1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:37 PM
StormBird
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone!

I already posted in 1st Gear (Dad Crashed Car Yeah!) but I thought I would introduce myself here.

I lurked around these boards for the past couple of weeks while I decided what options, etc. I wanted on my Mini. I finally put in the order today and am waiting for my production week.

I actually hate driving - except when I test drove a Mini I smiled the whole time. So now I say I hate driving anything BUT a Mini.

I have not been this excited about a car since I got my first car (I waxed that car all of the time even though it was 16 years old)!

Old 07-22-2006, 09:10 AM
HighSchoolzMINI
6th Gear
Hi my names Matthew I just bought my 2006 RG MCS from my neighbor Matt(MINIDEQUEENS) and I'm happy to be here

Old 07-22-2006, 03:23 PM
jq77
2nd Gear
Pick up Tuesday 06-25-06

I'm finally picking up my new MC BRG/W on Tuesday from Mini of Nashville. To say that I'm excited is a total understatement. I still haven't figured out the Avatar thing here, but have attached a picture of what I'll be getting just for the heck of it.
Cheers everyone, I hope to see y'all on the Dragon this year!

Old 07-23-2006, 06:05 PM
BritInAnS
Neutral
Hi everyone. I became a 2006 MCS PW/B owner in May and have just rolled through 3,000 miles and loved every one of them. Not too many MC's in the area - Springfield, MA., so if you see COOP523 go by give me a wave (and I will go by, not linger behind). Great to be a part of the Mini fraternity. Keep waving.
BritInAnS

Old 07-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Chuck_A@Patrick
Neutral
Chuck Amenta from Patrick MINI here, I am in sales and started with the company when MINI first came out in 2002. I have been here since the start.

I just wanted to drop in and say Hi!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Madoc
3rd Gear
Hi, All. I'm a new classic Mini owner (as of two weeks ago) and noticed that there are a few of you here. I hope I can add something to the forum and I certainly hope to make some new friends!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:53 AM
jjbug
3rd Gear
Hi Everybody!

I've had my MCS for about 2 1/2 weeks now---LOVE IT!! After test-driving a Mazda Miata and a Mitsubishi Eclipse, I then drove the MINI. The MINI was the winner, NO COMPETITION! Ordered it May 11, picked it up July 7...seemed to take forever, but well worth the wait! So you guys who have one on order, hang in there! Your day will come!

My MCS is hyper blue/silver, sport and premium packages, with Harmon Kardon sound system.

Happy Motoring!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:59 AM
SilverBullet14
1st Gear
Hey there all, new to the forums but have been reading them for the past week. I figured I have too since I ordered a mini on July 3rd. Believe it or not my baby is already on the boat to NYC and scheduled to dock on the 30th of this month!!! Ordered a Pure Silver MCS Covertible. Test drove the car and I knew I had to have one! Geez, the waiting is truely the hardest part, but I know it will be well worth it!!!

Happy motoring everyone!!! I'll be there soon with the rest of yeah!!!

O yeah, I'm planning on hitting up the Mini across the states, I'm doing the last three legs!!!! (Meeting the Mini's in DC and then heading up to Connecticut) CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 01:04 PM
abuzavi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Long time lurker. Been doing my homework, trying to figure out what to buy after selling off my '69 Camaro RS -- thi site has been great for helping with that. Am working through the fine details as I get ready to order up an '06 MCS -- for delivery in Germany.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:42 PM
yung gun
Neutral
hi this is my first post thingy but yea wat does nuetral mean below our names?

Old 07-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Speedee
2nd Gear
Hi all....

My MCSa was delivered this past April, and already has 5600 miles... I've done the cold ait intake, 15% pulley and Iridium plugs... Next will be an exhaust... I ordered her with all options except the JCWorks kit, so she's loaded and quick! Live here in West Florida, and regularly chat with folks from Sunshine Minis.... Have a great day!!

Old 07-26-2006, 02:23 PM
jm2639
Neutral

Hello folks. Just took delivery of my 2006 MCSa Friday. It is a garduation gift to my son. Good grades paid off for him. My son and I are looking forward to reading experiances from other MINI owners on this site and adding own own as well.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Crezwel
Neutral
Hello from Crezwel

Hi Everybody!

I have just reached one year with my MiNi and I absolutely love the community. I'm a member of the Dynamic MiNi Collective, chapter: Desert Rat Pack (Phoenix). Our calender includes your Colorado trip Aug. 10-14th, 2006. I want to go!

If anyone else might have some more information on cost, where, etc. I'd love to know!

Motor On

Cres Carson "Crezwel"

Old 07-27-2006, 08:44 PM
l8apexer
Neutral
Hi everyone.

Game developer from sweden here, making a game that will have a mini in it.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:50 AM
beezerbum
Neutral
Howdy !
My name's Dave too, but most call me "Beezerbum" (6 BSA's) I'm 59 years young, retired Import Garage owner from Springfield, Illinois I have 2 "old Minis "65 Traveller and a "60 Van. My oldest son has a BMW Mini and my younger son has a '63 Cooper (only car) one is in Chicago, the other in Boulder. I found this site as I was searching for engine conversion sites. Looks great!!!

Old 07-28-2006, 12:58 PM
mini-number1
2nd Gear
whats up

This place rocks. Hoping to get a 2007 MC as soon as they are avable.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:15 PM
herb0515
Neutral
Hello, everyone I'm Herbert and I been reading the posts on the Forums, great information there thanks everyone for that. I own a 2003 MC, and I'm pretty happy with it, I'll post some photos as soon as I can. Don't seem like there is a lot of owners of the Royal Red colored ones. We'll catch everyone later.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:32 PM
ARTSJCW
6th Gear
Hello All
I'm Art from Charlotte NC and I just purchased a Pepper White Cooper S from Hendrick. What a blast this car is to drive. Thanks for the site and the ability to share our joys of motoring. Will post some pics of Casper soon

Old 07-29-2006, 12:59 AM
climbergirl
5th Gear
Well, it's finally happening... After loving my 04 bmw 330i for 3 yrs, I am going to give her up and go for the go kart. I have to admit, I was resistent. I tried to go more practical. I have 2 huge dogs. So I tested the MCS first. Then I drove a Subie WRX wagon. 4.9% financing...offer below invoice..great car... still, the MCS took 1st place. Now comes the hardest part. Picking the awesome toys to put on it. I am doing my dealer research. Sounds like an out of state order will be best. I keep reading about Classic MINI in Ohio. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I am in So CA right now. I have their game figured out. I hope to order on monday, and I am trying to get an 06. Not too sure about the 07, especially with the changing of the engine. Everyone knows that the first yr after a significant mechanical change spells frequent service calls. Personally, I would rather be motoring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:12 AM
mont linkenauger
Neutral
Greetings All -Glad I found this forum - Started with a 03' Cooper P/white w/black sold it to my son - he loves it - I am picking up my new space blue w/silver MCS JCW Monday -I could not resist that retro leather either - I cant wait - I too am a BMW convert - unless you can afford the "M"s, well I cant (will be hurting with the JCW)- Still race a 1971 BMW 2002 in SCCA EP. Looking forward to reading the posts and replys. Regards

Old 07-30-2006, 06:19 PM
eenieMini
5th Gear
Hello Everyone.

I just placed my order with East Bay Mini for an 06 MSC.. going with Hyper Bue/white roof/mirrors/wheels/bonnetstripe, Hyperblue interior and shiftknob, Premium/Sport packages. HK sound. this dealer is the only one in the vicinity that will sell at msrp without markup (they're marking up 2-5000$ around here). I have a longer wait since they take so many orders because of their sale price... so looking to be seated between Nov/Dec.

I'm already anxious! I took the plunge and am giving up my 01 Z3...which has been a kick and a half to drive. I've loved all the group drives, and comraderie, seems like I'll find that in Minipeople too!

Old 07-31-2006, 08:24 AM
cgarber
1st Gear
New Mini Cab in Houston

Hey Crew - thanks for all the great info across the forums. Ended up ordering a MCS cab a week or so ago (DS w/ blue top). Will be a big change from my Tahoe. I also have a couple of medium to large dogs... we'll see how they like the back seat - being 6'7", they'll be the only passengers riding behind me.

Any other Houstonians out there? Not too many Mini's in this town - looking forward to meeting some fellow motorers.

Congrats to all you other new owners out there.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
ladybugmc
2nd Gear
New member and 1st post

Hello everyone
This is my first post on a forum of any kind and just joined today. I have been checking out the forums here for awhile and am excited about finally becoming a member. I picked up my 2006 Chili Red MC on Halloween 2005 (the day after my birthday,the best present ever!) after waiting what seemed like forever-actual time-6 weeks. I LOVE my MINI and I can't wait to get to meet some fellow members during MTTS...that love their MINI's as much as I do! If you are coming through VA,DC,NJ, we are doing those legs. Look for the ladybugs!!! ladybugmc

Old 07-31-2006, 10:33 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome everyone.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:40 PM
ladybugmc
2nd Gear
Thanks

Thanks for the quick welcome!

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM