1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Crackers0002
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in the States again... been gone for over a year...wow time flies. My poor Mini has sat idle for a long time...I had put a trickle charge on it and it fired up first time. Still drives like new.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:14 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Thanks from a Newbie!

Hi everyone! This is my first post and my hubby and I are excited to be first time Mini owners. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to advise us "newbies" on everything from ordering to picking options. We can't wait to share our adventures ...

Old 05-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Gallery

Originally Posted by chowdah
. . . my hubby and I are excited to be first time Mini owners. . . . "newbies" . . . We can't wait to share our adventures ...
Get out the camera and post those pics of the new baby. Congrats!
What is her/his name and what's on the tag?

Old 05-28-2008, 03:07 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
I'm obsessing over a name right now ... It's a "He" Mini and I haven't decided what should be on the tag. Thanks and I'll post pics when he comes in!

Old 05-29-2008, 07:29 AM
id-inspired
1st Gear
Hello All!

Thought I'd start here by adding to the previous 47 pages of this post.

I've been lurking for awhile, and just bought a 05 BRG/BLK MCS last week so I thought I'd post.

So far I'm loving it and I'm interested in joining the community.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Blessing/Curse

Originally Posted by id-inspired
Thought I'd start here by adding to the previous 47 pages of this post.
I've been lurking for awhile, and just bought a 05 BRG/BLK MCS last week so I thought I'd post.
So far I'm loving it and I'm interested in joining the community.
Well so far you've done the best thing, getting the MINI. This site is a multitude of blessings and curses. Answers all of your questions and shows you your short comings. Let's see, Let's see, what mod is next?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:22 AM
id-inspired
1st Gear
The previous owner helped out with most of the mods I would have planned on.

15% Alta Pulley, Alta Cold-Air Intake, Greg Thorley Exhaust, Chrome package, Boost gauge and oil/battery gauges.

I'll wait a little bit before I start modding anymore I think.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:35 PM
mini&m3
1st Gear
Good to have you. I've only been on for a week or so and have already learned a ton. Have Fun!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Calicoskies
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello! This forum is fabulous, so much info, I can read for hours. After wishing and hoping and building MINIs online for over 5yrs...yesterday my dh and I ordered one!

We drove 110miles to the nearest MINI dealership. First time ever sitting in one, let alone driving one. We asked the MA her thoughts on a Clubman vs Clubman S. She downplayed the S. Me thinks this was intentional so the S would have more WOW. The WOW was like 10fold! The Non S was very fun, but the S was so much more responsive. I'll have to relearn how to drive after 15 yrs of minivan driving! I was so bad at accelerating/braking/steering that I felt like I was in Mario Kart.

We ordered a Clubman S, SS with black roof, black sport stripes, blk/gray leatherette with English oak and Anthracite interior, auto tran, sport steering wheel, Xenon lights, 17"web spokes, chrome whereever we could put it, Premium pkg, sport pkg, cold weather pkg, and some other exciting details. Don't take delivery till Sept...its going to be a long hot summer.

Last edited by Calicoskies; 06-01-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 AM
zimlay
Neutral
Hello fellow MINI MANIACS This is my first post. I picked up my 08 CR/W MCS. with PREM ,CONV,CW pkg, blk sport stripes, limited slip differential. about 3 weeks ago and lovin every minute of it!!!!! Also like to say thanks for the the great site.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Mirrim
Wrench Wench
Just thought I'd say hello to everyone here. Soon to be new Mini Cooper owner (in production) in Colorado. It's an Oxygen Blue with black roof and mirrors, Cold Weather and Premium packages, sport seats with Carbon Black Checkered Cloth, automatic transmission (bad knees) and DSC. Trading the 2001 BMW 330i (sedan) now that the kid is no longer at home and I am EXCITED!

Have always loved cars in general and British cars in particular. Owned a 1969 AH Sprite for a while and even worked on it some myself. Now that I'm older, don't relish ruining the manicure or getting down on the ground. But not too many women can teach their daughter both makeup and basic car troubleshooting! heheh

Great site here and I've already paid my membership to NAM. Learning lots and looking forward to getting to know folks.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Riffster
4th Gear
Welcome!! Here in colorado also!! Not a mini owner yet though, but im almost there!!! Congrats on ur LB mini though!! Post pics when you go and pick it up!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Fiji.Chan
1st Gear

Old 06-04-2008, 01:52 PM
ecoMINI
Neutral
Hopefully here to stay!

Hello NAM.com,

I found my way over here a few weeks ago via a link in a thread in the MINI forums on Bimmerforums.com.

Currently, I’m in the researching stage of hopefully purchasing a R53. The reason I'm considering a MCS is that I have a 46 mile commute to work, which can total up to 100+ miles round trip by the end of the day if I don't pack a lunch.

My wife thinks the MINI isn't practical due to the fact that there isn't any room in the MINI just by speculation. I'm standing at 6'0", so what king of legroom is there for the sucker who has to sit directly behind me? She also believes the trunk space is limited as well, which I will admit, I have to agree with her on this. I could probably answer these questions myself by test-driving one, but my time is some what limited. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Ditto S

Originally Posted by Calicoskies
The WOW was like 10fold! . . . . I was so bad at accelerating/braking/steering that I felt like I was in Mario Kart.
Now try drifting that baby around a couple of corners after you break her in.
Welcome!

Old 06-04-2008, 06:50 PM
clubWOman
Neutral
Originally Posted by ecoMINI
Hello NAM.com,

I found my way over here a few weeks ago via a link in a thread in the MINI forums on Bimmerforums.com.

Currently, I’m in the researching stage of hopefully purchasing a R53. The reason I'm considering a MCS is that I have a 46 mile commute to work, which can total up to 100+ miles round trip by the end of the day if I don't pack a lunch.

My wife thinks the MINI isn't practical due to the fact that there isn't any room in the MINI just by speculation. I'm standing at 6'0", so what king of legroom is there for the sucker who has to sit directly behind me? She also believes the trunk space is limited as well, which I will admit, I have to agree with her on this. I could probably answer these questions myself by test-driving one, but my time is some what limited. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Being a family of 4 with my husband standing 5'11" we were always hesitant about MINIs. We love them to death but figured they were too small for us. THEN, the Clubman came! We snatched one up as soon as one was available! I highly recommend a Clubman! They have plenty of back-seat room with lots of cargo space.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
ecoMINI
Neutral
Originally Posted by clubWOman
Being a family of 4 with my husband standing 5'11" we were always hesitant about MINIs. We love them to death but figured they were too small for us. THEN, the Clubman came! We snatched one up as soon as one was available! I highly recommend a Clubman! They have plenty of back-seat room with lots of cargo space.
A friend mentioned the Clubman as well, unfortunately it's out of my price range. Or I should specify that the MINI Cooper S Clubman is out of my price range, plus I don't like to buy new due to the depreciation issue.

We don't have any children "yet", so maybe I can swing a MCS until we do have children and their legs start to grow longer.

I'll be around...

Old 06-04-2008, 09:20 PM
nobatteries
Neutral
Hello to all...just registered! Just wanted to pop in and make my first post to say "hello" to everyone.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:33 AM
danileo
Neutral
Hi, all,
I own the other half of the MINI Cooper that Mirrim described. We've named her Wee Car, and are hoping our vanity plate says that too. Colorado doesn't have a searchable database, so we gotta do it the old fashioned way-send in the app with choices, and wait for a reply....anyhoo, we've got our camera at the ready for when the Little One arrives. More later!
Danielle in Denver

Old 06-05-2008, 01:14 PM
loaf667
1st Gear
Room

Originally Posted by ecoMINI
A friend mentioned the Clubman as well, unfortunately it's out of my price range. Or I should specify that the MINI Cooper S Clubman is out of my price range, plus I don't like to buy new due to the depreciation issue.

We don't have any children "yet", so maybe I can swing a MCS until we do have children and their legs start to grow longer.

I'll be around...
I just bought (on Saturday) a used 2005 MCS - I'm 6'4" and have a 2 year old. I can tell you from the standpoint of having room for yourself, that is NOT an issue - I can't even comfortably put the seat all the way back as I can't then reach the pedals well. It's very roomy up front. And the car seat fits great on the passenger side - as long as the seat is up about halfway, my daughter can't kick the back of the seat. For storage, the trunk space is small (although you can fit 5 grocery bags in back easily) - but the back seats fold forward, and they split, so I have been able to have the car seat in and put one seat down to fit a bunch of stuff. Realistically, though, no one can fit comfortably behind a tall driver - either you're squished or they are. I think if you're a couple of years away from having kids, you would have several years of happiness with your car before the space really became an issue

Old 06-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Shamrock
1st Gear
What's up. I'm new to this Foum and here to learn about my MINI ( I have a '02MCS) and figure out what MODS I need and how to do them.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Ed.A
3rd Gear
R56

Last edited by Ed.A; 06-06-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Ed.A
3rd Gear
R56

Welp, I've already posted twice before I found this thread...DoH!

My Wife was looking to replace the "99" 4-Runner, I mentioned MINI, she went .....NO.

I said lets take a look and a test drive. We bought a PW/S that day and drove it home... YES!

Our son, a proud owner of a "95" E34 530i , drove it one day and the following weekend was the proud owner of a New Silver MCS.

Motor on......

Old 06-07-2008, 08:00 AM
P200E
2nd Gear
hey all, thought I would post here to atleast let eveyone know what Im about and such.

I didnt use to be a MINI guy. I have always been a SAAB Turbo, and Vintage Vespa guy. My username, P200E, is one of the models of Vespa I own (a 79) and is my daily ride on my 20 mile each way commute to work. In total I have 5 scooters with one being the project "Il Diavolo" which should be able to do 85mph (on 10" wheels ) when I get it running. My SAAB is a 2001 9-5 Aero with not a whole lot of mods, but is running 20psi of boost and can put to shame those punks in their hopped up Civic Si...

I got into MINIs by chance. My brother was always a MINI fanatic. He amassed a collection of vintage Minis, an 03 MCS that he did ALOT of work on, and a basement full of cool bits that he collected over the years. He was the Lead MINI tech at Baron BMW in Kansas City for nearly 5 years (they hired him on the spot when he showed up to his interview in a fully restored 62 Mini) He passed away a few months back (unexpectedly) and left me his collection, which I am very proud to have.

So, here I am. I am a SAAB convert to the MINI world. While the MINI doesnt have the stump pulling low end torque of a SAAB Turbo, it sure has alot more driving dynamics. That, and the fact that I dont have enough space to store all 8 of my vehicles has forced me to sell the SAAB I also will at some point in the future have to sell off a couple of the Vintage Minis (NOT the fully restored 62!).

Old 06-07-2008, 08:55 PM
GPCOOPR
1st Gear
Thought I would stop by and say hi.

I have had my MINI for over a year and a half now and I still smile every time I see her.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM