1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to all the new folks! Make yourself at home and enjoy the insanity!

Ladybugmc, when I joined NAM, it was the first forum I had ever joined. This place has a wealth of info, and some fun people. Jump in with both feet.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:54 PM
ladybugmc
2nd Gear
Fun already

Thanks for the welcome Mishka, for my first night, I'm already having fun. I think the people on this site are going to be as much fun to talk to and hang out with as driving my MINI. I am so excited to get started on NAM.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:48 AM
bugkiller
1st Gear
hello!

hey there, i'm new to NAM. i'll post pics of Ellie my jet blk MCS. i've been motoring since march and absolutely love it! seeya'll later

Old 08-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Freebird
Neutral

Just joined. lookong forward to any info on mini. I have an 06 pepper white s model.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
Welcome Freebird.

There is more info here than you can imagine, so you shouldn't have trouble finding what you are looking for.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:52 PM
RHinaHBMCSC
4th Gear
So EXCITED!!

Can't tell you how excited I am to be part of this wonderful MINI community/family and NAM! I purchased a used 2005 Hyper Blue MCS convertible at the end of June after more than a year of debating and hemming and hawing. Love this car! My husband and I will be taking part in MTTS from Charlottesville to DC via Skyline drive - which I'm telling you now is going to be great! Already have my registration kit and counting the days. Yay!

Happy Motor'n Everyone!
Wendy

Old 08-07-2006, 03:30 PM
HOCKEY FREAK4
Neutral
Hello Everyone I am considering buying a mini cooper S. If I do I think this is a perfect website for my helps and needs.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:24 PM
ladybugmc
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RHinaHBMCSC
Can't tell you how excited I am to be part of this wonderful MINI community/family and NAM! I purchased a used 2005 Hyper Blue MCS convertible at the end of June after more than a year of debating and hemming and hawing. Love this car! My husband and I will be taking part in MTTS from Charlottesville to DC via Skyline drive - which I'm telling you now is going to be great! Already have my registration kit and counting the days. Yay!

Happy Motor'n Everyone!
Wendy
I saw that you and your husband are doing the MTTS from C-ville to DC. I am in Staunton and plan to do the C-ville to DC also. My husband and I haven't decided if we are going to do the same route or try to go to Kings Dominion. I wonder how people are going to go the Skyline Drive.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:45 AM
RHinaHBMCSC
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ladybugmc
I saw that you and your husband are doing the MTTS from C-ville to DC. I am in Staunton and plan to do the C-ville to DC also. My husband and I haven't decided if we are going to do the same route or try to go to Kings Dominion. I wonder how people are going to go the Skyline Drive.
I think most of the folks from DCMM will be driving Skyline back or another route. Try this link, https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=71234, should be the MTTS for DCMM. I would much rather take anything but I95 on the weekend.

I know DCMM is putting together something like a BBQ too, but I don't think the plans are finalized yet.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:05 AM
HHFD633
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Mornign all,
Just order my new mini. cr/w, sport, moon roof. cant wait have been waiting years just to order. I have been here for a year or so just following everyone, there cars and what is talked about. Wanted to let you know what a great place this is for mini owners and non mini owners alike. I came from being a die hard vw guy who was all over vortex to a mini. even though i dont have the car yet my wife tells me she hasnt seen me smile this much in years.

Wanted to thank everyone who has given me advise and spoke to me about there cars even thought i didnt own one. Hope to meet some of you at events.

thanks again

chris

Old 08-11-2006, 06:24 AM
MINI_Tex
Neutral
Howdy y'all

I have been motoring in our new MINI around the city of San Antonio Texas since March. Took me a while to find this website. I just wanted to say hello everyone!

Tom

Old 08-11-2006, 02:55 PM
retsej
Neutral
HELLO from Rhode Island. I finally got my own MINI (the wife is thrilled that I stopped driving her's, His name is Jester). My 06 MCS's name is MRHYDE he is all chilli red and I only ordered 2 options in him. Xenons cuz I'm a welder and after 15 years under the hood my night vision is going and LSD cuz of my future mods I have planned.

This weekend I will be doing phase 1 to MRHYDE which means I'll be installing H-sport springs, rear bar 25mm,rear adjustable lower control arms and camber plates. for rims I got the Kosei K1 TS in 17X7 and had them painted black. I will be installing Yokohama avs es 100's in size 215 45 17 on them. For the brakes I am putting braided stainless lines on him and upgrading the pads for now. There is also a backseat delete kit going in.

As for performace I will be installing a Miltek cat back system, An Alta intake and 15% pulley.

So as you can see I'll be busy in my buddies garage ( lift, impacts the works) all weekend. If your in Rhode Island check out Ocean state mini.com

Motor on

Old 08-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Holy Moley MINI
Neutral
Hi everybody!!!

I'm new to this site and a relatively new MINI owner. I adopted my 2003 MC from a lovely used car lot in the Windy City in January 2006 and have enjoyed my long travels to work every day! I had wanted a Cooper every since the first time I saw one cruising down the road and told myself I would get one as soon as I could. My kids and I love the stares and waves we get from other owners and people in big SUV's!!! Happy to be here and hope to find lots of useful information!

Old 08-14-2006, 02:19 AM
coolblue
Neutral
Hi there I'm new here too, I come from across the water in England, I made a pos tin 1st Gear, although I thought I did, can't find it anywhere

Old 08-17-2006, 03:22 PM
HappyComfort
Neutral
Hi Fellow Mini Fans!, I am happy to see there is such an awesome site for Mini lovers. My husband Bruce has owned, and done auto body repair on Mini's for years and our good friend Mike also is quite fond of them. We currently do not have a running Mini but no doubt that is one of my hubbys projects that has been on the back burner for a while. But we still love them and are looking forward to seeing many of them at the Monterey Historics this weekend. Hope to see you there! :-D

Old 08-19-2006, 06:10 AM
H_BACK24
1st Gear
Hi there,
I'm a noob but an old visitor in the Forums, got my 06 RG MCS Sport Pack. yesterday and i'm very happy about it. This forum is great, more power!

Jay

Old 08-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Goget87
Neutral
Hello, i am italian boy and compliment for the fotum... i have Mini Cooper Pepper White

Old 08-20-2006, 07:11 AM
CarlB
2nd Gear
New to this

Hi,
I

Old 08-20-2006, 02:53 PM
mr.durp
Neutral
long time reader , first time poster

Hello, I am new and in the Houston area. I've been reading alot of post concerning Momentum BMW and how horrible the sales people are there. I am going to purchase my Mini S in Nov. Hopefully to get below Invoice if possible. I guess i will look at Moritz Mini because everybody is giving the thumbs up for that dealer but i really don't want to travel all the way up there. If you bought from Momentum BMW..Was it really that bad..and can you give me an estimate on how much you paid for the S model. thanks. I'm trying to do as much research as i can because this will be my very 1st brand new car, i've only had used one before, I'm driving a 98 honda civic . Thanks!

Old 08-20-2006, 05:54 PM
SUM GYE
1st Gear
Minimoto

Hi,

I just shook hands with the sales chap on an 06 Cooper S loaded to the gills with JCW tuning and a host of extras. Dubbed MINIMOTO, he is Chili Red with a checked roof (and sunroof) and mirrors, aero kit,, 18" JCW black wheels, viper stripes and a lot more. MINIMOTO arrives in my hands this upcoming Thursday. I am stoked. Just want to say hello and announce that MINIMOTO is coming.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Dave S
1st Gear
Hi, just joined the site. Looks very informative. Looking forward to participating.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Angel
1st Gear
Hey all! I'm new, of course. I'm from Huber Heights and just got my MINI about a month ago. I LOVE my car! Haven't found a thing about it yet that I didn't like. Hope to meet everyone and discuss some things to do to my car. I'm excited to be apart of this site!

Old 08-22-2006, 11:35 PM
afnos
2nd Gear
Good evening all-
I have been profitting from reading these forums, but have yet to give back to the community. So here you go.
Proud owner of a previously enjoyed '02 LY MCSm. The wife talked me into getting it July '05 and I have had a permanent grin since. No real mods yet, not really any need. I love tinkering, though, so I'm sure I'll get the urge to upgrade from stock someday. Hope to get some pics up soon.

--Anybody in Vegas up for a multi-mini cruise?

Old 08-23-2006, 12:14 PM
MINIBro77
1st Gear
Hello All. I'm MINIBro (Mark Smith) and I'm new to your forum but not new to MINI. I'm a Motoring Advisor at MINI of Fairfield County and also owner of two MINI's. My former 2003 MCS DS/BK "Bullet" and my current favorite 2006 MCS SB/SL "Quicksilver." I am a member of NEMINI.org, MINI2, and bmw-forums.com. I love everything about MINI and especially love meeting fellow Motorers from all over the place. Thank you all for having me here!

Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM
mater
1st Gear
Welcome,Welcome,Welcome...Ya'll come on it an sit for a while....Tell us bout your trouble's and dreams and we'll try to fix yo life for good. I may not be able to spel good, butt, I'm a good lesiner!!!!!!!!This is Mater, Over and Out!!!!

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM