1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Fifa
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, my name is Fianna and I am bought my mini (2004 R50, pepper white) a few months ago back in November 07. I can't wait till the weather is nice again, when I can clean her myself. I'm from Toronto and we've got schizophrenic weather (last week it was -26, then 3 days ago it was +14 degrees = muddy, dirty melted snow with lots of bits of garbage and crap everywhere). Learning a lot from this forum and love seeing how people mod their car and each is unique (wish i had the $$$ you guys have out there for all those fancy 'accessories' ;-))

No picture yet of mine.. gonna wait till the time (read: weather) is right.

-Fianna

*and now i'm gonna go post my 5 dream cars here https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=124213

Old 01-11-2008, 12:13 PM
catseye
3rd Gear
I just purchased an '05 MCS to replace my M3 dailydriver/track car. Look forward to enjoying this little car.....

Old 01-11-2008, 06:45 PM
EllaJeanLumpkins
2nd Gear
Long time "lurker", first time poster........

My name is Ella. I hail from Louisville Kentucky and remain there for the time being. My husband purchased an 04' Mini (non-s) in pepper white for me long ago as a surprise to replace my much beloved and long gone MKII Jetta.

I've done nothing to the car aside from enjoy driving it as my daily driver and on road trips.

This weekend will see my first modification to the car, Enkei Or52 wheels and Hankook Ventus tires. Going a little bigger than stock in all directions.

I've got a lot of plans but nothing to crazy, mostly aesthetic stuff but a few small engine things and some suspension work to boot.

I've always been a fan of the MINI since I was younger and some folks would call it aiming low but having one in pepper white was literally my "dream car" and that has come true fortunately.

I've enjoyed the forum while lurking. It's one of the more "mature" car forums on the net that I've seen and I look forward to interacting with all you folks!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Fifa
Neutral
Hi Ella, I also have an 04 non-s. What kind of small engine and suspension changes are you having done? I've been looking into getting some nice rims myself (keeping them 15" though, toronto roads are made for tanks), as well as improved suspension.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:22 PM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
MiniRee in Rock Hill, SC is expecting!!!

I'm so happy! Hap, hap, happy! Doin' a Happy Dance and lookin' just like Snoopy at suppertime!

I built my Dream Mini on MiniUSA's site a couple of months ago and went to the dealership today and ordered it! I can't believe it! To make things even better, it was my salesperson's FIRST SALE EVER! Needless to say, we were both grinning the whole time...

Here's what I ordered: 08 LiB/B MCS with Conv, Cold Weather, Premium, and Sport Pkgs, Black bonnet stripes, Chrome line interior, chrome mirror caps, color line in Pacific Blue, Piano Black int, Xenon headlights, white TS lights, leatherette B/G, and chrome bonnet scoop.

I have a production number, but the wrong info is still showing for now. Maybe tomorrow... Anyone order one recently from dealer in NC? If so, what was the actual wait time until delivery?

Now, I'm anxious to meet other MINIacs in Rock Hill/Charlotte area, as I can tell from reading posts that Mini enthusiasts are a fun bunch of people...

Marie (aka "Ree", hence "MiniRee")

Old 01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You really should try to get a little more enthusiastic, Ree.

Sounds like a GORGEOUS MINI you just ordered. I think I'm looking nearly as forward to seeing the pics as you are about getting it.

By the way, wait time varies, even within the same dealership. They didn't give you an estimated delivery date ? Call them back and get one. They should know which week of production yours will be scheduled. From there, they tack on the transportation and processing time. Presto, estimated date.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
I know I should try to hold it down a little! I'm really excited, though. The last really fun car I had was a BMW Z3, and that went away about 6 years ago. I've been driving an '02 Ford Expedition for five years and, finally, the last teenager got his license and "needed" my car to haul golf bags and buddies to the course. Hold yer hats, boys, Mama's gettin' a new car!

The dealership gave me an "estimated date," but it was very ballpark and based solely on past experience. I will wait a day or two (if I can!) and call them back. From what I've read, I think I should expect about 5 weeks, as I'm on the East coast and delivery here seems to be quicker.

Thanks for your quick response! I'm going to get a glass of wine and breathe deeply for a while...

Ree

Old 01-16-2008, 08:13 AM
iwanagofast
Neutral
Hey everybody, I have a 03 EB cooper S and a black mini 30. Have alook at my local hang out www.miniclub.ie home of the mini club of Ireland.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
meandmyMINI
Neutral
Hi,
My 1st post here, I have an 06 MINI, I've had her since March 06. Winters here are quite nice for driving, if you don't mind rain,or snow or slush or ice that is!!

Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 AM
MC 2
5th Gear
wellcome and cagary is an very nice city few of my frend live out there

Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 AM
meandmyMINI
Neutral
Thanks MC2, Vancouver is where I am though

Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
MC 2
5th Gear
Vancouver is and great place to.. Are you in winter mod..

Old 01-17-2008, 10:56 AM
meandmyMINI
Neutral
Ah, yes, full on winter drearies, lot's of rain

Old 01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
MC 2
5th Gear
Hovehire it cloudy and the STORM is on is way my mini is in the garage for
winter but on sunny day i take her for and adrenaline ride..

Old 01-17-2008, 01:18 PM
moyperla
Neutral
Hey!

Hi everybody!

Have my mini since november 2007, found you guys yesterday! I'm very happy, since forums are the best way to REALLY find out about issues with your car, and the best way to avoid getting ripped off by the dealers!

See you around!

Moy Perla

Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 PM
NASA GAL
Neutral
2003 S Owner/GPS problem....no map displayed

I am having a GPS problem right now;
no map is showing on my screen; lat/long seem stuck in one place;
no undue cold temps. CD in perfect condition;
MINI service mrg took CD out and re-booted with no change to the screen;

NEED HELP solving this one so I don't pay for a service inspection and/or new unit.

Thanks all

the CA NASA GAL

Old 01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
sjjeross4
Neutral
I am posting because my Mini caught on fire. It happened yesterday and I am trying to get answers. I will try to post a picture.

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-027.bmp   Welcome to NAM-028.bmp  
Old 01-18-2008, 07:44 AM
PNWgearhead
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having your car burn to the ground is a total drag! Hope you find out the cause!

Old 01-19-2008, 09:52 AM
troopertripp
2nd Gear
new to this site

Hello All, I am a Jetta TDI driver but my wife bought her dream little Mini new in 05 and loves it to death. She is in the process of chroming it all out. I have been a member of a similar forum for VW TDI owners and she suggested I find one for her Mini. I am new to this site and have a lot of reading to do to catch up. We have family in the Asheville area so the Dragon looks like a great spring option. Thank you in advance for all of your pioneering efforts, and look forward to the reading in the comming weeks.

Tripp

Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
eel32187
Neutral
Hey all, I Just inherited a 2003 MCS Dark Silver from my dad who now owns a saturn sky red line so i have been around for a while. We have done a lot of work to the car and this site has been amazing helping us out, so i just wanted to thank everyone. I live in the Rhode Island area and looking forward to the Mini on top weekend this year. Thanks again

Lee

Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
altoid
Neutral
Hi, all. My name is Nik and I've been longing for a MINI ever since I saw the Italian Job (cliche, I know) a few years ago. My goal is to hop into one sometime this year, quite likely in late summer or early fall.

Wish me luck!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
djoneiro
1st Gear
Hey all! Just thought id put a shout her aswell! Glad to be part of NAM!

Old 01-23-2008, 01:32 PM
CooperShop-IL-WI
Neutral
test

Old 01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
osahispine
1st Gear
Hello NAM

Hello Everyone! I brought home my ’04 MINI S (Pepper White) last Friday. I’m super excited to finally have a “new” car. I know, 2004 may be ancient to some reading this, but you see, my other car is a 1974 BMW 2002tii. So, jump forward 30 years in automotive advancements and well, I have to say all the modern perks are quite fun. I’ve been supercharging all around Texas the last few days! I appreciate the comments given on the list, which really eased my car buying nerves. I’d love to have posted a picture today, but the car looks more like Pepper Soot than Pepper White due to the drizzly weather. I probably ought to call it El Sucio, but hopefully this won’t be a permanent state. I’m in Austin, Texas. Hope to see some of you soon! Oh yeah, …and where are all those Pepper White folks?!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 05:14 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
Hi! I'm Janet from Florida. I recently got my 2008 MCS Cabrio in sparkling silver with the Sidewalk package. It was a monumental decision to downsize from a Toyota Sequoia but I haven't regretted one minute of it! I am in love with this car!!! I have never had so much fun with a car before.

I just heard about this site and am looking forward to learning a lot more about MINIs.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM