1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 06:53 AM
dbeardjr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello, I am a member of Metroplex MINI and thought I would expand my horizons.
Dale

Old 08-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Red_5
3rd Gear
Greetings! I am a new 05 CR/W w/Wbonnetstrps #3 MINI owner and I have had my MINI for three weeks now and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! I live in the Ellicott City/Columbia, MD area and commute to Rockville, MD M-F. I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks. My new MINI is named Red 5 (any other MINI or MCS Star Wars fans out there?) and will soon be decorated in a subtle Star Wars theme with stripes indicating Red 5, and the Rebel Alliance and Incom logos. I have wanted my own MINI for four years and have always planned to personalize it in a Star Wars X-Wing theme. When it comes to personalized deco my philosophy is less = more, so it won’t be as over the top as the cars at RoadSquadron.com, although I really do appreciate their creativity. As for the roof art… the jury is still out on that one and I have several designs I am considering. Are there any other Star Wars themed MINI/MCS out there? Are there any sci-fi, fantasy or superhero themed MINI/MCS out there? I have been looking, but haven’t found any… yet. Anyway, I am so happy with my MINI and so happy to have joined NAM. Happy motoring and my the Force be with you all… and your little dog too!

There are several photos in my gallery... ENJOY

Old 08-09-2005, 01:39 PM
BabyHueyVFR
1st Gear
Bay Area Yellow MINI

Hi all, loving my first two weeks of MINI ownership. I guess I am one of the odd members, having picked up my MINI secondhand. It’s a Yellow 2003 Cooper with the black roof. It seems to have the trip computer, sun roof, HK Sound, 16” run flats, and HID lighting. Not sure what other options might have installed, sure feels like a sports suspension.

Anyone know a way to back into what was the equipment from the factory?

Old 08-18-2005, 12:29 AM
TrippleBeem
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey there everyone, I'm Ryan, and im about to purchase a 2005 MCS!

Look forward to using this forum..

ryan

Old 08-21-2005, 07:12 AM
ProfessorZoom
3rd Gear
Location: second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
Morning Everyone

Just thought I would try a quick welcome message. Picked up Penfold (2005 MCS DS/W) June 30 and have been having a great time since. 4000+ miles later and he is still purring away. I have been lurking around My wife does find it interesting that I take Penfold back to the dealership weekly for a bath, she just doesn't understand

Old 08-21-2005, 07:22 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Welcome! That's an impressive mileage total. Long commute, or have you taken some great trips out of town? I picked up my new Cooper on June 21, and I only have 1400 miles on it. I live in the city, though, and walk/bike to work a lot.
Originally Posted by ProfessorZoom
Just thought I would try a quick welcome message. Picked up Penfold (2005 MCS DS/W) June 30 and have been having a great time since. 4000+ miles later and he is still purring away. I have been lurking around My wife does find it interesting that I take Penfold back to the dealership weekly for a bath, she just doesn't understand

Old 08-21-2005, 09:34 AM
macuzer
Neutral
Ordered my 05 Cooper S a couple weekends ago. It's in production right now, hopefully I'll have it soon. Specs are in my sig. I based my decision on some of the things I read here and from driving the car. Wow! It's just soooooo much fun! I look forward to seeing some of you in the Richmond, VA area soon! Keep on Motoring!

Old 08-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Scavenger
6th Gear
Just a quick hello

Hi all,

I guess this is First Gear. I've just joined and ready to motor!!

Scavenger

Old 08-23-2005, 01:12 PM
CareofCA
Neutral
:smile: I am just lovin my 5 week old 05 HB/B MCSCa...
drives like a dream..... Life is Good..........

Old 08-23-2005, 06:50 PM
TLMCS05
3rd Gear
New Here

Tomorrow makes 1 week of new outlook on driving! '05 Elec blue MCS (mid life crisis #2 brought on by fuel prices) . Let the mods begin!

Great site. Lots of info to read. Need some GA folks to motor with now.

Tim

Old 08-24-2005, 10:06 AM
redrock
Neutral
New poster here

Hi All,

Well, I am finally becoming an active poster, been "lurking" since April 2004! Mr. Cooper arrived in Feb.2005. There has been sooo much to read and learn by reading these forums that I never felt like I had to ask a question that wasn't already covered. I visit nearly every day so I am familiar with many of you, so, Hello! :smile:

Old 08-24-2005, 10:07 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to posting.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
mjortiz1
Neutral
New to Mini Cooper - Lets Drive!

Just a shout out to all you Mini lovers and owners. My wife and I are brand spankin new owners of a beautiful Pure Silver Metallic Mini Cooper S covertable with black roof! We are totally in awe of this car and you should see the smiles it has brought to our faces. We got ours at Assael Mini in Monrovia CA and we stole it from them! Wow, tremendous price and service from our sales man Zorik and his manager Michael! Kudos and thanks. Looking forward to joining the club for some drive time. We live in the Whittier, CA (14 miles east of Los Angeles). Drop us a note if you want to meet and talk Minish!

Old 08-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Hwydsgnr
3rd Gear
Took the Plunge

After a 3 year wait, I put a deposit down this past weekend on the following 06 MCS:

Hyper Blue
Silver Roof
Silver Stripe
Sport Package
LSD
Armrest
S Mats Front/Boot

Looks like the first build for the silver stripes is week #40, so I have a bit of a wait.

Thanks for a great site. And a special thanks to Dennis at Hassel Mini who has made the buying experience very enjoyable.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Mira
2nd Gear
Introduction

Hello all. As of 24 hours ago, I am a new mini owner. I purchased a used 2003 Cooper with 24k on it that was taken in trade for a Subaru from the dealer. Minis are hard to find around here, a search brought up less than 10 in all of CT. Since the mini is new to me, I decided to steal a used one from the dealer instead of buying new. This way, I will know more about them and what I want, if I decide in the next year or so to upgrade. My mini is a base model apparently with few if any upgrades. She is British Rasing Green with solid black roof and the dk grey interior. No special packages, no glitz, no glory. But, a whole lot of guts. First ride was the test ride. I was initially shocked at the way she handles. Pulling out of the lot she took off on me, and it took a moment to adjust to the sensitive steering and brakes. That done, I ventured on the highway and was very pleasantly surprised at the power and handling. She was very responsive and nimble.
The PO, though they serviced her regularly, did not take pride in her appearance. I was very disappointed at the amount of scratches and minor dents the little one suffered at their hands. I mean, damn, what the hell did they put on the roof to leave a 2.5' scratch across it and WHY??
I am a classic car collector and will never quite understand how people can be so careless. I collect little Italian Sports cars and have presently in my stables a '72 850 Fiat Spider, an '81 Fiat Spider 2000, a '81 Fiat Spider 2000 LE (1 of 1000 built) and a '91 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce. Collectively, they have less scratches and dings than the li'l one has alone. Ok, so none of them are really major scratches or dings, but it behooves me that she was not cared for. She's just a baby!
Anyway, that was a little bit about me. I am happy to have found this forum and look forward to learning more about the 'lil one' here. Thanks!

Old 08-26-2005, 10:41 AM
redrock
Neutral
Hi MIRA

Congrats and welcome! :smile: BRG/B, what a classic British look . Since you are a classic car collector I'm sure you can deal with the scratches. I baby my PW/B S and have no scratches or paint chips after 9500 miles and 6 months of daily driving! You will have her, (him?) looking like a million bucks in no time.

Again, welcome and enjoy this wonderful community of like-minded motorers.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:29 AM
yomamali
2nd Gear
Newbie here

Hi everybody,

Just before Thanksgiving 2004 I test drove a 2005 HB MCSC. I really liked how the car handled. But it wasn't until the test MINI was taken into the service garage -- it was sunset when I test drove the car -- for better inspection that I fell in love with it.

It had almost all the features (and then some) I wanted for my MINI, and the hyper-blue color looked perfect... not to mention all the chrome finish! WOW!

I put a deposit on the MINI I test drove and within a week it was mine!

I love the little car, a little disappointed with the soft-top, but all is forgiven everytime I start him up (I named him Leroy). No mods yet, my MINI looks perfect as is. However, I am seriously considering a skid plate to compensate for my pick-up truck driving habits (I also own a '98 GMC Sonoma which I still use as my daily ride).

I'm on miniusa.com and nemini.org (and bodybuilding.com... but that's different). The MINI boards talk up a lot about NAM so I figured I'll join in as well. I like miniusa for its national flavor and nemini.org for its plethora of MINI runs (as well as its local flavor)... but I have participated in just one group MINI event (wah... life happens... what can I say?). Gladly, there are two MINI events coming in the fall that I have committed myself to :smile: .

I have a Leroy blog in my website; www.yomamali.com. It is plagiarized from miniusa.com (I figured the whole internet community should benefit from yet another odd blog!). Just stuff regarding my relationship with Leroy.

I will try to avoid being a 'lurker'...

Old 08-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Batman1usa
3rd Gear
Hellooooooooooooooooo

First post,
Hello all, :smile:
I've been around but now I'm posting.
Home site www.okmini.com Oklahoma mini enthusiasts.

Chili/Chili Cooper, glove box organizer, okmini window decal, Uniden pc68xl cb w/cobra powermic and Lil Wil antenna. Loose nut behind the wheel.
That's it, The "Little Red Machine" is bone stock.

Cheers
Batman
<><

Old 08-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Ralph@Helix
Former Vendor
whats up everybody...well i had to part with my sc'ed 323i earlier this summer, but i got my first mini cooper s the other day...will take and post pictures later when the weather is better.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Tweeker1
1st Gear

This is my first time responding, just wanted to say Hello and test if this worked. I have an 02 Cooper S, though this is 5th Mini. My first car was a 60 Morris Mini, so it is in my blood from way back.

Eric

Old 08-29-2005, 08:34 PM
jlapenna
1st Gear
Hi!

Hi! The banner told me to post, so here I am. I just ordered my Royal Grey MC on Wedensday and though I've never been any sort of car enthusiast I'm thrilled to be getting my new ride, except for the 8 week wait part.

-Joe

Old 08-29-2005, 08:53 PM
rdescherer
Neutral
bmw guy almost ready to take the plunge

Hello everyone --

Unfortunately, I cannot say that I am a Mini owner yet. I have to sell my current ride, a BMW 850i 6 speed, before I can pull the trigger on my purchase. I feel like an interloper...
My plan is to eventually order a MCS in Astro black with silver roof and mirrors, and the silver bonnet stripe. I have been reading through the archives, and I was surprised to hear some negative things about the leather interior and the auto a/c. I'll continue to do my research, and I'll let you know which options I finally decide to take the plunge.
Regards,
Rob

Old 09-06-2005, 07:31 AM
coopercrazy
3rd Gear
Good Site

Newbie to NAM.
Been on Mini2 for years... very international.
Will be picking up my MCS DS/DS in two weeks.
Its at the dealer and I'm just waiting till my current lease(2003 330i) is up to get it. I hope to get some good info and feedback from the site.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:15 AM
eb/w minster
1st Gear
gday peoplejust signed up to this site.i have an 04 model eb/w cooper s.i have had the mini for just over a year now and have done 22 thousand kilometres(dont know what that is in miles ).the car is standard ecxept for wheels and a k and n panel air filter.i so love these cars.they are awesome .there are quite a few minis around my local area and we get together for drives most weekends.glad to hear that the mini community is also big in the usa.mini driving=:smile: .

Old 09-16-2005, 09:35 PM
peabody54
Neutral
Newbie with a Capital N! (long)

I saw my first Mini a few months ago on the freeway in Houston, Tx. It was love at first sight! I started researching and lurking on all the Mini forums. I talked to the Houston dealers about a new Mini, but they are few and far between. Sold before they even get to the dealership. Didn't want to order & have to wait,so I was searching the Auto Trader and fell madly in love with a 2004 MCS that had been traded in by a mother of 2 who had just found out she was going to be blessed a third time! I called the dealership, left work a couple of hours early, and took off for Houston again. ( I live 3 hours away!) I had never even sat in one before. The brave salesman got in and handed me the keys, and off we roared into rush hour traffic. It had been 20 years since I had driven anything with a clutch! I had to have it...

I turned over the keys to my Lexus SUV and the 3 hour drive home was a blast! I live in a small East Texas town, and I don't believe anyone here has ever seen one before. It's been 3 days now, and I get smiles and lots of strange looks. I can't wait to drive to work. Everyone thinks I'm nuts, or going thru some midlife crisis. Only other Mini lovers can understand.

To top it all off, my husband has been gone to Kansas on a hunting trip for a couple of weeks. Won't he be surprised! He was always complaining about needing more room in the garage, now he has it.

I got the pure silver metallic w/panther black gravity leather & front black hood stripes, the #1 Premium Pkg. and #2 Sport pkg. on board computer, sport seats, 17' run-flats, xenon hl, roof & mirror caps in black, dual-pane sunroof ,hk stereo, and 6 speed manual transmission. Now, if I can just figure out all the cool stuff! I haven't even gotten thru the first book! But what a hoot! Makes me smile everytime I look at it. The only thing I wish it had is heated seats, but it's still perfect.
Thanks for all the neat stuff I learn on here.

Donna in Texas

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM