1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:50 AM
don317
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motoring in a Mini

I was surfing and saw some posts speculating about the "Motoring in a Mini" article ( Playboy) being a clever ad done by BMW. As the author, I can assure you that there was not connection at all. Matter of fact, I kind of wish there was some sort of connection - they could have sent me a hat or something - but it was a fun piece to put together.

Old 10-13-2006, 08:56 AM
VeryRedMCS
2nd Gear
Hey gang! I'm new to the MINI scene, having just picked up my 2006 Chili Red MC two weeks ago. I'm looking forward to prowling the forums!

Old 10-13-2006, 11:12 AM
allenski
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
prowl way Mister-TV-Lamp...welcome.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:17 AM
ca$per
6th Gear
Welcome!

Originally Posted by Mister-TV-Lamp
Hey gang! I'm new to the MINI scene, having just picked up my 2006 Chili Red MC two weeks ago. I'm looking forward to prowling the forums!
Welcome to NAM, nice color you got your self

Old 10-14-2006, 08:00 PM
halfacage
Neutral
Hello - new to site

Just moved to Delaware from Germany. If you dont see me in my Cool Blue MCSC I am probably on my Harley. Looking forward to all the tips and snips!
Live in the moment!!

Halfacage

Old 10-15-2006, 04:43 AM
RudyT
4th Gear
Welcome to NAM halfacage. Rudy here from the othere side of the pond. If you need any help/tips or just want to chat, you know where to find me .

Happy motoring in Delaware. Maybe next year I'll see you around motoring in the great states.

Feel free to browse these forums. A great place to meet some great people.

Till then, Motor ON !

Originally Posted by halfacage
Just moved to Delaware from Germany. If you dont see me in my Cool Blue MCSC I am probably on my Harley. Looking forward to all the tips and snips!
Live in the moment!!

Halfacage

Old 10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
turniptruck
1st Gear
Hello NAM members

Getting close to ordering a DS/B MCS. I will be trading in my 91 BMW 325i with 240,000 miles on it. Just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for the information I have already found here. Now on to the MINI talk forum to ask some questions about wheel options.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
allenski
4th Gear
welcome blake182....that username has familiar ring to it....like to a certain alternative rock band

Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 PM
turniptruck
1st Gear
Thanks Allenski

Sharp on your part to notice that. But corny on my part to come up with it.
Edit: not that anyone should care, but I changed my username to turniptruck from Blake182.

Last edited by turniptruck; 01-18-2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: too much time on my hands
Old 10-20-2006, 10:47 PM
ChiefsMini
Neutral
New member as of today. I am the proud owner of a 2006 Mini - red body, black roof - that I just picked up a week ago, tomorrow. It will eventually be the Chiefs Mini, to take the place of my Chiefs Beetle, that burned up about 10 days ago. I had intended to drive my Chiefs Beetle to Kansas City one day and sell it to another Chiefs fan. Guess that's not gonna happen, huh?

However, that's the past and now I'm the very happy owner of a brand new Mini Cooper. It may take awhile to "Chief-it-up" like my bug, but I will enjoy the journey. Thanks for letting me participate in your forum.

I'm a SoCal so if any other Mini SoCals are out there, let me know.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:51 PM
millerd2
3rd Gear
New to NAM

Greetings all: My wife and I are new to NAM and are waiting for delivery on our 2006 MCSa. It arrived in NY/NJ today and presumably is making its way to the vehicle distribution center.

This is our first MINI and we're looking forward to motoring on the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Skyline Drive and taking a trip down to Florida this December. I understand there's a good MINI association for the DC metro area. If anyone has recommendations along those lines please pass them on.

In the meantime happy motoring to everyone

Old 10-21-2006, 08:43 PM
R Runt2
Neutral
Thanks for the kind words!

Dave (and everyone else),
Glad to join your fine group here at NAM! We are the happy owners of an MC40 and leave tomorrow to pick up our new addition; GP #0473, which was ordered April 12. Our MC40 is #470, not too shabby, huh?
I look forward to communicating with the group, I'll try to get some pics once the rush wears off. Motor on!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:48 PM
sneetch
Neutral
I've been lurking around here since before I got my 2006 MC CR/B.....just long enough to start picking up the acronyms! It seems like the MCs are far less common than the MCSs - but hey, I could afford this one! Me still loves it. Already clay-barred it and Zaino-polished it (then Houston had torrential rain, yuck), so it needs a bath already. I'm working on getting the graphics on it - the one pic I'll have in my gallery is the roof graphic mockup from Aesthetic Creations - that ain't my car! I'll have more soon, promise.

I still don't know how these mini-body-color-clubs work though! Somebody splain me!

Old 10-21-2006, 11:15 PM
millerd2
3rd Gear
MINI seals

Hi Sneetch:
Try checking the following message. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=71218 All I did once I got there was right click on the seal I wanted, selected "save image" and then saved the image into a folder on my hard drive.

Once you've done that go to the NAM user control site at https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ms/usercp.php? and click on the link for edit signature on the left margin. When you get to that location scroll down on that page until you see the location where you can download an image for your signature. Simply hit the "browse" function, locate your saved graphic and paste it. Hit preview to see your new signature - if you're satisfied with it be sure to save it and you're done.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:02 PM
RCMini
1st Gear
I am signing in as a new member. I am not new to the mini however, I have been reading forums and researching parts for the last two years. I have a 2004 MCS with a few mods and many more on the wish list.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Frodo
3rd Gear
Welcome Ray! Its about time you got here I see you found the M62 thread. Motor on...

Frodo

Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM
QandElf
Shadetree Modder
Seen it before

Originally Posted by ChiefsMini
New member as of today. I am the proud owner of a 2006 Mini - red body, black roof - that I just picked up a week ago, tomorrow. It will eventually be the Chiefs Mini, to take the place of my Chiefs Beetle, that burned up about 10 days ago. I had intended to drive my Chiefs Beetle to Kansas City one day and sell it to another Chiefs fan. Guess that's not gonna happen, huh?

However, that's the past and now I'm the very happy owner of a brand new Mini Cooper. It may take awhile to "Chief-it-up" like my bug, but I will enjoy the journey. Thanks for letting me participate in your forum.

I'm a SoCal so if any other Mini SoCals are out there, let me know.
We have an avid Patriot Fan who did up their ride with "Go Pats", including the helmet for a roof decal.

Last edited by QandElf; 10-23-2006 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Page cycled before finished... D@^n PC!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:35 AM
frumpysf
2nd Gear
Newbie Here!

Ordered 9/18/06
MC Space Blue w/ Silver Roof/Bonnet Stripes currently enroute to SF Bay Area.

I can't wait to start beautifying her!

Old 10-24-2006, 12:21 PM
IPRESS
1st Gear
Just joined forum and have the feelers out to find the right MCS with the JCW pkg. to use as a daily driver. I road race and I can't stand not to have a car that handles even on the street. This place looks like the venue to get up to speed on everybodies favortite ride!

Old 10-24-2006, 12:25 PM
IPRESS
1st Gear
New but not for long

New to this forum, but can already see the info on MCS is here. Hope to be in one before Christmas. I saw some very strong Minis at the SCCA Runoffs. Made me have to have one as a daily driver. Everybody I know loves them.
Mac

Old 10-24-2006, 12:27 PM
IPRESS
1st Gear
Already screwing up three posts to say Hi....sheeeeeeesh

Old 10-24-2006, 12:31 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by QandElf
We have an avid Patriot Fan who did up their ride with "Go Pats", including the helmet for a roof decal.
Oh ****, don't let my fiance see this post !

Click on My Gallery and you'll see why I say that.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:30 AM
WilmaMini
Neutral
This is our first post. Our chili red S convertible is at the VDC which means it should be in our driveway soon! We live in the beautiful Hudson Valley area of NY and know that driving around in our Mini will be the greatest way to take in all the great scenery. Question: Since we're in NY and our dealer is in Albany, how long will it likely take to get from the VDC to the dealer? We'll call our MA (Dave) later but he's not in yet and I can't wait! Thanks and it's good to be part of the Mini family.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:33 AM
WilmaMini
Neutral
Got a question for you. We have two small dogs (pugs) and would like to use a removable dog seat cover for the rear of our Mini S Convertible. Does anyone have any suggestions about a good brand that's easy to put on and remove? Thanks in advance.

Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
mininovice
3rd Gear
Long time lurker finally registered

I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself I have been a long time lurker and I am currently a VW owner who is on the wait list at Towne Mini in Buffalo NY for 1st crack at an 07 MC I look foreward to a long term ownership with mini!

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM