1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 PM
lasre
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I'm Chris. I've been thinking about the Mini for a while now and I've been trying to figure out the what's, when's and how's of getting "The Dream Mini." So far I've decided on the 07+ Astro Black Cooper S (I like the Turbo) with the black roof. I want the viper stripes down the center (in white), but I'm concerned that it only goes down part of the bonnet and the boot (I want it to extend down as far as it can go). I also would like it lowered an inch or so (Cross Coilovers look nice). As far a wheels go, I think the OZ Ultraleggera in Matte Graphite Silver would look the best. And finally, I also like the Hamann Aero kit the best of all the ones I've seen. I don't want much do I!

Does anyone have any insights into these mod or know a place on the Forum to get a clue? Does anyone notice any red flags? When you come right down to it, I still just a noob after all.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:03 PM
korvantage
Neutral
Hello everyone, I'm a Mini newbie and have been bitten hard by the Mini bug!! I currently own a 2006 H2 SUT(pick up version) and I am looking to get rid of it for a 2009 MCS dark silver with all the fixings!

Why you might ask? Because of the very poor build quality! I bought the vehicle new in 2006 and it's underside is covered in rust!! Garage kept and no hard off roading and it is rotting on me!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:24 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, you're making a great decision! Welcome to the MINIverse.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:41 PM
AvidMINI
Seeing CHILI RED!
NorCal MINI Enthusiast

Hi y'all! Glad I found you. I recently test-drove a MINI in Sacramento and fell in love. I'm head-over-heels for this car now! I couldn't believe how much fun it was "piloting" this little wonder through traffic. I only wish I discovered it sooner.

I'm planning on getting a car within the next 90 days and the MINI is at the very top of my short list!

One of the appealing things of this car is the tremendous online community I've discovered. I hope to have the chance to get to know you all a little better.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:06 AM
803R50
3rd Gear
Good to be back

Hello everyone! Its great to be back, i've missed my NAM group. My computer crashed back about a year ago and i lost everything and im finally getting back to my mini groups. I tried logging onto my NAM account after a year of no use and come to find out...it was gone :'( didnt think it would be but oh well im back and better than ever. Weird thing is my mµ account still existed, but oh well now i get to start all over here and have fun being in neutral again.

Last edited by 803R50; 07-14-2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Signature
Old 07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
nmwg
Neutral
I'm new. I don't have a mini but I have a sweet bicycle.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Well,...? What are you waiting for!? Keep the sweet bike, but get a REALLY SWEET MINI.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:49 PM
bk13
2nd Gear
hey

Old 07-14-2008, 07:08 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bk13
hey
..........um....Just "hey"...?

Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 PM
myminismiles
1st Gear
Hi MINI drivers!

Just got my MINI today and I have never been happier! She is a Lightning Blue 08 MC automatic with white bonnet stripes, sunroof and cold weather pack. (Sorry, still trying to figure out the MC abbreviations!)

It has been so much fun to drive. After about 4 hours of driving I finally let my bf behind the wheel and was shocked to hear his response after about 5 minutes, "WOW... This really IS fun to drive!" LOVE IT! If you see me in Cleveland, I hope to see you wave back!

Old 07-15-2008, 05:17 AM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by myminismiles
Hi MINI drivers!

Just got my MINI today and I have never been happier! She is a Lightning Blue 08 MC automatic with white bonnet stripes, sunroof and cold weather pack. (Sorry, still trying to figure out the MC abbreviations!)

It has been so much fun to drive. After about 4 hours of driving I finally let my bf behind the wheel and was shocked to hear his response after about 5 minutes, "WOW... This really IS fun to drive!" LOVE IT! If you see me in Cleveland, I hope to see you wave back!
That's a great username! Welcome to the MINIverse.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:35 PM
hangmanjt
1st Gear
Hey everyone I have a 05 Chili Red Convertible. I've always had trucks and now with this car its the most amazing thing on four wheels.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:47 PM
kingyak
Neutral
Finally...

I figured out how to get out of Neutral.

I've had my '08 Pepper White MC for six weeks and joined the forum not long after picking it up from the dealer. It was the last 6-speed out of the local dealer. It's a Canadian MINI.

Love tha car save for some quirks my MA needs to iron out but I have almost 1800km...very close to broken in...can't wait.

Happy motoring!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Burno
2nd Gear
Just pokin around sayin whats up to everybody new to the site not the car.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
johnnykrtz@mchsi.com
Neutral

Hello everyone. Just picked up my 2008 MCS last month. Looking forward to learning new things here at NAM. Thanks.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
bardsjr
1st Gear
Hello NAM,

These boards are the best I have found. People here seem to have the same MINI fever I do. The first MINI I saw that peeked my interest was the 1970's MINI that Mr. Bean drove. He did a lot of cool stuff in that car.

The link to the scene that solidified my MINI madness follows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMW3Q7TQars

This link made me cry a little inside: (not for the feint of heart)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PqVT-C4gR4

I just ordered my MINI yesterday. Here is what I am getting. This is besides the standard equipment. They told me that it will take three to four months to build and deliver. This is going to be the longest 4 months of my life.

My 2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman
6 Speed Manual
British Racing Green Body
Premium Package
10-Speaker. Hi-Fi Sound System
Automatic AC
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof

Cold Weather Package
Heated Powerfold Mirrors & Washer Jets
Heated Front Seats

Convenience Package
Comfort Access System
Leather Sport Wheel w/Multifunction
Comfort Bluetooth with USB/iPod Adapter
Universal Garage Door Opener
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Rain Sensor and Auto Headlamps
Center Arm Rest

Sport Package
Sport Suspension
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash
17" 5-Star Pace (Perf. Run Flats)

PERFORMANCE
Limited Slip Differential
COCKPIT
Cloth: Checkered Carbon Black/Black
Anthracite Headliner
SIRIUS Satellite Radio (w/lifetime subscription)

GENUINE MOTORING ACCESSORIES**
Driving lamps
Roof Rack Base & Install Kit

Old 07-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Crumbolst
Neutral
Hi folks. Just logged in for the first time today. I live in New York City and only use the car on weekends to escape to the beaches and Catskill and Adirondack mountains for some serious driving. I've been lurking since January when I first started researching the Mini Cooper S. I have to say that because of this forum I felt VERY informed when I made the choice to buy it. So thanks for all the enthusiastic talk. Our car, appropriately named Hugh Laurie, arrive in early April and I've been had a combination of experiences ranging from pure driving ecstasy to utter frustration. Overall, I really like the car though. It still blows away all the other buying choices I might have made. But more on that in other threads.

Thanks for having me.

Crumbolst

Old 07-17-2008, 01:22 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Crumbolst
Hi folks. Just logged in for the first time today. I live in New York City and only use the car on weekends to escape to the beaches and Catskill and Adirondack mountains for some serious driving. I've been lurking since January when I first started researching the Mini Cooper S. I have to say that because of this forum I felt VERY informed when I made the choice to buy it. So thanks for all the enthusiastic talk. Our car, appropriately named Hugh Laurie, arrive in early April and I've been had a combination of experiences ranging from pure driving ecstasy to utter frustration. Overall, I really like the car though. It still blows away all the other buying choices I might have made. But more on that in other threads.

Thanks for having me.

Crumbolst
Welcome! Hugh Laurie - I loved him best as Bertie Wooster. Happy motoring!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 AM
Davelister
Neutral
Greetings

Hello I picked up a used 2002 Mini last week after a few weeks wait for it to get here from Japan and was fortunate to get ahead of several other interested buyers. They get picked up quick here! It was in great condition bar a couple or minor issues; Very slight ding in the left rear panel A couple of gouges in one of the hub caps Low tread on front two tires Some repainting needed on the roof under the boot Japanese radio [we use higher and more FM channels here] The first three were taken care of by the dealer along with a full service [which uncovered a problem with the left hand mirror adjustment, waiting on a part]. I taken ownership and I'm loving it bar one minor issue which I'll detail in one of the other sections. Cheers. p.s. How does one select a custom avatar?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:14 AM
ellinara
4th Gear
I've owned an R53 and now sometime this week I am going to get my R56. The R53 was a 2002 and was a complete lemon however it was always my baby and when BMW took it away from me because of the various issues I was deeply saddened. Now with my R56 I hope I won't have the same problems!!!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
gotsmart
1st Gear
I just got referred over here by someone at the mini2 forums because of issues we're experiencing with our Clubman's sunroof... nice to see another great MINI community!

Here are pics of our Clubbie...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:35 PM
chowdah
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bardsjr
These boards are the best I have found. People here seem to have the same MINI fever I do.
Wow-nice build! Yes, it will be a wicked long wait for you ... all you have to do is read the boards and share your excitement with everyone. I was build Week 23 and we were (and still are) an active, crazy group of Miniaholics! Enjoy!

Old 07-19-2008, 12:56 PM
oimetra
Neutral
Hello everyone, I finally got out of my mini to introduce myself.
It's been only 6 hrs since I got my keys and I can't help but sit in it even if I'm not driving.

2008 MCS DKSLV/DKSLV Prem/CWP
Virginia Beach, VA

Old 07-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Andrillox
Neutral
It's good to see the MINI fans expanding!!!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:30 PM
myla2003
2nd Gear
it's been over a year since i got my keys, and i still sit in it when i'm not driving.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM