1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:53 PM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jvandewark
Hi all,

I posted a long time ago when I registered, but now I'm a genuine owner.

2008 MINI Cooper Clubman
Launch inventory car
Nightfire Red / Silver / Silver

Loving it!
Gorgeous color combination! Welcome to everybody else! This site is a wealth of information and good folks to talk with...

Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 PM
MEWintle
Neutral
I tried to order a Clubman today

I've been obsessing about getting a Cooper for about three months. I wasn't sure about the Clubman, so I waited patiently for the launch party at Morristown (NJ) Mini. I was very surprised to find that I love the Clubman. The pictures don't do it justice. It definitely has the spirit of the Cooper, but with a little more space and a a bit more quirk. I'm so in.

I went today to buy one. I pretty much loaded it up (most of the packages, lots of checkers, red line, anthracite, driving lights, etc). The computation of the $550 monthly payment gave my CFO (my wife Jessie) sticker shock. But she wants to spoil me and is going to scrounge up a little more down-payment tomorrow. Hopefully we can place the order on Monday.

I'm scared about the ability to track my order through the factory and across the ocean. Way too much potential to obsess!

Magdalena (my salesperson) says that when it arrives they'll put on display it in the showroom because it's so tricked out. How cool is that?

MEW

Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 AM
supermega
Neutral
A big hello from the UK! I heard this site mentioned on the Whiteroofradio podcasts, so im just checking out what our friends across the pond are upto!

Im on my second MINI at the moment, it's a R56 Cooper in PW/B. I have had the pleasure of driving a few different MINIs(While mine is being fixed!) over the last year, including a Cooper S Clubman, Cooper D Clubman, Cooper D Coupe and a MINI ONE Cabrio.

I cant wait for the new R57 to come out! ;-)

I have some pics of my mini adventure at my flickr.

http://flickr.com/photos/supermega/c...7602617685204/

Last edited by supermega; 02-24-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:42 AM
supermega
Neutral
Hello from the UK! I have heard this site mentioned a few times on the Whiteroofradio podcasts, so I just had to check it out!

I currently own a PW/B R56 Cooper which is my second MINI. Had a few problems with it, but it seems to be ok now. Really looking forward to the new R57.

I have some pics of my mini adventure at my flickr.

http://flickr.com/photos/supermega/c...7602617685204/

Old 02-24-2008, 08:32 AM
MUNGO
2nd Gear

Finally got around to registering. We traded an Infiniti FX 45 last May for an '07 MCS CR/W. We wanted to get the payments down and get better MPGs. We loved the MINI so much, in October we ordered a '07 PW w/ JCW aero kit and too many extras to list for my wife.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:08 PM
inimini2007
6th Gear
Newbie from Jersey City NJ

I'm new to NAM.

My wife's cars are 2007 Red VW New Beetle Convertible and 2007 Pepper White w/ Black Top MCS.

I have to beg her to drive. She said I could post here.

Thank you for your time,
Lorin, Jocelyn & Larisa

P.S. We love MINI Coopers, MINI Events, and like people who love MINIs.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Vini
Neutral
hi i just got my mini s a couple months ago
Grey w/ black top, black stripes, Xenon lights.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:09 AM
matte
Neutral
I'm new to NAM. I'm Matteo, from modena (ITALY) and I'm a Pepper White/black top MC r56 owner... that's my mini...

Old 02-28-2008, 05:27 AM
picasso30
1st Gear
New to NAM

Hi. I bought my MINI in July of '07. His name is EYNSTYN. He is a Dark Silver and Black with black bonnet and boot stripes. No mods yet. A swaybar is in his future though.

I live near Atlanta and have been active with the AtlantaMINIs. I registered with NAM back in November or December, but I haven't been active. I am moving to Blacksburg, VA in July or August to start my PhD at Virginia Tech. I'm hoping to meet some Virginia MINI people here so I can know a few folks when I move up there.

Thanks,
Heather and EYNSTYN

Old 02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
JCW56
1st Gear
Ozzy

Hello from Australia,
Have been on M2 for a while but am heading over to AMVIV this year so I thought i'd make contact with others who will be going via NAM. I have uploaded a couple of old shots of my mini for a viewing.
Cheers
Steve

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-best1.jpg   Welcome to NAM-bsf1.jpg  
Old 02-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Denyer
Neutral
Just thought id say Hello I'm from Nottinghamshire England I own a 2004 Hyper Blue Cooper S

Old 02-29-2008, 02:04 PM
localdrummerweb
Neutral
Um......HI!

Old 03-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Ladnerites
Neutral
Welcome from west coast of Canada. Just picked up a 2005 BEP 5 spd, sunroof. We all love it.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:36 PM
eLiz_Butterbean
Neutral
Hello everyone! I'm Liz, and I'm a tax accountant in South Carolina. My MINI is Butterbean, an '06 Chili Red MINI Cooper that I took home in December 2005. I'm hoping to get to post some photos soon. You'll also see Butterbean's co-parent on here as well, my boyfriend William (wbarnhill).

Old 03-02-2008, 05:23 AM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
"Hi" to everyone! Glad to see you all. This is a very good place to meet other Mini (and MINI) owners and to learn all about our MINI babies...

eLiz_Butterbean: Where are you in SC? You should definitely consider joining M2C2, if you don't already belong. It is the MINI Motoring Club of the Carolinas and the members are fantastic. The club is very active and you would have LOTS of fun with other MINI-lovers in person!

Old 03-02-2008, 07:33 AM
eLiz_Butterbean
Neutral
MINIRee: Thanks for the welcome! I'm in Greenwood, and I'm actually planning on getting active in M2C2 as well I've heard lots of good things about them.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 AM
white rocket
2nd Gear
new car for wifey, yippee!!!!!!

hey from vancouver, BC.

my wife and I just ordered an '08 MCS in Chili Red w/ white roof, mirrors and stripes. sport pkg, premium pkg, convenience pkg, hi-fi, bluetooth, LSD(my fav ), manual trans; pretty much everything except nav. dealer said 8 weeks so we're looking at late April-ish. option packages seem to be quite different in the US. we explored that route but decided to buy local for convenience. we're SUPA STOKED about this car. it's been my wife's dream for 4 years to get one and now here we are.

this car will see the track and will be modded; currently researching. this is her daily driver so nothing too drastic. JCW sus pkg, shift **** and ebrake, wheel/tire combo and ...............we'll see where that takes us.

I already track my own car(Integra Type R) and have a nice community forum like this to share the excitement. I'm stoked that she can do the same. she'll be registering soon, I'm sure, and then kick my a** for stealing her thunder

.....lates*

Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by white rocket
she'll be registering soon
Welcome to her and you you...she can't blame you for being overly-excited, can she???

Old 03-08-2008, 05:04 AM
DrivenGP271
Neutral
Just got a GP. So leetttsss moottoorr!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:33 AM
investigator
4th Gear
Sorry, but I don't know what GP means, other than Grand Prix. Please elucidate.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:00 AM
meandmyMINI
Neutral
Originally Posted by Ladnerites
Welcome from west coast of Canada. Just picked up a 2005 BEP 5 spd, sunroof. We all love it.
welcome Ladnerites!
You're going to love your MINI, I know I do

Old 03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
jessicasprouse
3rd Gear
I have wanted a mini ever since i first saw one when i was 12. back then i thought it was realistic that i could save my allowance and paychecks, and have enough to buy one. lol. When i turned 16 and got my license, i had just enough to buy....a 1999 Buick Century. I was upset at first, but have learned that no teenager should have a new car for their first car. a buick was actually perfect, because its big, and safe. When i went off to college in san francisco last september, my mom sold my car. Unfortunately, while visiting a friend in florida during a school break in november, we were in an accident. We were in an suv that flipped over. My friend and his dad(who was driving) were both fine. I on the other hand, broke 4 vertebrae in my back, and severely sprained both ankles, and messed up both knees. Needless to say, i had to drop out of school in san fran, because i couldnt go back. I have been recuperating in VA at my moms house for a couple months now, and got my brace off the first week of February. And then, to my surprise, my grandpa said he felt bad about what happened, and agreed to buy me a brand new mini.

I had fallen in love with the oxyblue with white roof and white bonnet stripes on the website, but when looked at dealerships online, could not find any automatics anywhere! (i couldnt get a stick because my left knee and ankle got messed up pretty bad.) Then i went to the mini of Sterling, and what do you know, the test drive car was, just what i wanted. Only had 99 miles on it, and i fell in love! I went back to the dealership a week later, on Feb 14, and got my car! In a way, i feel like it has helped in the healing process, because i was very nervous to get in a car after the accident. But i feel so safe in my mini, and love every thing about it!

Sorry if this story is so long, but i just felt like i needed to share it. thanks for reading!

Happy motoring!!

Old 03-09-2008, 07:13 PM
jgooch74
2nd Gear
new here

just bought my first mini.It's a 2004 MCS grey with white stripes. I love it.Dont know how i survived without it.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Mini Bri
Neutral
Just purchased my first MINI, my first foreign car too and I love it!!! Her name is Pickle and she is a 2007 MC,
sparkling silver with black bonnet stripes and everything but a nav system and PDC. She is super zippy and makes driving so much fun

Old 03-11-2008, 06:36 AM
shortbusgeek
Neutral
Hey all! We just purchased our first Mini on Saturday (March 8th) and absolutely love it! Previously the wife had an 06 Volvo S40 (turbo & AWD - lots of fun, but kept breaking down). Her car before that was her first car - a 96 Probe GT. She's had it since new as well, though it's sitting in her parent's barn until we make room for it at our house. We both used to be very active in the Ford Probe community, though we never quite got active in the Volvo communities or the 4Runner communities (what I drive now). We'll have to see how much our time allows us to be active here.

Anyhow, the new kid is an 08 MCSC with the Sidewalk and JCW packages:

PS - we're going to see if we can work our way up to the MOTD meet.. being in Atlanta, that's not too terribly far away.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM