1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 PM
BEFCo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Praying for snow

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome Cabriopilot.

I hail from Salt Lake City, Utah, and will be bolting a snowboard rack to the top of the Mini soon.
Any recommendations from anyone on a good roof rack model for the R56?

Thanks!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:17 PM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Originally Posted by BEFCo
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome Cabriopilot.

I hail from Salt Lake City, Utah, and will be bolting a snowboard rack to the top of the Mini soon.
Any recommendations from anyone on a good roof rack model for the R56?

Thanks!
While this is not a roof rack system it is well worth looking into, it's a company called MINIFINI .

Old 09-27-2008, 07:42 AM
BEFCo
1st Gear
Mini Rack

Very Cool, Thanks for the info!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
PA Mini
1st Gear
Just bought new Clubman

Hi everyone!

Just took delivery on new Mini Cooper Clubman this past Saturday.

2009 MC Clubman, Hot Chocolate Metallic with Black Roof & Pillars, 6 speed manual, 16inch run flats on Bridgespoke wheels, Ipod/Bluetooth, Xenon lights, fog lights, sport seats, Roof Rails (During production, I was told I was 2nd 2009 Clubman to have the new factory roof rails installed) See photo.

Not much mileage yet, but looking forward to long trips.

PA Clubman

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-miniclubman3.jpg  
Old 09-29-2008, 09:41 AM
MiniPHan
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations PA Clubman!

My BRG/BRG MCS Clubman is in the paint shop as I write; should be finished in "the next couple of days" according to ASKMINI.
I,too,ordered the roof rails - what do you think? practical? how do cross bars get attached?

Motor on!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Derr
Neutral
Why hello there all. I've been driving an '06 Cooper S convertible for the past couple months and love it. I'm living in Central Coast CA and the sun is treating me right.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:43 AM
PA Mini
1st Gear
MiniPHan,

I had similar roof rails on my Subaru. On that car the cross rails attached via a clamp with torx connectors, then I added a "basket" to the cross bars. The basket worked best with my camping gear.

My Mini salesman told me he had already received a Mini brand basket with intergral cross bars, but had not seen it. I am trying to get pics and price. I think it is just a matter of time before Yakima, Thule, etc. bring out aftermarket attachments. I have heard they make the Mini or BMW brand items anyway.

I like the look of the rails on the Clubman - a sort of horizontal accent that helps the lines.

PA Clubman

Last edited by PA Mini; 09-29-2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
bmwguydbn
Neutral
hi im a new/first time mini owner of a mellowyellow r56 cooper in saskatoon
was wondering if there are any others from saskatoon here?totally love this car!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:45 AM
my favorate yellow croc
Neutral
Hi guys,,jumping on "board" with the arrival of my new yellow "croc" mini...(come on,,,thats the first thing I thought of when I saw her!!) SHe's cute, fast, will be adding a bike rack soon...PLUS my kids are all in college now,,so out with the mini van!!! Good bye soccer mom!!!!!
Love this site so far,,

Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 AM
rowhenry
Neutral
Good Day to all the fellow Mini owners out there. I purchased my '08 MCS, Laser Blue with black caps August 26th from Waterloo, Ontario. Drove my baby back to Ajax, Ontario. I made the mistake of letting my gf get hold of the wheel for a little test drive....needless to say she went straight to the hwy and drove it half way home.
All I can say is once your in the car your addicted.

Mini for Life

Old 09-30-2008, 10:31 AM
wurking_girl
2nd Gear
That's why I didn't let my husband drive when we took the Mini out for a test-drive! This is supposed to be MY car, but I just know once he gets behind the wheel, it will be an ongoing battle over who gets to drive... Best that he not know what he's missing!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
tambi
2nd Gear
Hi All,

Just been MINI'd with my new MCS R56 Manual 5 days ago. She's one sweet ride...!

Old 10-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Adam S14
Neutral
Hi everybody!

I'm here, because every single search on the net says that you guys have plenty of light track wheel for sale.
So I'm looking for some 17 with 4x100 in the for sale section.
Hope you don't mind that I've registered to hunt some wheels,

Adam

Old 10-02-2008, 12:34 PM
iCiuK
Neutral
Hello

Hi all,
I am very happy to join to this group. I live in Italy and I have bought a used Mini Cooper S one year ago.

Ciao

Andrea

Old 10-02-2008, 03:35 PM
minidreeemer
Neutral
hello

hello... fellow MINI lovers/owners!!!
I'm very happy to be here.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:50 AM
apw105
Neutral
New Poster

Hi,
I just found this site the other day, and I'm kinda of overwhelmed by the amount of info on it. Maybe once I'm more familiar with it, I won't get lost as easily.
I've owned an '05 CooperS since new. Love the car and hope to drive it forever. Never a problem with it, until I noticed that one stage of my radiator cooling fan, was acting up (I think). The fan comes on at high speed every minute or so. The dealer says that I need a new fan...$600...and that my warrantee expired 10 days ago! Damn. I found a Bently manual for $68, and ordered it. Hopefully, with that, and info on this site, I can work on this car and do it right, whether it's the whole fan, or just a relay. The fan looks like a big job; as I've seen here, the whole front of the car has to come off! I'll look into it more when I get the service manual. Anybody with similar problems?
Regards,
Andy
Beecher, IL

Old 10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
tuma86
Neutral
salve

Hello
Hi all,
I'm happy to join this group. I live in Verona (Italy) and I have a Mini Cooper S electric blue with wite spoke. one ball, vgs, occ...

Ciao
Davide

Old 10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
TheAudiGuy
1st Gear
Hiya!

Hello all, my name is Joey and I'm the Audi guy. I joined this forum because my girlfriend just bought an 04 Cooper and I've got to be up to date on this stuff! I hope to bring a lot of technical knowledge to this forum as well as gain some insight into this fun little machine!

My technical background: I'm an Audi technician by trade. I graduated Universal Technical Institute in 2007 with honors. I'm certified through F.A.C.T. in most Ford Motor Company systems including the new Power Stroke diesel engines. I graduated the Audi Academy in 2008 and have been working for HBL Audi Tysons Corner since.

I hope to be able to offer answers to any technical questions that arise!

I myself am more of an 80's sportscar (Datsun, Mazda, Toyota) enthusiast, although her Mini is quickly growing on me and I might find myself picking up a Mini S in the near future!

Well, that's all there is to me. Can't wait to get to know you all!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
LumpOfCoal
1st Gear
Hello!
I actually joined this site a few days back but I never got around to putting my introduction up.

I bit the bullet a few weeks back and sent an order in for a Mini S. I think I'm one of the odd ones out that got the automatic over the manual. I just really like the paddle shifters. I wasn't even seriously considering the car until I saw it on top gear when they raced D-Motor. After the test drive it was a no brainer.

-Brian
Washington DC

Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 AM
davis_clubman
Neutral
Every once in a while, we have to do something for ourselves. It has to be a fun car to have in the Bay Area.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
milner
1st Gear
Hello!

Hi everyone!

It's been a few years and two MINIs later [3rd is on order-last one was flooded in Hurricane IKE :( ] since I've played around on NAM. I always found it quite a helpful site, and I'm excited to get back into it. Here's whats on order:

'09 JCW CR/Black
Xenon
Sport Suspension
MF Wheel
Auto Air
White turn signals

Nothing crazy, but it should do the trick! No production date yet, but hope to have it early December. Happy to be here.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:58 AM
jimenezMini
Neutral
Hi everyone

I am new to this site and I hava an 02 JCW S, I live in Northwest Arkansas and this is my first MINI I ever owned as soon as I do some research on performance stuff I will soon start to mod it

Old 10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
cabriopilot
6th Gear
Welcome to all the new NAM members...

It's so nice to have new friends to talk to..
I would like to extend a MINI wave to all the new members.
And don't forget that when your out motoring should you spot another MINI please wave back.

jimenezMini

milner

davis_clubman

LumpOfCoal

TheAudiGuy

tuma86

apw105

minidreeemer

iCiuK

Adam S14

tambi

rowhenry

my favorate yellow croc

bmwguydbn

Derr

Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 PM
bmwguydbn
Neutral
dont know if this is the right place to ask but if there are any mini owners in saskatoon that are interested in a gathering call me at 261 9551 saskatoon john.thanks guys for great website!

Old 10-12-2008, 07:58 PM
KiahandKat
Neutral
Hello to all,

My name is Kiah and I have a beautiful wife named Katrina (Kat), we are the proud parents of two dogs, a Lab and and a Curr, my wife has a Pug. We have a beautiful 09 MINI Cooper S with the JCW package. She is headed to ourside of the pond. We are soooooo excited! Kat and I are both medical people and look forward to meeting new people.

Kiah

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM