1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 08:54 AM
planocorked
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great to be here!! Picked up my Astro Black 06 MCS w/ premium & sport packages last Friday. If I am not out motoring, I am in googling my MINI!!
I had no idea they could be this addictive. Just joined NAM & Metroplex Mini here in Dallas. So this is driving!!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:51 PM
wrx_xb9r
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been lurking for a few weeks now. My wife picked up a Astro Black 06 MCSc a couple of weeks ago. I have been looking at all the fun stuff to do. MITM looks like fun and we may do this. I have liked MINI's for years. My dad had an 02 MCS for a while. He still has a '67 Cooper S and gave my brother another '67 Cooper S. I have been working on the classic Minis for about 10 years now keeping his going.

I am really into performance mods for my wifes car. I hope she will enjoy them and maybe get into Auto-X.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Buzzbcooper
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi:

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I'm in my second month of beind an owner (albeit reluctantly at first --horror and shock?!!!!) of a bright yellow 06 Mini Cooper. Didn't want to like this little car at all with the black racing stripes on the bonnet, as I wanted either a Toyota Solara Convertible or Honda Element to replace my much beloved (but terribly unreliable '99 New Beetle). But hubby wouldn't hear of having a Japanese car in the driveway and honestly I was a little reluctant in having a "cookie cutter" looking car - hence the choice of the Element. Before he totally gave into my wishes of Japanese, he MADE me stop in our local Cooper dealership for a test drive.
The car and the heat wore me down and four hours later I found myself going home in my little Buzz-B!
While it wasn't love at first sight, or at second even, (I grew up in GB and had memories of past Coopers - not great!) the car is growing on me! Looks like a fun group here and the more I hang around, the more I'll learn too. So I'm along for the ride and starting to love every minute of it, more and more each day!

Old 06-28-2006, 03:00 PM
shirleyt73
Neutral
Hello! I've owned my Mini for 2 years but just joined NAM. Just thought I'd introduce myself...I'm in CT and my Duane is electric blue with white bonnet stripes.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM
hotrodgearhead
Neutral
well i guess this is the place. i have so many questions, i hope some will be answered i have owned my mini for a whopping 3 months and it was used, a 2003 chili red cooper s with a black roof. i have only done the intake and exhaust as of yet.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
qskapunk
3rd Gear
Hi all,
I just recently purchased a classic Mini from the fine folks at Mad House Minis in Massachusetts. It is a 1974 Austin Mini 1000, but with a 1275 A+ engine and MiniMania Stage One kit. I call her Lucille.
Brian

Old 06-30-2006, 02:24 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice Brian!!! Lucille and you are gonna have a blast!!!

Old 07-02-2006, 08:42 AM
nutmeggy13
1st Gear
I claim with much enthusiasm an Astro Black MCSC that I took delivery of this month. Already have nearly 1200 miles on her and I am now smoothly driving my first manual! I am thinking of doing the pulley thing. Any advice? Also attending MITM, made reservations at CMR this morning. Woo-hoo!

Old 07-02-2006, 08:47 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian- she is freaking adorable! Congrats!

NutMeggy- Congrats on the new MCSc!
Check out the Drivetrain/Engine forum for info about the pulley... or ask one of our local experts (like Chad from Detroit Tuned.... Chad@detroittuned.com / Agokart here on NAM)

Old 07-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Scotti280
2nd Gear

I'm a fairly new member and wanted to say "Hi!" to everyone. I've had my Mini Cooper S since March of this year. It's an '06 Hyper Blue with black bonnet stripes and a black top. I'm waiting for my personalized plates....STILL, man they take forever!!!! Hope to see many of you at Mini In The Rockies, CO native here. Hey fellow Mini owners don't forget to wave, I will if I pass you!! Have a good day.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:14 PM
SRICHS
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, Here goes:

I'm new, But not to the car, just the website. I have had the go cart now for 4 months, and already have 10.000 on the clock. [ friends don't let friends drive other's ugly cars]. Anyone in the Dupage area has probably seen, heard or watched me fly by [slightly heavy right foot]. She's a 2006
cooper s in hyper blue with a white roof. She runs on the 17" web spokes and if you haven't guessed, my posting name resembles the plates on her.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:14 PM
tjmarrone
2nd Gear
Terrific Site

Shopped like others for a new Mini and decided the local dealer markup was overkill. Bought an '04 with 18K miles from a used car dealer in Georgia and had the car shipped to me in Northern CA. Got it a couple of days ago and so far all is great. '04 "S" with sport and premium packages and the HK speakers. Shopping for a few upgrades like intake, exhaust, plugs and wires, rear sway and maybe a pulley. Your site has been very valuable.

Thanks,

T. J. Marrone

Old 07-03-2006, 08:21 PM
MINI CR8
Neutral
New to this site. Just have to say I love my MINI, and I have met some really neat people in the OkMINI club.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
MINI CR8
Neutral
Signature

I am new to this site, and I need some advise on how to post a signature. Also can one do a personal avatar? Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:01 PM
montyformula1
1st Gear
Hi everyone, I've mostly used the site for research, so you could say I've been lurking. I am active in the Florida area with SSM and it's local chapters.

I have an '05 MCS which I purchased from Lauderdale MINI on April 29th, 2005. His name in Jekyll & Hyde and he was a dealer demo. He has the Sport, Premium, Convenience, White Bonnet Stripes & Sunroof Graphic, Rally Lights, Black Panther Leather, Alarm, HB interior, Chrono package, Bling Bling (Chrome) Package, Harman Kardon.

He has since had some additions, which include:
Scoop grill, Sunshine MINIs badge, Honda S2000 Stubby Antenna, Toggle Panel Chrome Trim, My_Mini Chrome Door Caps, My_Mini rear seat pull straps, My_Mini 4th brake light kit, My_Mini "Give me a Break" rear fog light kit, My_Mini tow hook, Falken Circuit Spec wheels, MINI Motoring Hearts grill badge.

He now has 21,500 miles and we've motored together for 14,500. Road trips include Key West, Tampa Bay, Winter Park, St. Augustine & Daytona Beach... all in Florida. We're looking forward to Mickey & MINI this year and the Dragon in 2007.

Here's some pictures we've selected and are in chronological order from oldest to newest. See ya around!

Old 07-06-2006, 01:38 PM
blong77435
Neutral
zoom429

Hi, folks. I'm posting this for my wife, owner of a Purple Haze '06 MCS with Premium, Convenience and JCW. It's her car, but she uses me for a driver (that's OK). Getting ready for a 9,000 mile trip beginning next week to show the car the sights of our great country. Maybe we will meet some of you at Copper Montain. Motor ON!!

Old 07-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Cristi's Mini
Neutral
Hi Everyone! I picked up my new mini in May and have had a wonderful time! Mine is Hyper blue with premium and winter packages! I opted out of the stripes, but have seen some that I really like.
I get many compliments, but my favorite question is how I get both my girls in to which I always reply one at a time.
I also want to say thanks to all the Mini's around the Kansas City area! Friendly group always waving and honking! My oldest asked me the other day if I 'knew' everyone that had a mini.
Cristi

Old 07-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Spade
2nd Gear
Pepper

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce us to the mini world out there beyond St. George, UT. Totally in need of "mini" friends. Bought pepper with 4600 miles on him from a nice guy in Houston this last may 10th. One month later I was t-boned by an 02 civic. $12,344 in repairs and $1500 in rental cars later pepper is back in my kitchen... anyway, he runs as my '05 MCS PW w/black bonnets and standard rims off runflats. Sport/Premium and HK sound. I think I'm going crazy though because I'm having dreams of selling. Please keep me a member. Totally up for mods all around. If you live near by, we need to know eachother. Pics on there way! Thanks for any help,
Spade

Old 07-15-2006, 12:37 PM
DouglasFir
Neutral
Hi everyone - I'm a big fan of the Mini and even though it probably won't be anytime soon I'd love to own one at some point! That's about all I have for now! :D

Old 07-15-2006, 04:53 PM
klaatu
Neutral
NAM,

Just joined... looking forward to it.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:30 AM
kyates
Neutral
Chicago Area Newbie

Owned my CooperS for 3+ years and we're still in love. (Dark Silver, white stripes, Mini Bulldog in the front seat ) Some months ago I saw a club rally heading up Sheridan Road. So, here I am looking for info on the next ride...

Old 07-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Victory
1st Gear
Good evening everyone!

Of all the different MINI forum websites I am active in... I've joined another.

My name is Steph and I'm starting a local MINI club in my area starting this Saturday. Got some interested owners so I can''t wait!

I've come to this place to learn more about MINIs On The Dragon for 2007. Wondering what needs to happen now to get ready for whenever this event takes place next year. I'm really interested in going.

Good night everyone!

Stephanie

P.S. I have a 2005 MCSa HB/W. Her name is Victory. Custom plates: VICTORYY

Old 07-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Griff
2nd Gear
NEW Members

Hi,

We recently ordered a 2006 Royal Gray and Silver MCS from MINI of Sterling, VA. As of yet we have not received a production number but will be excited for its arrival.

We reside in Alexandria, Va and look forward to joining the local Metro DC MINI Group.

Happy Motoring,

Michael and Kandice

Old 07-19-2006, 06:08 AM
edgab
2nd Gear
hi!

hello! new mini owner here from the philippines! great site!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:55 PM
mini4minna
Neutral
I've been a lurker here for a couple of years and finally signed on! My mini, Minna, is a dk gray/white 04 S with luxury and cold weather packages, and the only mod we've done is to have the short throw shifter put in. I'm still in love after all this time even though we're just about to the point of buying a new set of tires (runflats?) and have 2400 miles left before my first scheduled service visit. I'm real curious about these grille badges I'm seeing everywhere. There aren't any active mini groups around here (that I know about) and get some mail from my dealer, Roadshow Mini in Memphis (they're great!!). Well, my hello is out of the way! Here's a pic of Minna

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM