1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:01 PM
irianon
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello, my name is kim and I've wasted the last two weeks' mornings before work staring at this forum and MINIs (I've been late at least three times due to it, and this morning looks to be heading that way too XP) and decided it was time to say Hi (:

I do not yet own a MINI but will be getting one soon (quarter-life crisis what?) I'm still trying to decide on a bunch of different factors, whether to go with oxygen blue or nightfire red, if the bluetooth USB/iPod adapter is worth it for me, sport seats??... so it'll probably be a while before I'm official, but hello anyway :D

Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM
jonathanrobertbolton
Neutral
Originally Posted by MPSarge
Where at in the Springs?
Norwood area - Cottonwood Park.

You?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:20 PM
noraa
2nd Gear
oxygen blue, or night fire red. it doesn't matter because the mini looks stunning with both colors!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:39 AM
irianon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by noraa
oxygen blue, or night fire red. it doesn't matter because the mini looks stunning with both colors!!!!

no joke! it just makes my choice harder, I'm so indecisive! XD

Old 04-08-2008, 01:16 PM
noraa
2nd Gear
well for me, i went with the chili red with black roof because i dont see many around

put some nice wheels and it will look AWESOME

also, its better see the car in real life, i saw the chili red with black and black bonnet stripes with sports wheels at the dealer, and i fell in love with it. It was the older models though

Old 04-08-2008, 02:10 PM
MPSarge
Neutral
Originally Posted by jonathanrobertbolton
Norwood area - Cottonwood Park.

You?
Is that near Austin Bluffs/Rangewood? IF it is, I'm about 8 miles away, in Falcon, about a mile from the Safeway. Congrats on the Mini!

Old 04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
anderezd
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BR Mini

Hello all, just wanted to say hi to the NAM communitiy. Just picked up my first MINI yesterday. Its a Chili Red, Black roof, black bonnet strips Cooper. Not an S, but that can be a future upgrade right? Thanks for everyone on the forum for their amazing insight on what to look for in these cars. No doubt in my mind that I picked a sweet ride for my first 'adult' purchase. If anyone is around the Baton Rouge area, look me up!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by anderezd
If anyone is around the Baton Rouge area, look me up!
Welcome to the area. We need more Southerners to kick the truck habit and to pick a good habit like a MINI. "I don't really need a truck, but every real guy should have one." Was what my friend told me, that was until he got behind the wheel of my MINI.

Now he is trying to convince his wife that he wants to sell his new truck and buy a MINI. He can always add the tow package and trailer if he just needs to haul some more garbage to his house.

Happy Motorin'.

IF your not dirftin', your not trying hard enough!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:14 AM
jvandewark
1st Gear
I've been posting and yet not getting out of neutral. Hoping this does the trick.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Miniturtlede
1st Gear
[quote=Madison MS MINI;2150415]Welcome to the area. We need more Southerners to kick the truck habit and to pick a good habit like a MINI. "I don't really need a truck, but every real guy should have one." Was what my friend told me, that was until he got behind the wheel of my MINI.

Now he is trying to convince his wife that he wants to sell his new truck and buy a MINI. He can always add the tow package and trailer if he just needs to haul some more garbage to his house.

I guess I have the best of both worlds. My partner has a huge Tundra Truck she says we need for hauling things and camping but since I have been laid off, she is driving my MINI to work ...can you say gas mileage?

Now she is in MINI love too. She said the other day that "Allie" must like her better since the gas mileage indicator jumped about 5 mpg.
On weekends we would drive the MINI around town and I always drove. Now she says it is her turn more often than not.
I look on my MINI as more of an addiction not just a habit...and one I will never kick.
Congrats to all the new MINI owners.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
hey there

So after placing an order for the mini, I’m totally seeing them EVERYWHERE... its taunting me. Even some guy who is campaigning to be elected as a judge, his last name is COOPER and his posters are everywhere. No rest... Meanwhile, I was at a parking lot waiting for my friends, and there was the mini I ordered only in a different color... so I walk up to it and check it out closely without touching... Im sure it looked very creepy. Sure enough the lucky owner of the car came back, and I panicked. I gave a weird smile and ran away. Doh!

Anyway, hello. my baby is in production... STILL... at least OL is back up and running this morning.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by helloimpaul
so I walk up to it and check it out closely without touching... Im sure it looked very creepy. Sure enough the lucky owner of the car came back, and I panicked. I gave a weird smile and ran away. Doh!

Don't Never Ever be afraid to look and ask other owners about their MINI (note the spelling all caps) WE love to talk and show off our cars!

A couple spotted me getting out of my MINI S Cabrio last night at BestB** (No Name Brands, I wouldn't want to be fined ) "HEY! Is that one of those MINI Cooper's? I didn't know they made a convertible!"

I unlocked it (Top was down, but alarm was on) and told them to get in and look around. She got in driver, He got in passenger (?) looked while I talked about mpg, supercharger, Cabrio, etc.

All in all, I think I sold another one!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:02 PM
helloimpaul
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Madison MS MINI
Don't Never Ever be afraid to look and ask other owners about their MINI (note the spelling all caps) WE love to talk and show off our cars!

A couple spotted me getting out of my MINI S Cabrio last night at BestB** (No Name Brands, I wouldn't want to be fined ) "HEY! Is that one of those MINI Cooper's? I didn't know they made a convertible!"

I unlocked it (Top was down, but alarm was on) and told them to get in and look around. She got in driver, He got in passenger (?) looked while I talked about mpg, supercharger, Cabrio, etc.

All in all, I think I sold another one!
Oh nice thanks! I guess if the tables were turned I would be more than happy to show off my MINI.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
DefyGravityDaily
1st Gear
I'm gearing up to make my order, so I thought I'd sign up asap:

Clubman HC w/ silver, HC leather/cloth interior, factory bonnet stripes, sport suspension & seats, sport wheel, sunroof...

Already this forum has been helpful - was trying to decide on the interior/color line etc... can't wait for more!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:03 AM
buzzin
1st Gear
first message

OK.. I'm currently stationed in Afghanistan, US ARMY. HOOAH Just ordered new cooper S, pepper white, prem,sport and conv packages. Expect delievery to US in Aug. Just soaking up all the info. What do i need to know when i pick her up at the Brunswick,GA port terminal?

Old 04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
sfomini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by helloimpaul
So after placing an order for the mini, I’m totally seeing them EVERYWHERE... its taunting me. Even some guy who is campaigning to be elected as a judge, his last name is COOPER and his posters are everywhere. No rest... Meanwhile, I was at a parking lot waiting for my friends, and there was the mini I ordered only in a different color... so I walk up to it and check it out closely without touching... Im sure it looked very creepy. Sure enough the lucky owner of the car came back, and I panicked. I gave a weird smile and ran away. Doh!

Anyway, hello. my baby is in production... STILL... at least OL is back up and running this morning.
Great message - you precisely captured my experience! I ordered my MCS (Lightning Blue) last Sunday and I am now seeing them everywhere.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Denyer
Neutral
Hi everyone im from the uk i own a 2004 hyper blue cooper s

Last edited by Denyer; 04-16-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by buzzin
OK.. I'm currently stationed in Afghanistan, US ARMY
First and Most Important! Thank You for helping guard our country and serving in our Military!

Second, for putting up with Afg. you should get your MINI free for services rendered! Yea, Right. Our government rewarding someone?

Third! Congrats on the MINI!

What do i need to know when i pick her up at the Brunswick,GA port terminal?
Finally, Drive her like you stole her!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Varga Girl
1st Gear
Hi All!

I signed up for North American Motoring last night on a bet. The other person had to sign up for another networking site that I was on, and so when he did that, I signed up for this! I'm quite excited! I've been in a MINI family for quite some time, well, since 2004, and I got my MINI about 6 months ago. It's a hand-me-down, from when my Mom got an '07 MCS and so now I've got her '04 MCS, Chili Red! I love it, and it's definitely an up grade from my previous car. The only thing I miss is buying reg. unleaded. The premium is killing my college student's budget. The addiction to driving doesn't help either!

I'm glad to join the rest of the mini fanatics!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:12 PM
sfomini
3rd Gear
Testing Sig

I just wanted to test to see if my sig appears. I thought after creating it that it might appear in my previous posts but it wasn't in the post I just looked at, which makes me wonder if it is correct.

And if you are reading this, I'm curious how one moves from "Neutral" to "1st Gear" and so on through the various rankings. I looked for this but couldn't find it in any existing posts. Thanks!

Tony

Old 04-15-2008, 08:24 PM
buzzin
1st Gear
Thanks for the hello. Glad and Proud to serve our great nation. How lucky we are to be able to order Mini 's and drive on paved roads. Here in
Afg. i try to avoid the roads. The vehicles here are really "customized".
looking forward to coming home and driving like i just stole her.
This site is great for the imagination.
I ordered my Mini without telling my wife. But i think she's getting tired of driving the F350 crew cab (need i mention horse trailer).

Old 04-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Varga Girl
The only thing I miss is buying reg. unleaded. The premium is killing my college student's budget.

Try It. Although performance will probably be noticeable different, for one month try reg. unleaded! Your mpg will decrease to the point that buying Prem. will seem to be cheaper. There are several posting on the subject in the Forums. Having 2 college girls and one teenage boy myself and making them pay for their own gas, I understand the dilemma.

I did the study for a month, kept the records, and at approx. $.20 more per gallon (about $2.00 - 2.50 per tank) give up one of those college snacks a week and you've got it licked! Premium for my Premium Baby.

sfomini - 11 posts = 1st gear, haven't found 2nd yet.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Wife will want one too

I ordered my Mini without telling my wife. But i think she's getting tired of driving the F350 crew cab (need i mention horse trailer).
Well you better go ahead and get ready to order another one or never get to drive the one YOU ordered.

For years I talked about MINIs and my wife (of 28 years) told me whatever you want is fine. Let me explain. In 28 years, 3 kids, 2 houses, vacations, etc. I've purchased 14 motorcycle/cars/trucks for wife and kids and driven basically the hand me down car from her. (believe it or not the motorcycle was for her)

When "Winnie" was purchased my wife fell in love for the second time. She still likes her Yukon XL but "Winnie" has her heart. We take her everywhere, people stare, ask us to stop so they can take a closer look, walk around her "topless" like they want to buy her.

My wife is already talking about a second MINI in our garage.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
coopergti
1st Gear
Hello there! I am a new member from Greece and I own a R53 '04 Mini Cooper S. I have found your forum very interesting and helpful indeed and I am glad to join.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:59 AM
jlloyd
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by coopergti
Hello there! I am a new member from Greece and I own a R53 '04 Mini Cooper S. I have found your forum very interesting and helpful indeed and I am glad to join.
We're all glad you joined!! Also being an owner of a 2004 R53 Mini Cooper S...a/k/a a "`04 MCS", I can tell you, I've found too many good pieces of advice on this site to count! I think you will all find that this site has some great info, great people. a few bad apples that like to stir things up (all in good fun), and GREAT ideas you might use for your own MINI. And it's free!!

Anyway, Newbies, have fun and jump in on a forum when you have a question or comment and DO NOT be afraid to ask stupid questions. Remember; there'e no such thing as a stupid question...only stupid people...who think the MINI is 'just too cute' to drive. Generally that's when they get their a$@ handed to them by the 'Cutest' little gas sipping Hot Rod on the street!! ya' hurm?

Motor On.
Peace, Love and Understanding. And MINI.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM