1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TLPD120
Ordered the new Garmin Nuvi 755T
I hope the Garmin Nuvi 775T is better than the Garmin Nuvi 660.
I recently found out that it doesn't always warn you.
My GPS has always verbally warned me of Bear Left or Bear Right but
while cruising on the Dragon (search "MOTD" for explanation) just a couple of days ago it failed
to tell me that there was a Bear approaching from the left and BAMM!
This big Ol'e Black Bear ran into my MINI.
I'm presently seeking an attorney to see if I have a claim against Garmin.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:09 PM
TrishK
Neutral
First post

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this site. I was starting to feel like I was alone in my obsession with the MINI. What a relief, I'm still sane I should have my MINI in just a few more weeks. I just found out that she's been released and awaiting transport! yippee. I will have a Dark Silver S with Sport Stripe. I can't wait to get her. I've already named her Sporty Spice.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TrishK
Hi everyone,
I am so glad I found this site.
I was starting to feel like I was alone in my obsession with the MINI. What a relief, I'm still sane .
Excuse me! You just got on this site and you have the nerve to call us SANE?!
There is NO ONE on this site that can be remotely considered as SANE

Welcome to the insane asylum!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
TrishK
Neutral
Uh oh. I guess all I've done is proven that I am insane and obessed.... but with lots of company. Thanks for the welcome to the asylum.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TrishK
Uh oh. I guess all I've done is proven that I am insane and obessed.... but with lots of company. Thanks for the welcome to the asylum.
Now your getting the hang of it...
Just remember that when you attend the meetings stand straight and don't slouch, speak with
a clear voice and announce to the world "Hi my name is (your name here) and I'm a MINIholic".

Trust me you'll feel much better afterwards.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:53 PM
mk1leg
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi..Every one I'm form a little Island in the English Channel called Jersey,I stumbled across this forum and I think its great But I only see Bini's not Classic Mini's as you seem to have a huge following over there, I've been into Mini's since I was 17years old and have owned about 30 since then in many different steges of condition from a beach racer to a fully restored 1964 Austin Cooper S 1071cc wich took me 7 years to restore and at present I'm restoring a 1990 Rover Cooper (carb)....let me know if you would like to see Pics or if this forum is only for BMW mini's I will not be hurt if its only BMW mini's

Old 09-03-2008, 08:52 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by mk1leg
I only see Bini's not Classic Mini's as you seem to have a huge following over there
Well lets get the spelling correct, it is BINI's not Bini's
Originally Posted by mk1leg
let me know if you would like to see Pics or if this forum is only for BMW mini's I will not be hurt if its only BMW mini's
And yes we do like to see pics, I love pics of any and all types of MINI's/Mini's.

There is even a section dedicated to only the Classic Mini.
Classic Mini Talk

Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 AM
adri
Neutral
Hello All

just saying hi to all the MINI enthusiasts.
i completely lucked into my MINI last December. i found it for sale on a used car lot.
i traded in my suv and considered myself lucky to have found my MINI
2005 MINI chili red.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
designshop55
Neutral
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by designshop55; 09-24-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:35 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PICTURES, PEOPLE, PICTURES!!!! We want PICTURES!!!!

Welcome everybody!

BUT POST PICTURES!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:01 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
Hi Everyone,

I've been posting questions here and there, but haven't actually introduced myself! I'm Cindy, a fairly recent Mini-enthusiast (OK, currently Mini-obsessed - but I blame the configurator and this forum!). I live in southwest Michigan where Minis are very thin on the ground - I spot maybe one or two a day, and I drive a lot! Have yet to see one in any of the colors that I was considering (LiB, NFR, LB) and our new dealership doesn't have such a thing as a paint chip (!), so I've been very dependent on the photos I've seen on the site - thanks!

We originally arrived at Mini when we started looking for a good-mileage small car, but in the end we ordered the Clubman S, so didn't go all in for mileage. (Hey, this is sort of my turning 50, mid-life crisis car as well, so it's got to be really FUN, too!)

I've appreciated the great info on the forum during the pre-purchase phase, and now that I've made *most* my decisions, I can just relax and enjoy the conversation...I hope... How late in the process can you still make changes to your order???????

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Cindy

Old 09-04-2008, 11:34 AM
drmizamy
Neutral
Hi all - I'm new to minis. A recent convert, I traded in my SUV for a '05 S Convertible with 25k miles. I love it. I have a question - which brings me to this board. Is it worth it to extend my factory warranty that expires in March 2009? IIt is over $2K to extend. I have already had issues that were, thankfully, under warranty. My convertible roof wouldn't work after the car had sat in the sun for awhile, my gas gauge didn't register right after I refueled and now my gas gauge is continually off about a quarter of a tank. They have replaced both gas gauges and so now I am getting ready to take it back in. I bought the maintance package because I will be due for brakes soon and the price they quoted me was absolute highway robbery but will now be covered under that plan. Do all Minis have these small nits? Just wondering.

Thanks for this great forum!
Amy

Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Welcome to the NAMily, Cindy! Looks like our MINI's might be relatives. I ordered mine yesterday as well, though I ordered the little sister (her name is Stella and she's a Cooper S).

In answer to your question, you can make changes to your order all the way up until it actually goes into production. Perhaps your MA will or may have already given you a production number. They can use this to tell you when your car will be produced. In the mean time, sit back, relax and enjoy the way

Old 09-04-2008, 11:42 AM
bhelton
4th Gear
Hey Amy, given the track record of your MINI, it may not be a bad idea to get the extended warranty. How much longer does it extend it?

An easy way to figure it is to estimate whether or not you think repair costs will exceed the cost of the warranty during the warranty period. It's little more than a gamble though.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
2005 Cool Blue MCSc

Originally Posted by drmizamy
Hi all - I'm new to minis. A recent convert, I traded in my SUV for a '05 S Convertible with 25k miles. I love it. I have a question - which brings me to this board. Is it worth it to extend my factory warranty that expires in March 2009? IIt is over $2K to extend. I have already had issues that were, thankfully, under warranty. My convertible roof wouldn't work after the car had sat in the sun for awhile, my gas gauge didn't register right after I refueled and now my gas gauge is continually off about a quarter of a tank. They have replaced both gas gauges and so now I am getting ready to take it back in. I bought the maintance package because I will be due for brakes soon and the price they quoted me was absolute highway robbery but will now be covered under that plan. Do all Minis have these small nits? Just wondering.

Thanks for this great forum!
Amy
Yo Amy!
Nice to have another 05 Cabrio on the board to discuss glitches. "WINNIE" just had the motors and cables replaced that retract the top. NOW in the heat of the day I have to let the car cool down before trying to retract the top. Sun roof works fine but the drop top gets stuck after opening about 3", which is not good. Can't go flying down the highway catching wind, It would be like a big air scoop!
She too was a low milage '05 with only 4k in 2/08 when I bought her. Now 7 months later I'm pushing 13k. I just love driving this MINI.
As you will be able to tell from the side bar, NAM has lots of threads to discuss any and all quirks.
Happy Motorin'

Old 09-04-2008, 08:17 PM
PyroMINIac
Neutral
Hey gang.

Finally decided to post up, and say hey from the Sunshine State. I've been motoring for more than a month and just over 1,000 miles. I've already met the MINI "locals" (Sunshine MINIs/Bay Are MINIs), and look forward to all of the experiences that are unique to owning this vehicle!

2008 MCS / Sparkling Silver / Black

Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
seasley2008
Neutral
Hello!

Hello everyone, I am glad to be here at North American Motoring. I have 2004 MC40 and I have began to buy some mods. Here is what I have so far:
1. Alta Cold-Air Intake
2. Magnaflow Cat-back
3. Alta Super-charger Pulley
4. H-Sport Springs
5. JCW Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop

Old 09-04-2008, 11:49 PM
retroschmidt
Neutral
just say'n hi to all the new members

Old 09-05-2008, 10:42 AM
PyroMINIac
Neutral
Hey gang...

I've been a MINI motorer for a little more than a 1,000 miles and a little under two months. I've met up with the MINI "locals" here in the Tampa Bay Area, and look forward to an exciting ownership!

'08 MCS / Sparkling Silver Metallic / Black

Old 09-05-2008, 03:46 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PyroMINIac
Hey gang...

I've been a MINI motorer for a little more than a 1,000 miles and a little under two months.
I've met up with the MINI "locals" here in the Tampa Bay Area, and look forward to an exciting ownership!
So I guess this means we can expect to meet you and your MINI in person at this years Mickey & MINI event in Orlando...

Old 09-05-2008, 07:04 PM
PyroMINIac
Neutral
Sorry 'bout the mix-up, double-post (just tryin' to pad my stats.)

If I do make M&M4 this year, it'll be as a one day drive over. We've got four passes to Universal to use, and might just take that time to swing by M&M4 and hang out...

Old 09-06-2008, 10:50 AM
superbgrover
Neutral
Hey everyone been checking out the board for a while. I am going to be placing a order soon through Military Sales of a 2009 MCCS lighting blue, silver bonnet stripes, conv, xenon, and bluetooth. I am still currently in the sand box and it is going to be delievered to me in states when I get home. I am excited. How do I get a badge on here once mine is ordered? h yeah and his name is Super Grover.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 PM
mk1leg
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi everyone If you want to see pics of my mini restro look in classic mini (all my own work)...............lots & lots of pics.............
lattest pic

Old 09-11-2008, 06:13 AM
bennyx_o
1st Gear
Just a quick post to say hello and what not. Live in Ireland, drive an R53 MCS. Some pics:

Old 09-11-2008, 09:29 AM
bennyx_o
1st Gear

Last edited by bennyx_o; 09-12-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: double post

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM