1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:00 AM
coramdeo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another new Mini addict checking in! My 2006 Mini Cooper is only eight days old to me and I'm absolutely obsessed. I LOVE my car and have been spending far too much time reading the forums. Been playing with the CVT and trying to decide which line of detailing wash, wax, etc. to get into. (I've never looked forward to washing my car before...I can see this is going to become my weekly therapy)

Old 03-14-2009, 11:01 AM
boomermini
2nd Gear

Hi everyone - new member from oklahoma! Looking forward to meeting you guys. Making my first trip to the dragon. Excited but a little scared. Anyone have any advice on the dragon?
boomermini

Old 03-14-2009, 08:04 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boomermini
Hi everyone - new member from oklahoma! Looking forward to meeting you guys. Making my first trip to the dragon. Excited but a little scared. Anyone have any advice on the dragon?
boomermini
Hia Boomer! Welcome to NAM, and hope to see you at the Dragon. No need to be scared - with that many MINIs, speed won't be much of an issue (too crowded), and you can work on your twisties techniques. Have fun, take down usernames/names of NAM "friends" and see how many you can meet there! Oh yeah,...and bring your camera.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Thirsty
Neutral
The first time I rode the Dragon was on my Goldwing. When I got done I had to pry my hands off the grips. All of the hype had me anticipating something really wild. While you must pay attention, it is nothing really crazy.

The Dragon is generally heavily patrolled to keep speed daemons under control. If I remember right, the speed limit is 35 mph. Some turns have recommended speeds of 15 mph. Just have fun and stay on your own side of the road. Crossing the centerline is also watched pretty closely.

Riding the Dragon if fun but save time for the Cherola Skyway. Speed limits up to 45 mph and fantastic scenery.

Drive safe - have fun!

Old 03-15-2009, 08:27 PM
boomermini
2nd Gear
Thanks for all of your imputs. Can't wait to go. Think about it eveyday.
Ready to get away from work and Oklahoma and have fun.

Boomermini

Last edited by boomermini; 03-15-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Hipsi
1st Gear
Long time lurker first time poster. Hi all, Picked up my very first mini early last month. It's a pure silver R56 Cooper Chilli.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Mini Lady
Neutral
Hello all! I will hopefully very soon be a first time MINI owner and I cannot wait. With any luck I will get the 2009 Horizon Blue MINI by the end of the month. If not, then I will be ordering the Oxygen Blue and it will be here in 6-8 weeks. Any one have pictuers of the Horizon Blue in the sunlight? I am excited about getting my first MINI (and my first stick)

Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 PM
xb9s
Neutral
Location: one of those ticky-tacky places that all look the same
totally new newbie

Hi, my name is Ray and I am looking to get a Clubman S with the automatic real soon. Have not even driven one yet but will over the next 3 days. I hope to find a used one and hook up with some of you in the Santa Cruz, CA and nearby areas. Thank you Dave for welcoming us rookies and to all the people who make this site happen. It is a gold mine.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:35 AM
jwatson54
1st Gear
Can't wait to order 09 Clubman! Anyone with experience dealing with sales/service at Baron MINI in KC, Motorwerks in Minneapolis or Omaha MINI? Our closest dealers are 3 hours

Old 03-21-2009, 06:02 PM
refractured
1st Gear
And Hello! I'm Shon and I live in Central Washington. Today I drove and agreed upon a purchase from a fellow NAM member. A 2005 R53. I should be official next week and I'm very, very excited.
I've heard fantastic things about the Mini Community and I'm looking forward to it! I'm a former Scion owner and they have a pretty good community too, but, im sure you guys will blow them away. See you all around!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Notaros1
Neutral
First Post

First Post.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Oolong
Neutral
Just picked up an 09, and I've spent my whole workday walking co-workers downstairs to see it. I'm now going to make my 6th coffee run because the urge to drive this thing is unbelievable.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Hipsi
1st Gear
LMAO, I know the feeling. In fact, you've inspired me to go for a coffee run also!

Old 03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
JustLurking
Neutral
Hi, been lurking for a little. I'm new too.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:58 PM
aharbaugh
Neutral
NAM Newbie

Hi all. I'm a NAM Newbie but am enjoying reading your posts. New owner of a used light gray R53. I want to get interior and exterior black jack mirror caps, but might have to have a custom job done (It'll save me the shipping from the motherland).

Old 03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
MiniPoopa
2nd Gear
Howdy
Just joined, we’ve had our Red 08’ Mini S for a 6 months now…been loving it ever since. I am tackling an audio install in the next coming weeks, looking forward to using NAM and its members as a resource. Hope to meet more mini folks up in NC for the “Minis on the Dragon”!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 AM
ddmini03
Neutral
Hello everyone, purchased a used 03 mini S back in december. Awesome car, I can't believe how much fun it is to drive! My job involves me traveling to China for 6 weeks at a time so I really look forward to driving it when I get home on break for only 2 weeks! It's a chili red with white stripes, HK, moonroof,etc,etc. My only beef was the cupholders can only hold a very tiny cup. $68.00 dollars later my problem was solved. $68.00 for a cupholder? Oh well worth it because I am a big fan of Dunkin Donuts ice coffee.
Looking forward to hearing from other members.
Happy Motoring
Dan Denahy

Old 03-27-2009, 03:13 AM
boomermini
2nd Gear
Hi Dan

Have lots of fun in your mini. You will miss it when you are away.
Welcome to the family!
Boomermini

Old 03-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Carlisle
4th Gear
I used to lurk. I think it's because I used to own just a Cooper and not a Cooper S. I got so tired of people seeing my car in parking lots or on the road and asking me: "Why didn't you get the Cooper S ?" It was irritating. I LOVE my Cooper which I am still driving as I wait for my 09 MCS to be built. In Canada, I got a $1,000 cheque from the gov't for leasing my Cooper because it was part of an EcoAuto rebate program. I used that money as a downpayment on my MCS! The size of this forum is a little intimidating...

Old 03-28-2009, 01:57 AM
ddmini03
Neutral
Thanks for your reply boomermini, looking forward to going back to N.H. in april, snow will be gone and the weather should be nice, I can open the moonroof and go for a nice cruise up the mountains.
I do have a question for everybody, is there a way of finding out what engine modifications may have been installed? Sadly the previous owner passed away so all I know is that his parents said he spent a lot of money on it. The only visible signs are a pro mini air cleaner and a strut brace. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 PM
WSCoop
Neutral
sorry dd, no idea, but maybe a dyno?
im new too btw, got a 05 MCSa but considering straight trading it for a 05 MCS, well see here
i really do love my coop
any other west slope-colorado minis?

Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 AM
ddmini03
Neutral
Thanks ws, a dyno sounds like a good idea. I'm pretty sure this mini ain't stock but I'm not sure how to tell. Happy motoring!
DD

Old 04-01-2009, 05:45 AM
Madison MS MINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ddmini03
Thanks for your reply boomermini, looking forward to going back to N.H. in april, snow will be gone and the weather should be nice, I can open the moonroof and go for a nice cruise up the mountains.
I do have a question for everybody, is there a way of finding out what engine modifications may have been installed? Sadly the previous owner passed away so all I know is that his parents said he spent a lot of money on it. The only visible signs are a pro mini air cleaner and a strut brace. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Did the previous owner belong to any MINI group? They usually get together and install mods or talk about what they've done on thier on. Take it to a MINI get together like "Minis on the Dragon" or "Minis on the Mountain"! Lots of know-it-alls there!
Not me, I'm still learning about mine too.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:58 PM
packrat427
Neutral
Hello, 1st post.

Only a member since 09/08 , but wanted to say HELLO !!
I don't own a Mini ..yet , but I am into the sub compact cars !!

I have a lot of friends that run the Dragon , and love the Twisties , and would love to come and watch and check out your cars .

I am a Administrator of www.fordfestiva.com and we have quite a following , 8000+ members and some are very modified for road coarse racing , auto cross, and drag racing .
We have a few that run very low 12 sec. 1/4 mile , and a couple that go low 11's .

Almost everyone of our members love the Mini's .

I seen a Mini when we were going to Pigeon Forge ,Tn. last year , that is when I seen the Actual size sticker , and Fell in love with that ..LOL

So I ordered a envelope full from someone on here , I put one on my car , and have had more compliments from that ..LOL

Hello again , and you guys have a AWESOME site !!
Here is a pic of My car..

And here is my real Hot Rod , owned 19 years now .

Old 04-11-2009, 03:51 PM
dosminis
Neutral
Hey gang, this is our first time writing in a forum and first time owner of, not one but, two minis. Didn't realize how much fun they were! So, where do we go to learn all the right stuff? (ie: the dragon, dragon in the mountains, first gear,second, etc. gear?) There's a lot more to learn than just driving the coolest cars on the planet.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM