1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 06:27 AM
jeglover
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saying "hi!"

Hi,

I'm new to the MINI community. I just ordered an 06 BRG/B MCS and can't wait for it to arrive! They say it'll arrive sometime in December. This weekend, the online tracking system gave it a VIN and has it "scheduled for production", so it's finally moving forward (yay!! )

Oh the anticipation!!

John

Old 11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
David S
Neutral
David S here, new to NAM. I have a '68 Mini that needs some work. Any good references in the OH, KY or WV region? I have brother in Atlanta and can go that far if needed. Thanks for any input.

David S

Old 11-08-2005, 03:34 PM
RipKurl
2nd Gear
Hey

Hey folks! i'm also new to NAM. i just ordered an 06 mcs and can't wait for it to come in..

thanx,

danny

Old 11-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Born2Slow
3rd Gear
Hello all!

I understand that there are quite a few posts...if not entire conversations that involve myself... (OmToast's b/f :smile: )

So I figured it was high time to join the mini forum so that I could "defend" myself if necessary! (not to mention OmToast decided to join my own forum... )

Anyways...just saying hi!

Old 11-08-2005, 05:43 PM
batmannie
Neutral
hi my name is manny. planning on getting an older mini. at the moment i have an 2001.5 audi s4. nice to meet everybody

Old 11-08-2005, 07:54 PM
PurplePeopleEater
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Born2Slow
Hello all!

I understand that there are quite a few posts...if not entire conversations that involve myself... (OmToast's b/f :smile: )

So I figured it was high time to join the mini forum so that I could "defend" myself if necessary! (not to mention OmToast decided to join my own forum... )

Anyways...just saying hi!
Hi. I am Yucca's wife. I joined much much after him (very recently).
:smile:

Old 11-09-2005, 05:31 AM
BLIZZ
4th Gear
New-b

Hi just wanted to say hello to everyone. Purchased an 04 MCS a couple of months ago. Have had a blast on the twisties and participated in 2 autocrosses already. Am planning on several mods for next years autocross season, so will try to learn as much as possible on this sight before actually doing mods. Bye for now.:smile:

Old 11-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Oranji
Neutral
Hi All,

I am new to the fourm. I have a 04 IB/W MCS. Glad to meet other Mini owners.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:49 PM
coobah
2nd Gear
Hello All,

I just purchased an 02 Electric Blue MCS. It is totally tricked out with many goodies including, painted aero kit, H&R coilovers, Supersprint Exhaust, and other personal touches I have added in the month I have owned it.

I look forward to chatting with many of you in the months to come.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:21 AM
BMWNA
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by StevenV2
Sorry, just could not resist the urge to paraphase those AM radio call-in folks.

Well, my last Mini was a 1965 1275S that I sold in 1980, and as of November 1 I find myself , 25 years later owning another MINI (all capital letters this time .

Picked up the car in Littleton, CO and made the 610 mile drive home in just over 8 hours and having a great time while doing it. Just one problem during this drive.

At about the 500 mile mark, I started hearing a noise which was only audible above 55-60 MPH with my driver's window open. I felt no vibration or unusal play in the steering wheel, the brakes when applied did not alter or stop this noise. I looked at my gauges (all WNL), and even checked to see if my seatbelt was vibrating from any wind blowing in from my window (nope). Occasionally this noise would disappear alltogether, but at no time did it occur at speeds under 50 MPH or while idling. The impression I was getting, was as if I had some undercarriage plastic piece loose and then vibrating when my speed was fast enough to make it audible.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Other than this noise, an uneventful shakedown trip :smile:
I'm with MINI USA. I am sorry to read about your problem with your MINI. If you want our assistance, please phone us at (866) ASK MINI or email us at MINI.Assistance@askMINIUSA.COM and mention Reference #200532000791 so that we can help you more effieicently.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:16 PM
cooperhead
Neutral
First post - frequent browser. Just received confirmation of order

scheduled for production of 06 ds/ds mcs w/jcw

Old 11-20-2005, 04:38 PM
mondsiu
1st Gear
Hello all, i am new to this forum.
waiting for my mc to arrive, the waiting is making me crazy!

Old 11-20-2005, 06:01 PM
drpeppernick
Neutral
Hey Everyone

I heard about this site for awhile now and i dont know why it took me so long to sign up ... I have an 04 MCS Indi Blue with Black Roof and black bonnet stripes, it has magnaflow exhaust and soon to be Cobalt cold air intake as soon as i find time to install it. Not sure if you all have heard but no more TMMZ for a lot of us its time for something new...

Motoring|Underground

Sounds Exciting!

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-img_0519.jpg  
Old 11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Squirrleyrage
Neutral
Just stopping in to say hello.

I'm not a mini owner but I've been a fan of the minis, classic and new, for awhile. I plan to get a mini in the future but right now I've got a project involving a modified mini in mind. Actually that's what brought me here. I've been searcing around to see how extreme some people have gone to see what may be possible with one of these cars. I've been playing around with the idea of a two seater mini and I've been looking for technical details to wrap my head around.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:01 PM
MC_MINI
2nd Gear
Hello :) First Post

Hi all,
New to the forum. I'm not a mini-owner yet, just a fanatic with a dream. If all goes well I will be ordering my PW/B MCS at Mini of St. Louis this spring. I'm still speccing and will be doing a lot of research here and at mini2.com, let me know if you have any advice or if you just want to talk about your babies.

Oh, and I'm going to the UK in March, so I'm psyched up to tour the Oxford plant and meet some of our Euro brothers and sisters.

peace,
MC
St. Louis, MO

Old 12-02-2005, 09:42 AM
DCCooperS
Neutral
Love my Mini!

Old 12-13-2005, 04:59 PM
jrepetto
1st Gear
hello

Hi Ya'all as we say in the South/Georgia to be exact. Wanted to introduce myself and my soon to be mini...Im jrepetto, live in Georgia, western side I am awaiting the arivial of a MC 06 PW/Blk Prem package, Anthracite Trim, leatherette/blk seats, 3spoke w/multifunction steering wheel, and a few others...It is currently on board the "Freedom" which should be docking any time today in Baltimore, and the onto Charleston S.C. by 12/16/05...Hopefully I should take delivery shortly after leaving the CVC....a couple of hours drive to Atlanta/Dealer maybe within a week or so of arriving at the CVC....that might be wishful thinking though....I can't stand all this waiting...I shouldn't complain too much, I ordered my MC on 11/12/05...anyway HI YA'All and stop chewing your nails....:impatient :impatient

Old 12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
lamonc
Neutral
New MINI owner after all these years....

Well, I guess I should break down and post something. I am tired of the reminder when I log on that tells me I have not done it yet.

I am a new MINI owner...well it is new to me. I have been lusting after these cars since they came out, but alas, I was still in college and could not afford one. I finally graduated and have a job now. There is no MINI dealership within about a hundred miles from where I live, so one does not see them that often. About 4 months ago, I saw a dark blue S with the white top and bonnet stripes on the BMW used car lot. I roared onto the lot in my old mighty '99 Mazda and the sales guy said it was already sold. I gave one of my business cards to him and asked him to call me if another hit the lot. Last month I was on an errand and passed by the lot again and there sat an '03 Chili Red S with a white top, S-lite run flats, leather, sun roof, and all the goodies. Once again, the Mazda zoomed into the lot without my having to coax it. I got a salesman to show me the car. We could not figure out how to get it into reverse for the test drive, but we overcame. He knew nothing about the car. I knew more than he did, but I have been researching since they first came out. It was the first time I have ever been in one and I was in heaven. When it was up by the office, I counted 12 people that came up to it and stuck their hands and faces up to the windows. I bought it that day and love it more each morning I open the garage.

I did see the sales guy that I gave my business card to the day I bought it. He looked at me and said, "I guess I really messed up by not calling you." Ahh, the look on his face was worth the wait.

You guys have a great site with lots of good information. I have already used it quite a bit with the vents that the foam dissolved, the XM radio and the front license plate bracket. I am sure there will be much more usefull information. Keep it coming!

Lamon in Beaumont, TX

Old 12-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Jon Thompson
Neutral
New Here

Hi, Folks -

I've had my MCS (BRG/white top/mirrors, Xenons, web wheels, no sunroof, cloth interior, gauge package, bonnet stripes) for four months/4k miles now and just could not be happier. Had a lotta cars over the years, but none of them have been this much fun.

Here's my question: What are your favorite bang-for-the-buck upgrades that won't toast the warranty?

Best - JonT

Old 12-16-2005, 08:41 PM
jazper11
2nd Gear
Tired of waiting

Hello all, Im LJ and new to NAM (I have recently become addicted to it). I have been dreamin of my MCS now for almost 3yrs and finnally i have the $$ to bring one home. I just called 866 ASK MINI and the kind computer gentleman told me my Dark Silver MCS is in production and should be finished Jan 20, 2006. I have been waiting for so long it seems like forever( and i think my girlfriend is tired of hearing about it). Good luck all and i look forward to one day motoring with ya.

LJ

Old 12-21-2005, 04:48 AM
Al Darko
Banned
Greetings..

I'm Al Darko....
I have a Dark Silver Gray MCS (2002 august build)
Bought it orphaned..and I think I'll drive it till I die..

Old 12-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Petite Panda
4th Gear
Hey all!

I'm new here too! I've loved MINI's for as long as I can remember, and now I finally own one: 2006 MCS, white w/black bonnet stripes! Woopee! I look forward to posting much more on NAM soon - there's plenty of good information here, I can clearly see from browsing the forums.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Buckley Steele
1st Gear
1st post N A M

I'm a newbie to N A M, I have an 02 minicooper s,(love all minis,all models,and production years)its Ly/w,pulley ,cold air intake,throttle body,and exhaust upgrades.Been active in MMMC for the past year and enjoy all the cars and mini enthusiasts I've met. I've turned to posting on NAM because M3 has been down about a week now and am going through minicooperwebsitewithdrawl,YIKES! Iwas told I could find out about the M3 x-mass party if I posted on THIS SITE My handle on M3 is BUCKSWORTH So untill I get aquainted to this site any known info about the michigan mini motoring club X-mass party please contact me at
Detroitsteele@twmi.rr.com;(734)634-9401 Thank you all and Happy Holidays,
GOD BLESS US E V E R Y O N E

Old 12-22-2005, 10:53 AM
mamma's mini
Neutral
new to the nam

just wanting to say hi. new to the nam but currently a member of metroplex mini

Old 12-22-2005, 02:21 PM
MiniLaxer84
Neutral
New to forum

I've been a member for a little while now, just never really got around to making a post. I have an '02 Cooper I bought new

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM