1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
CoopVirgin
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just reposting this here considering this was probably the proper place:

New member with a couple questions...
Hi all. My name's Mark. I've been obsessing over MINIs for about 4 years or so. Now, at long last, my current car is paid off, and I'm making my dive in to MINI ownership! I'll be ordering her within the next couple weeks and had a few questions. I'm on a budget of about 25k, so seeing as how I want a pano roof and automatic, I'm limited to 'just' the MINI.
1. Does anyone here have the factory installed aero kit? Not the JCW which is beautiful (and expensive to install). Is it worth it? Can anyone post a picture if their MINI has one?
2. I'm having a seriously hard time choosing between the new black, NFR and horizon blue. Currently, NFR is in the lead seeing as how I've never seen HB in person and black is so common of a color for a car. Thoughts? Pictures of the new black or HB?
3. How do they handle in snow? (I live in cleveland ohio.)

Current configuration: NFR, black roof, black bonnet stripes (sport stripes, although I like them better, don't have that little white strip to set them off against the NFR), chrome mirrors, chrome gas cap, automatic, premium package, fog lights (front and rear), chrome line interior with piano black, and last but certainly not least checkered flag side scuttle. approx. $23,660...the rest will probably go towards the aero kit or better rims. Opinions DEFINITELY welcome!

Old 02-03-2009, 04:58 PM
ve3hzz
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have talked to a few who have rear fogs. They said never use them!!! infact have had people rave at them if use them for anything other then backing up!!!! Some have NEVER used them??? Can't imagine a big need? IMHO.

And something else I would ask (just think of it don't have to respond). If your financing it, I would keep the options you can purchase afterwards to a minimum on the car (like chrome mirror caps) etc etc.. Items like the PANO roof, power windows, etc...are all items that are prohibitive to install later.

Infact a few mentioned to me that the front fogs are ineffective and the grill mounted driving lights are much more effective and look cooler

So I guess my opinion would be to get all factory items that you can and put the EXTRA's that you can add later on after you get it and decide what you really want on it. I know...I know I sound like my DAD..GOD!!! when did I get old!!!

Seriously dude....maybe think about what you can GET that you CAN'T go back and add later after it's built!!! maybe the S is not out of reach???

What ever you decide..you'll have a sweet ride and will have years of happy motoring.

Regards

Scott.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:09 PM
gen3usa
1st Gear
been lerking for some time, just bought my first cooper, so far, love it, the "s" is a fun car to drive, gotta hand it to the designers for making a sporty and yet comfortable machine that has a set! tons of great info on this site, thanks to you all for making it a super source for us mini folks!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Hippie
Banned
Nother Noob checking in

Hello all - just checking in. We just picked up our first Mini on Monday I'll post pics & details later

Old 02-19-2009, 02:24 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hippie
Hello all - just checking in. We just picked up our first Mini on Monday I'll post pics & details later
Welcome, Hippie! Just because I was reviewing my smilies when you showed up:

Old 02-20-2009, 06:23 AM
pjourneys
Neutral
Back from South Africa

Greetings Mini Enthusiasts of Old and New,

I just got back from South Africa after two years of being over there and I am happy to report that the Mini is alive and well over there (enclosed are three thumbnails of Minis, blue MCS was mine).

I drove a Blue MCS. Standard/stick right hand drive and driving on the left just gave the Mini experience a little bit more ooomph. It's tricky transitioning both from driving on the right to the left and visa-versa (it took me a week).

I drive a black 2006 JCW now and I am looking forward to being back in the States.

Kind Regards,

pjourneys

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-unknown-1.jpeg   Welcome to NAM-unknown-2.jpeg   Welcome to NAM-unknown.jpeg  
Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
artfulmini
2nd Gear
Planning to replace my 2001 BMW X5 with 2009 MCS or Clubman (leaning towards Horizon Blue). Not long after purchasing a new Toyota MR2 in 2001, I saw my first MINI and felt a bit of buyers remorse. I later traded the MR2 for a used X5 when I needed more room. Now, kids grown and graduated from college, I'm finally treating myself to a MINI! Plus MINI and me both turn 50 this year!!

Last edited by artfulmini; 02-23-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
dgcooks
3rd Gear
long time lurker, decided to start posting!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 PM
jet chair
Neutral

I got my clubman S in june of '08 and it is the most fun that I am having in my life right now. It's automatic but I use the pattles all the time!

Old 02-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Rysani
1st Gear
Hello all, came across this site and decided to post. I got my Mini Cooper S, Pepper White/Black Roof/Mirrors, Comfort, Convenience and Sport Package with Punch leather and brushed aluminum trim in late August 08 in Edmonton, Alberta. It is a joy to drive.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Go Oilers!
Welcome Rysani!
Post those pics of what a White MINI looks like in the snow!
Can you find her in the morning?

Old 02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Rysani
1st Gear
I sure will when I get it back next week. We just got a ton of snow too. All of the roads were nice and clear until 2 days ago. Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Rysani
1st Gear
Hey Austin welcome:

So what Mini do you have?

Old 03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
mj.mini
Neutral
Hello to All,
I have been looking around the forums for a little bit and now just remembering to post here. I picked up a 2004 Peppered White Copper S New Years Eve. I am absolutely loving my car thanks to my boyfriend. He found it on line at Desert Mini and it was going for such a great deal, so I jumped on it immediately! WOO HOOOO.. Glad to be driving around in my great lookin Mini!!!!!

WARNING! SUPER AMATEUR, QUICK SNAPSHOTS OF THE CAR!

Last edited by mj.mini; 03-05-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:44 PM
cburton
Neutral
Thanks for the Vine, new to NAM

My name is Curtis Burton from Parkville, Mo, outside Kansas City. Got my first MINI a month ago, a 2007 British Racing Green, Tuscan Beige beautiful baby! So far I love it. Started looking about six months ago, this is probably the most time I have ever spent researching a vehicle. Really wanted a Clubman, but wasn't all that excited about spending the 30K to get what I wanted. As soon as the weather gets better and I can take some nice pictures I will add them. This seems like a real proud group and I look forward to learning from all the resources available.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Family Photos

rah07
Rysani
mj.mini
cburton
Welcome newbies one and all. Check out some of the forums for tips and tricks on you MINI. AND remember post those pics.
We all love to see our big family!

Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 AM
xristos
1st Gear
Hello from Greece

Hello from Greece

04 mcs works
Black with white roof, rims and strips.

Love the car cannot stop driving it.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
mikester
Neutral
Hello from Irvine (So Cal)

Just bought my 2008 MCS, dark silver/black top.

Really fun car !

Mike G.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
amancara
1st Gear
I love the site! I've read some really awesome and helpful stuff since I've gotten my mini, and it's comforting to know that everyone is frustrated about the pressure sensitive seats and the passenger seatbelt gong. =)

Old 03-07-2009, 09:33 AM
KrittyMcWitty
Neutral
Just got my first Mini!

I just got my first Mini Cooper two days ago. I'm really excited as I have wanted one since they came out in 02'. I immediately looked for a great forum to help me with all of my questions and I found you guys. I have a 2003 Mini Cooper Chilli Red with white top. I really want to do the whole Union Jack thing. I already have my roof decal ordered but wanted some imput on how much Jack is too much Jack. I don't want to get 16 year old boy syndrome and just buy everything I see and realize it was too much later but I want a really cool look. Any suggestions?

Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 AM
patbeth1
Neutral
Hello To All,
Another new member here to NAM. I've had my 2006 MCS since Nov. I had a 73 MG Midget back in 1983 and man what an upgrade this car is. Stumbled across this site recently & have found it extremely informative. Great to be here!

Old 03-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
UJ theme

Originally Posted by KrittyMcWitty
I really want to do the whole Union Jack thing.
Look at www.blimeycabrio.com web site. He post all of his mods and dares anyone to try to out do all of his UJ's.
Good Luck and Welcome to the family of MINIs.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:57 AM
KrittyMcWitty
Neutral
Thanks

Thanks that is exactly what I am talking about!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Catwelder
Neutral
Hello fellow MINI lovers

This is my newby post, although I have been checking you all out for some time now. This time I was hunting help with the rear brake tool, and there it was!Cheap at Harbor Freight!

'05 Chili Red/White S, WMS 15% pulley, K&N Typhoon CAI with modified air box, Milltek catback, Unichip

Old 03-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Tempest Wolf
Neutral
Hi i am new to the mini scene

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM