1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 02:50 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom64taylor
Hi Everyone!
I got to know this sight through members of our club, Mid-South MINIacs! I went to the Tail of the Dragon and loved all the things to do as well as all the great people I met. I hope to learn more on this site as I am constantly modifying my MINI - I think a Doctor should diagnose it as MINIatis!!!
Welcome to NAM, Tom! Nice to have you aboard and glad you enjoyed The Dragon! Cheers!

Clover

Old 05-23-2005, 03:07 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sembers
I ordered my MCSC on Feb 26th, and it is just now in production, with a scheduled completion date of 4/9. I'm anxiously awaiting my new thrill ride. I've been driving a Mini Van for 5 years now, and I'm definitely ready for a change of pace. I've ordered a Cool Blue Metallic Sport Convertible with Black Bonnet stripes, black convertible top, chrome line exterior and interior, 17 inch web spokes, illuminated door sills, black Panther leather, and packages include Cold Weather, Convenience Package, Sport Package, and Premium Packages. I also added the Mini alarm system, and the shopping bag holder. My gracious MA offered to throw in the floor mats after I tried to negotiate a better price (knowing I wouldn't get one, but hey, it never hurts to try). I went totally crazy the first 5 weeks just waiting for the status to change from "On Order", and now I know it should be done any day now, and ready to head to the docks to get put on a ship!
Welcome to NAM . Now, What's up with your MINI and you???

date of 4-9 today is 5-23 (unless you are in a different day zone) and no word??

Like to hear how you like it.

earl

Old 05-25-2005, 05:35 PM
BigD
1st Gear
Just pulled the trigger on buying MCS. Luckily enough I found the car with 95% similar optional in the dealer lot. Sadly enough I can NOT drive out the car since I'm leaving for a vacation. Mine is electric blue with white roof and mirror, anthricite interior, sports package, armrest and heated seats.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:10 AM
lhoboy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mrkoenig3
I wish mine had come with all the goodies. Can any of this be retro'd for my 03S?
Anything listed as an accessory on the MINI website can be added by you or the dealer (eg. driving lights, rear foglights, iPod adapter, all the JCW stuff, etc.) Unfortunately, the rest is problematic, but can be addressed with JCW or aftermarket add-ons. I don't think anything can be done to retrofit the DSC (stability control) or the PDC (back-up hazard warning). What specifically were you looking to add?

Old 06-13-2005, 04:25 PM
ISPEWONU
Neutral
Hi Mini Friends

Glad To Be Part Of This Forum

Old 06-13-2005, 05:56 PM
abdelon
Neutral
:smile: Hello,

New Mini Crazy Person Here. My MINI S is in the paint department as we speak! It's scheduled for completion this Thursday and then it's off on a boat accross the pond and through the Panama Canal and on to LA. I can't wait. Here is what I ordered:

Chili Red w/ Red Roof
Leather Beige Cordoba Interior
Chrome Line Interior
Sports Package
Premium Package
Sunroof
Limited Slip Differential
Chrome Mirror Covers

Dealer Accessories: JCW Everything

Old 06-24-2005, 10:24 PM
M3L
Neutral
New to MINIS

Hey all,

I'm Mel -- I've got my MINI on order, 6 more weeks. I was looking for a MINI forum and came across NAM. Just thought I'd introduce myself - so HI!

Old 06-27-2005, 04:15 PM
BFG9000
5th Gear
Hi All, '03 MCS with no mods in all that time but brakelight diodes. Now in 1st gear!

Old 07-03-2005, 12:27 AM
GrnGbln
1st Gear
whats up all, got my '05 MCS BRG/W built 10/04, so i go mine early!! anyway, learned a lot and have gotten a lot of good information and seen what to do and what not to do, hopefully i will be able to add to peoples experience.

cheers

Old 07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
evilweeble
Neutral
New to NAM. I'm 22 and I love classic Minis. I think something might be wrong with me. I have yet to own one but I can't get enough of them. I'm on the large side and this doesn't discourage me. HELP!!! lol. Just wanted to make myself known to the rest of the board.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:16 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
evil, you have exceptionally good taste!!! Minis are a rare sight around here, but I have a couple of friends who drive and restore them, so I get my fix vicariously through them. It is the Car of the Century...funny so few folks even know about them here.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:22 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome to NAM, evilweeble! Many of us were interested in the new MINI because we loved the classic Mini! Great thing to be obsessed with...don't you dare be discouraged! The Mini and MINI seem to fit a wide array of body types (pun intended)!

Clover

Old 07-10-2005, 07:04 PM
littlebvan
Neutral
Soon to be new owner

I finally purchased a Mini. Pick it up tomorrow in Indianapolis, IN. Hope that I can sleep tonight! I am closer to age 70 that 60 and decided that if I was going to buy, now is the time. My kids think that is cool, mother-in-law thinks I'm Nuts!! Will probably have some questions in the future.
Great site
littlebvan

Old 07-10-2005, 07:14 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Very cool. Congratulations on taking delivery of your new MINI tomorrow.

Welcome. :smile:

Old 07-10-2005, 07:19 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to NAM, littlebvan! Picking your MINI up tomorrow?!?!?!?! Nope, no sleep for you.....way too exciting. Have a blast motoring in your new MINI! What color/model are you getting??

I remember driving out of the dealer parking lot the first time in my Cooper...I had only driven a MINI once, and that was during my test drive almost three months earlier (yes, that was the wait time in late '02). Needless to say, we got acquainted right away...I was grinnin' from ear to ear by the end of the block and haven't stopped.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:35 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
littlebvan - congratulations! Might as well make yourself comfortable here, because you won't be sleeping tonight. You'll have a blast with your car!

Chris

Old 07-11-2005, 08:04 PM
mogsxr750
1st Gear
Hello All

Im still in "neutral" here on this site. I've learned quite alot from here but have yet to post. I am more known on the MichiganMini.com site, but would like to introduce myself.

Mike
MC-40 #811 of 1000

Old 07-12-2005, 04:52 AM
MIKE PREDINA
2nd Gear
Got My Mini And It's Rollin'

Hi Gang! I got my Mini and it's rollin' down the road at a high rate of speed. It came from the nice people at Classic Mini-Brian and Mike K were extra helpful. It's finished in Astro Black, with a white top, 15" wheels, automatic, and black and tan (sounds like beer!) leather sport seat interior, and the premium package. A really pleasant (pleasant?? Heck, it's FUN!) car to drive, wih a lot of extra features, and with the price of gas constantly going skyward, I'm smiling even more. Dave Stewart introduced me to this websitte, and I have to thank him for that. I look forward to meeting other "Mini-philes" and picking up good info from this site. By the way, did anyone see the pictures of the proposed Mini with a longer wheelbase for more legroom? It was in our Cleveland Plain Dealer, so it probably was everywhere else. It looked a little strange, but I'd almost have to see it in person to evaluate it. Of course, if it made the rear seat more usable, that's a plus; just so it stays cute, and handles like it does. Well, I gotta drive....Mike

Old 07-12-2005, 05:01 AM
dcummings
1st Gear
New Mini

I'm sure you will love the car. It is a nice package and the interior is in my opinion the nicest.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:30 PM
2nd Gear
Soon I'll be in the market for a 2005/06 MCS, so I'll be spending a lot of time here trying to absorb & learn as much as possible from all of you.

I've been a long time Porsche guy, and currently have a '96 993 C4S. I've loved the newer Minis ever since they first came out, but haven't been in a market for a daily driver up until now. I'm still not sure when I'll get one, but it will probably be in the next couple of months. Glad to be a part of this forum.

Rich

Old 07-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Alpine-Mini
Neutral
How do i "Shift Gears"

Old 07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
lvbltec
2nd Gear
noobie

just saying hi

Old 07-20-2005, 09:54 AM
tx-jbird
2nd Gear
New to NAM

Greetings,

I picked up Dixie in late May. I have been hanging out in the Owners lounge and MetroplexMini sites since then. I came here to find more detailed information about the MCS.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:07 AM
murph27
1st Gear
Hi to all

Ordered my MCSa on July 5th... "Jenks" left Oxford for Southampton yesterday....

Pure Silver/Black Roof
Sport & Cold Weather pkgs.
Black Leather
Sunroof

Aero & JCW Air Filter await his arrival to Pittsburgh....

Looking forward to taking my grandson Aidan out in the Pennsylvania countryside....... at least with Aidan in the car, "Jenks" will have the pleasure of one "cool dude" as company........................

Old 08-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Caypay
1st Gear
Not new, but have never really been around

Howdy to all fellow MINI owners,

I've had my MCC 04 for a year and 4 months now and, 36500 miles plus, I have enjoyed every minute of it!!

My MINI is named "Finaly" (yes, I know about the misspelling) and is an IB/W with IB/W checkered roof. Finaly has all sorts of options, way too many to list quickly here, and has had a few mods as well.

I am fairly active with the MetroplexMINI group here in Dallas, and have been a "lurker" here on NAM for a while. Why I thought that I had posted before, I was informed today that I had indeed not posted and needed to in order to keep my acount active.

So, here it is, my first NAM post. Sorry that it took so long, but I'm sure it's the first of many to come.

Now, back to my lurking. . .

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM