1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:26 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crews
New to the site and the Mini community. I just got mine one week ago today. It's a 2005, 19,000 miles, yellow (white bonnet strips), convertible S, 6 speed. It is a ton of fun to drive. My son is 4 and loves it. He thinks his Mom is pretty cool (I know it won't last long).
Congrats! Your son will be a Mini enthusiast in no time!

Old 06-24-2008, 04:29 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by programmer100
Hey everyone!! It is my first time here and have been a MINI owner for about 4 weeks. I have a MINI Cooper S JCW 2008! It is such an awesome MINI. I have it all Astro Black with a blue trim inside.
Nice! I'm waiting for my '09 JCW ... It will be a LONG month until I can take delivery. Have fun!

Old 06-24-2008, 09:36 PM
NjMCS
1st Gear
I'm taking off work half-day tomorrow and picking up my new dark grey, MCS from Princeton MINI in NJ. I'll be posting a bunch of pics, that is if i ever stop driving!

It's going to be the longest night ever!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 06:17 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats, and we'd love to see pics! I think it's so funny when somebody goes to pick up their first (or second, or fifth, or eleventh) MINI, and they try to act all cool and "adult" about it. HAA!!! All you REALLY want to do is screech and giggle and jump around like the nutcase you really are...so do it! Just make sure the videos don't go on Youtube for blackmail...

Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 AM
crews
Neutral
Any idea where I can get the towing package (that just sounds funny for a Mini) for the S for under $325. I've only found one place the has it, and $325 just seems high for something so small. I bike, so I've got to have it.

As far as pics go, I put the ones I have in a "gallery" under my profile thingy.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:34 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
It DOES sound funny for a MINI, but it's kinda practical in a small-amount-of-weight-way (1,400lbs). I'm not sure if there's a difference between the bike-rack mount for the MINI and the actual towing pkg, so...anybody?

Try this link: (the pic looks like your MINI, crews!) http://www.minidomore.com/mini_coope...ke_carrier.php

I found some interesting threads about towing with the MINI:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ow#post2310223

This guy (see thread link) makes trailers for MINI (but towing MINI, not MINI doing the towing.) Very friendly, and he might have something as a last ditch effort...
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=140011

Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM
crews
Neutral
Thanks for the info. The link - on the first link you gave me - has what I need...and it looks exactly like my car. However, my bike that I'll be hauling is much more petite than those monsterous looking mountian bikes

Originally Posted by x uh oh x
It DOES sound funny for a MINI, but it's kinda practical in a small-amount-of-weight-way (1,400lbs). I'm not sure if there's a difference between the bike-rack mount for the MINI and the actual towing pkg, so...anybody?

Try this link: (the pic looks like your MINI, crews!) http://www.minidomore.com/mini_coope...ke_carrier.php

I found some interesting threads about towing with the MINI:
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ow#post2310223

This guy (see thread link) makes trailers for MINI (but towing MINI, not MINI doing the towing.) Very friendly, and he might have something as a last ditch effort...
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=140011

Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
You're welcome - your post caught my eye because just this morning I was wondering how I could go antique shopping at remote locations with the MINI (and enjoy the drive, of course), but still have cargo - instead of always taking my 4x4 truck. Towing of course!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Chunkstyle
Neutral
Hey everyone, new Mini owner here, bought a Astro Black Cooper right off the lot an hour after my first test drive last Saturday, and couldn't be happier. I've already learned quite a bit from these forums, so thanks!

Old 06-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Andrillox
Neutral
HI people!!! New to NAM and new to the motoring world! Love my mini, love NAM as I ha learned a lot from it. This is great!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Liz in Virginia
Neutral
New mini

Originally Posted by Minimana
Just picked up my new Mini on Friday. <snip> Already put 400 miles on it. Going to be a challenge to not put too many miles on it this year!
Jason
I know what you mean! When I picked up my Mini, I added him to the insurance ... oh, about 500 miles a year. NOT. I've already upped that to 5,000 and might have to reconsider that, since I've put over 1,000 miles on it already (in 2 months).

Enjoy!
Liz

Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Coop Jon
Neutral
WOW there are a lot of people on this forum!! i am used to my gaming forums where we have about 45 members and i admin most the forums myself.. haha

New MINI owner..2008 Lightning Blue Cooper S.. i love this car..its is a blast to drive..to prove that point I accidentally got my first ticket with it after having it for one week!! OOPS!!

I have been reading a lot in the forums
and i liking it a ton!! talk to you later...

Thanks

JON

Last edited by Coop Jon; 06-26-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Coop Jon
WOW there are a lot of people on this forum!!
There are lots of smaller, more specialized MINI forums but, imo, NAM is the closest thing we have to a national MINI club....and a slightly dysfunctional one at that!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 PM
krim
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Coop Jon
WOW there are a lot of people on this forum!! i am used to my gaming forums where we have about 45 members and i admin most the forums myself.. haha

New MINI owner..2008 Lightning Blue Cooper S.. i love this car..its is a blast to drive..to prove that point I accidentally got my first ticket with it after having it for one week!! OOPS!!

I have been reading a lot in the forums
and i liking it a ton!! talk to you later...

Thanks

JON

Welcome!

I wish the other two forums i mod were as easy going as this one is. or maybe it's just well moderated and i don't notice

Old 06-26-2008, 07:12 AM
schmoopy
2nd Gear
Just ordered my Mini Cooper S....this site is amazing!!

Hello everyone from NYC (Queens, New York City)!
Ordered my new Lightning Blue, Black roof/mirrors on tuesday 6/24/08 at Hassel Mini in Freeport, Long Island. Here is the current configuration as ordered but might be adjusting it a little bit before it's too late:

Mini Cooper S Lightning Blue/Black/Black
Auto Trans
Auto A/C
Moonroof
Hi-Fi Audio System
Piano Black Trim interior
S- Winders 16"Wheels
Multi-Function Sport Wheel
Bi-Xenon Headlights

Right now I am still on the fence about wether to go with the color I have ordered or go with the Dark Grey w/black roof/mirrors; these are the two I really like. Another option I am used to coming from an Acura CL is the nice leather seats .... I am wondering about the Lounge Leather or the combo leather seats (are they worth the $2,000 ???)

Please someone tell me that deliveries to the east coast are quick !! Since I just sold my current car I am going to have to be using my bicycle more than usual for a while

Old 06-26-2008, 09:51 AM
frankofthenorth
1st Gear
A Mini of Hope....

Hello fellow Mini people! I don't have a Mini yet, but I plan to get my hands on one shortly... Until then I am going to really enjoy learning about your experiences!

A Mini always brings a smile to my face, and I think I need to have a smile like that just about every day. You could say, Mini's give a person hope, for a better tomorrow... especially if tomorrow a person may drive one!

I hope my tomorrow comes soon!

frank

by the way I'm not usually this cagey, but I don't want to tip my hand about the 02 BRG with white mirror caps and white top and white rims, lovingly driven to about 130K miles and about to be driven all the way up the PCH and through the Al-Can, to a little place called Alaska...

Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 AM
RS_man
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by frankofthenorth
Hello fellow Mini people! I don't have a Mini yet, but I plan to get my hands on one shortly... Until then I am going to really enjoy learning about your experiences!

A Mini always brings a smile to my face, and I think I need to have a smile like that just about every day. You could say, Mini's give a person hope, for a better tomorrow... especially if tomorrow a person may drive one!

I hope my tomorrow comes soon!

frank
Wilkommen!

This is the best, IMO, car enthusiast site ever. I too am waiting on my mini and enjoy this site and the people.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 AM
weto
Neutral
My new mini is just passin through the panama canal today aboard the Asian Chorus. Can't wait to pick it up. This is a great site and is going to cost me a lot of extra money due to all the cool mods I've seen installed.

Cheers

-weto

Old 06-26-2008, 11:06 AM
ZoeAC
Neutral
Hello everyone: Although I know about Minis at this point, I have never opened an account here. My husband has a very nice MCS 2005 Black JCW and I am about to build a new one for us. Should be fun, hopefully some of the questions I might have can be addressed through this forum.
Good day everyone,
Z

Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by schmoopy
Hello everyone from NYC (Queens, New York City)!
Ordered my new Lightning Blue, Black roof/mirrors on tuesday 6/24/08 at Hassel Mini in Freeport, Long Island.
Congrats and nice build! I obsessed over color as well ... changed it a few times and settled with the Sparkling Silver when I saw it in person. Then, I had the leather/cloth combo, but went with the Redwood Red lounge leather. Read the posts about leather care and the infamous "butt print" that people don't like. Maybe that can help you decide! If you want to make a change, then tell your MA and he/she can give you the last possible date to make changes.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by weto
My new mini is just passin through the panama canal today aboard the Asian Chorus. Can't wait to pick it up. This is a great site and is going to cost me a lot of extra money due to all the cool mods I've seen installed.
Congrats and here comes your baby! This site will cost you a lot of time too-I get lost in all the great tips and conversation! Happy Motoring!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:41 AM
vfrillici
Neutral
Have not felt like this since Christmas when I was 7 years old

This is my first post as a new (18 hour old) member.

I ordered my soon to be 2008 Clubman John Cooper Works yesterday. I cannot be more excited.

Ordered a minalimistic styled version in BRG, black cloth/piano with Premium and Cold packages. Week 31

I test drove the MCC S and literally laughed out loud with glee the entire ride. I cannot imagine what the JCW will be like.

After spending 3 hours on the NAM site last night reading many posts, I am only more exicted.

Looking forward to joining the conversation and reporting in when "The Green Monster" hits U.S. soil.

vfrillici

Last edited by vfrillici; 06-28-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:19 PM
dmarley1
1st Gear
My first post as well. I've been reading these forum's for a few months now. I have a DS/B 08 MCS. I live in the Ozarks in North West Arkansas, and it's great to have a car that can handle and really whip it through some corners.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:08 PM
ragtoptuna
Neutral
LUV MY MINI...SOOOOO MUCH...it's scary

Hope I'm posting this right. Got my MINI 1 1/2 weeks ago and I can't stay out of it! After taking her for a good spin, I sit in her in my garage and tell her how much in love with her I am.
Am I crazy? I have never felt this for a car before...do I need therapy?
Would love to hear from other MINI owners in the Pacific Northwest (or Olympic Peninsula).

05'MCSc/Dk. Sil. Blk hood str/Blk. lthr/Fog/Sport Prem. pkg/winter pkg/cruise/HK prem. stereo CD/DSC/ST tran./205R17 and VERRRYYY sexy!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:09 PM
ragtoptuna
Neutral
Congrats! Hope you fall in love like I did. This car has it ALL...looks, performance and a gigantic load of fun comes standard.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM