1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 04:40 PM
Madnikos GR
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone I am a member of MINI2 and the greek club.I got my mini S 8 months ago and still smilling......

Old 09-25-2005, 05:39 PM
krbshappy71
Neutral
Dreaming and Drooling

Still have a dream of owning a mini, haven't taken the leap yet to make it happen. I thought joining a forum and reading more about them would help me make that final decision. I currently own a "practical" honda civic, but can't help dreaming and drooling over the mini's every time I see one drive by. *sigh*
I'm hoping to learn more about their reliability, common problems they encounter, estimated cost of repairs, etc. Basically either talk myself into or out of it.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Kryptonik
Neutral
Hi, guys. I am a soon to be MINI Cooper S owner, so I am just trying to catch up on all MINI news. :smile:

Old 09-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Dr. Phil
1st Gear
Hi y'all.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:28 AM
coco
Neutral
HI ya all!!! I've visited this site many times, finally ordering my 2006 tomorrow after a 3 month "wait list"---can't wait.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Jack Amos
Neutral
Hello from Richmond

Greetings from River City Minis in Richmond, Virginia. I hava a Liquid Yellow & Black '02 MCS with asymmetric black & red stripes & yellow powder coated wheels. It's good to finally be among the Mini...

Old 10-03-2005, 07:21 AM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy cow Jack... first post after 9 months!

Old 10-03-2005, 05:30 PM
vi3ti2avei2
1st Gear
Hello!
Well I'm only 16 learning how to drive, but have been in love with mini coopers since 2002! I would really like to get one when I enter college, but I doubt that will happen But I'll try my best to get one and join the fellow MINI enthusiast!

Old 10-09-2005, 05:36 PM
zeusboy
2nd Gear
Hi,

I've had my Mini a little over 9 months now and loving very minute of it! I'm a member of Atlanta MINIS but new to NAM. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Call
4th Gear
Zeusboy,

What took you so long? I hang at NAM several hours a week. Great place to learn and share...all about the MINI.

Call

Old 10-10-2005, 05:27 PM
white mountain
Neutral
White Mountain

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. My new mini-S is on the Elektra and is due in NY on the 13th.

I've been reading your forum for over a month now and have really enjoyed the info. This will be my first mini and I just can't wait. My ride to work every morning is like a road course in Nova Scotia. I live in central New Hampshire-ie the white mountain handle. So, thanks for the welcome and I look forward to joining your ranks.

My first question is: Do any of you live in "snow country?" and, what has your experience been driving the S?

White Mountain

Old 10-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Little Guy
Neutral
Just signed on and looking around. Thanks...

Old 10-11-2005, 02:36 PM
nuclear kitten
1st Gear
The diagnosis would not be good but the disease itself is certainly something one can live with.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:44 PM
menace
1st Gear
To White Mountain,

The MINI S is a great snow car, except in deep, high-centering snow. I live in ski country and drive my wife's mini s at times. It's very stable and traction is good, especially with winter tires. DSC is helpful and LSD would probably be even much better (not the drug , though snowflakes may take new meaning, etc.). I own a WRX wagon (4wd, LSD, etc.) and the mini is not that far off.
I have a deposit on a used Mini S that has been heavily modded for autocross, etc. I hope to get winter tires/wheels and use it all year.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:39 PM
myjackrussells
Neutral
Hey Mini Friends

So I'm just doing like it says to do....

taking the plunge and making my first post.

I got my '04 MCS about a month and a half ago and I LOVE IT! It's a blast to drive, especially since I last drove a Jeep Cherokee that was automatic. My husband wasn't sure how I was going to handle the drastic change, but I think that was just him thinking that I wouldn't like it, and he would get to drive Mini!!! I don't think so! You guys that are waiting on the arrival of your new babies.... hang in there, the best is yet to come.

I just ordered the IceLink Plus from dension.com. Dension has a great site that's easy to navigate and has a lot of great info. Definitely check it out if you're all about hooking your Ipod up in your Mini. If you don't think you can do it, the website has installation instructions and help guides available based on your product so you can see how it's done before you buy it.

Well that's my 2 cents for the moment. Oh yea, the dealership in Orlando (DOWNTOWN MINI) had iron on Evil Knievel shirt graphics available for free. I'm sure all of you would agree that Mini has the all time greatest marketing materials. They also have a couple of holiday and new JCW brochures out.

Christi

2004 MCS, Sport/Premium Pkg, xenon lights, front/rear fog lights.... and a bunch of other cool stuff my Jeep didn't have!:smile:

Old 10-19-2005, 07:37 PM
TBOB
1st Gear
Wrong Place

My first post was placed under the 1st gear heading, and titled "Old, But New".

Anyone interested can view my offering at that location.

Sorry for the confusion

Bob

Old 10-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Mishka
6th Gear
We just recently adopted our first MINI, a 2005 Hot Orange Convertible named Gromit, and are slowly learning our way around all the great places for MINI owners to get acquainted.

Where we live, there are only three MINI's in town-make that "in the county"-so it is nice to be able to interact with other owners on line.

We look forward to seeing you on the road!

Old 10-23-2005, 07:41 PM
=Rooster=
Neutral
Good to be here and Hi to all.

I’ve been lurking around and have enjoyed reading other enthusiastic owners and owners to be posts. I have found it difficult at times to negotiate and find the resources for what seems to be common information. Maybe there should be a NAM 101 sticky with all the basics. Anyway my dealer said my MINI should complete production Nov 5th. And it should take about 4 weeks from that time to come in. My creation will be born MCS ABM/B JCW #2 #3 #4 Tartan Red/Seven HK JCW 18’’

Here’s my dilemma. If my car comes in first to second week of December, Do I take possession and pay the personal property tax for 05 or do I wait until after the first and save $$$? Has anyone else thought of this or had this concern?

What's up with the HTML tags when I copy and paste from Word?

Old 10-24-2005, 04:14 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Hullo... Just ordered!!!

I just ordered a brand new PW/B MCS!!! All I have at this point is a production number! My dealer says to expect the car sometime in December... Don't they realize that I can't possibly wait until December! That's over a month from now! In the "track your mini" area of Miniusa.com the details on my car haven't even been entered yet, just a prod number and the fact that i ordered an "S"! The dealer literally entered my order today.

As you can probably tell from this post I'm a little excited.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:36 PM
=Rooster=
Neutral
Don't rely too much on miniusa JRZY mine is due for completion Nov 5th according to my dealer and Miniusa still says scheduled for production and no details have been posted. They do have my VIN # though.

Old 10-31-2005, 04:12 PM
arch-r
1st Gear
New with interest

Don't know how high a profile I'll have but I will keep checking in. Baton Rouge is a great place to start to almost any corner of the country.

Old 11-01-2005, 04:51 AM
jbobp
2nd Gear
'06 Mcc

New MINI owner as of 10/28. Picked up a MCC PW/B and drove most of the weekend and almost all of yesterday. The weather in Atlanta is unseasonably warm and riding around topless has been great.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Cuthbert
Neutral
Nice to be a part of the Mini crowd

Me and the wife decided on a Mini, we are getting:
2006 S
Black with Silver top and silver bonnet stripes
Sports pack with web spoke rims
Premium pack

Very excited to get it, its been built and right now we are eagerly awaiting delivery here in La maddalena Italy.

Old 11-01-2005, 05:58 PM
lobsteroll
Neutral
Newbie ;9

Hi everyone! Ok, so I haven't gotten my Mini yet but it will be soon! I'm counting down the months, it will be in March. I'm sooo excited, i can barely wait!! I will be getting a '06 Cooper S, w/ what is it called...teptronic gear? You'll have to excuse my spelling, not very techie!

I will post a pic when i get it. I plan on going on a roadtrip afterwards....going to drive from WA to CA.

Looking forward to getting familiar w/ this site :smile:

~lobsteroll

Old 11-05-2005, 04:21 AM
StevenV2
1st Gear
Long time reader, first time writer

Sorry, just could not resist the urge to paraphase those AM radio call-in folks.

Well, my last Mini was a 1965 1275S that I sold in 1980, and as of November 1 I find myself , 25 years later owning another MINI (all capital letters this time .

Picked up the car in Littleton, CO and made the 610 mile drive home in just over 8 hours and having a great time while doing it. Just one problem during this drive.

At about the 500 mile mark, I started hearing a noise which was only audible above 55-60 MPH with my driver's window open. I felt no vibration or unusal play in the steering wheel, the brakes when applied did not alter or stop this noise. I looked at my gauges (all WNL), and even checked to see if my seatbelt was vibrating from any wind blowing in from my window (nope). Occasionally this noise would disappear alltogether, but at no time did it occur at speeds under 50 MPH or while idling. The impression I was getting, was as if I had some undercarriage plastic piece loose and then vibrating when my speed was fast enough to make it audible.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Other than this noise, an uneventful shakedown trip :smile:

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM