT..!!...AND ON WEEKENDS SHE
LIKES TO WEAR HER BLACK MAGNETIC STRIPES....THAT'S WHEN SHE WANTS TO BE A 'SPORTY' GIRL...!!!....WE JUST GOT BACK FROM THE
BRITISH CAR DAY SOUTH IN SALISBURY, NC...GREAT TIME...GREAT
WEATHER...HOSPITABLE HOST PEOPLE...!!!

Old 06-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Maria716
1st Gear
Hey Gang!
I'm Maria and I'm picking up my new Hyper Blue/Silver MC next week (born 5/18). It was just discharged from the Freedom in Charleston yesterday. It is my 30th birthday present to myself....I've never had a brand new car before. So I chose the one I've wanted for the past 4-5 years. I love that I'm part of a group of such fun and diverse people. Everyone should have this much fun with their cars! Afterall, it's an extension of your personality. I look forward to meeting new people and making new friends. I've already found out SO MUCH info; it's WONDERFUL...thanks for the help! Less than a week away from my new baby....I can't wait!!!!!

Old 06-12-2006, 07:36 PM
1HTMNI
1st Gear
Just registered

I own a '05 cool blue MINI conv. and am a member of the Sierra Nevada MINIs. I love to feel the wind in my hair and wish I could drive 24 hrs a day.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:49 PM
1HTMNI
1st Gear
Just registered

I own a 2005 cool blue MINI conv. I love to feel the wind in my hair and wish I could drive 24 hrs a day.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Tonnelier
Neutral
Cooper's Cooper

Hi, I'm Tonnelier (Cooper in French), and my real name is Cooper. I live in Athens, GA, I have a BA from Harvard, and I'm going back to UGA for my Master's pretty soon.

I just got Arthur Dent last week. He's a red convertible with a black top. And yes, those happen to be UGA's colours. Can I help it if they're my favorite colours too!?!

Don't panic about his name. "Arthur Dent" is the main character in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," a perfectly delightful book/BBC series/movie! The answer is 42.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 PM
minisized
Neutral
Hi There! I am a newbie and wanted to say hello!

Old 06-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Zoomer
3rd Gear
Hey everyone! Picked up my MINI from Callari Group in Stamford (MINI of Fairfield County) Connecticut..

06 SB/S MCS - awesome motoring vehicle...

Coming from a Benz, this is much, much sweeter.. and driving is fun again!! WOO HOO!!

BIB (Bathed In Blue) MINI
Town of Fairfield, County of Fairfield, Connecticut

Old 06-17-2006, 09:26 AM
crishchun
2nd Gear
Hello all! I was a previous lurker to the NAM community but now finally registered as I have just placed an order for my '06 MCS PW/B today! I'm so excited!

Old 06-17-2006, 11:50 PM
blackbonnet
Neutral
NEW MCS PEPPER WHITE w/ BLK BONNET STRIPES and LOVE IT!

I just got mine last night and spent ALL day driving along the coast!!!
I've wanted one for several years and now a VERY PROUD OWNER!
MAX IS AWESOME!

Old 06-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Canned Heat
1st Gear
New Member From Canada

Hi From Canada.

Some interesting discussion here. I Will post details in my profile soon.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:09 PM
ony1952
Neutral
Bought a MCS '03 JetBlack /JetBlack - Sun/moon w/ very low miles.

--Handles like a dream-- I'm in-love again!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Mini-Nemo
Neutral
NEMO to NAM,come in NAM!!!!

The boys @ MichiganMini.org wanted me to say HEY Keep up the great site !! Ours is a Chili Red w/ Checker top...Trying to stay out of the MOD bug Keep Motor'n

Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 AM
HyperBlue
1st Gear
Sup guys..
I'm new to this site and I own a 05 hyperblue MCS. Still bone stock for the time being. Oh yeah...I'm currently based in Asia so my ride at the moment is a right hand drive. Peace..

Old 06-22-2006, 09:06 PM
juke
Neutral
Hey, I'm from Bradenton, Fl looking to get myself into one of these fun little cars.

Old 06-22-2006, 09:08 PM
juke
Neutral
Nice site, new here from FL

Old 06-24-2006, 08:01 PM
AsianBoyFL
1st Gear
Greetings All! I'm new

Hi Everyone,

I'm very excited to have found this website and all the cool members. I recently placed a order for a 2006 White Cooper S Checkmate/Premium/JCW tuning kit....I've been checking the tracking several times a day and tonight it told me that it's been made and now getting ready to board the cruise over here to the US!

I've been wanting the Mini for years now and just couldn't wait any longer as I had to pull the trigger before the Oxford plant stopped making this model. I hope I made the right decision going for the 2006 then waiting for the 07 model...

Being here in FL, I have to deal with the hurricanes and flooding...my 2005 White Nissan Titan will be the perfect big brother to my new Mini! I would like to thank my fiance for all of her support! luv ya

Nice to meet u all!
Gary

Old 06-24-2006, 11:27 PM
suwipin
1st Gear
Hi all,

I've just got my Mini this morning... what a fun little car, i love it

Cheers,
pin

Old 06-25-2006, 05:43 PM
SSRJIM
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been a member of the SSRFANATIC forum for a while and they are a friendly bunch.

I picked up a used 2003 Blue Mini last Wednesday and thought I'd find a friendly forum for Mini owners.

Jim

Old 06-26-2006, 09:26 AM
luv2trvl2
Neutral
Hello from the Newbie

Hi,
I just got registered and thought I'd post a "howdy" to all out there. I've never joined a car forum before so if I do this wrong I apologize in advance. I'd love to connect with fellow Bay area mini owners to do some driving. I have an 06 mini S convertable and it's dying to get out and be tested, not that I have the skills to take it to the limit but would love to learn more and play a bit.

Thanks for reading this,
Luv2trvl2

Old 06-26-2006, 03:58 PM
BUGETER
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hi everyone. I am new here and I am glad to be amongst fellow Mini people. I have a 2003 MCS, Dark Silver with white roof and mirrors. I am still stock, but I will be taking care of that within the next few months.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:16 PM
sgrobben
1st Gear
Hello! from the Astro Black Cooper motoring daily between Gahanna and New Albany. Are you the one who didn't wave?

Old 06-28-2006, 04:28 AM
KoolKat
1st Gear
Hello form the great white north! Yet another new (albiet pre-owned) Mini owner in Ontario, Canada

Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 AM
litabelle
3rd Gear
Hi!

I've had my baby Fayt for about a month now. The story goes like this. My husband had wanted a mini for years, but we were just waiting for the lease on our Passat to run out. Finally, in January, he ordered his Mini and got it in March. Well, I just had too hard of a time switching between our Honda Pilot and driving his MCSC (I love your effing car!), so I got my own on May 31st. We have just finished Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts' (REME) Mountain Tours 2006 Part 1 (in California) and my baby has about 2800 miles on her already. My mini and my husband's mini have almost matching stripes. He's got more mods, but he's had his three more months than I have. I'm gonna go a lot slower. I plan on stiffening the suspension a bit, adding a rear sway bar soon. HP increasing mods will come later - I've got plenty of zip for now.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM