1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 AM
ongf001
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new mini in Hawaii

Bought my mini in June - Father's day gift from my wife!
They didn't have the particular model and accessories I wanted in stock so I ended up ordering. Didn't realize how long it takes for a car to go across 2 ponds! Won't get it until mid-August if I'm lucky.
Just got to keep telling myself that patience is a virtue. In the meantime, I'm lining up all the accessories I want to add already...
BTW, has anyone bought the wood dash panels from CarID.com? They look great but I'm nervous about the actual fit and finish. Will they look like pasted on wood veneers or do they really blend in well? I didn't get the English Oak finish because it just didn't suit me but the walnut burl real wood from CarID.com looks pretty good. Opinions?
Can't wait to get motoring...

Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 AM
chris_norcal
Neutral
LSD "trip"?

Hello,

We just bought a British Racing Green with White Bonnets. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr and a Toyo' FJ Cruiser were the runner ups we test drove.

One missing item was the Limited Slip Differential (LSD) as we could not locate a LSD equipped and a GPS/Navagation Package.

We did not want to wait for a factory order.

Can we install an after-market LSD [how much would this cost[?]) and would that void the 4/50 Warrenty, please?

Last edited by chris_norcal; 07-10-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 AM
ran-o-matic
4th Gear
I just picked up an '08 pepper white Clubman. I'm loving it.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:08 PM
corduroy
1st Gear
Hey everone

This a great site, always go here to answer all of my MINI questions. Keep it up!

Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Chemdean
1st Gear
Hi Everyone!
Just purchased a 2007 Cooper S and am loving it. Already considered some modifications and upgrades I would like to do, and discovered this site in my search. Great information! I have learned a lot already, and maybe I can contribute my "2 cents worth" in the future.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Negrita
Neutral
Brand Spankin new to NAM

I am new to NAM!!!! and new to the MINI fam! So excited to get my 09 Clubman S...it was loaded on the ship yesterday...should reach our shores next Thursday, whooohoooo!

Soon as I see her, I'll post pics...aww man is she beautiful, hand tailored to my specs!!!!

See you around!

~Negrita

Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 PM
MrMeMini
Neutral
Hey Guys,
I've been motoring for about 2 years in my First Gen 2004 CooperS. But In the past 2 weeks I have just accepted a job as a salesperson for Hendrick Mini in Charlotte NC. My e-mail is bryan.armbruster@hendrickauto.com. I am thrilled to be a intergral part of the mini community. I am hoping to learn to be a better salesperson through the patrons of this site.

Thank you and happy motoring,

Bryan Armbruster

Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 AM
nate82
Neutral
Hello everyone; I am a newbie to NAM. Picked up my first MINI about two months ago (chili red/black roof). Great website, has greatly helped me thus far. Thank you,
nate82

Old 07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
JCByrdman
1st Gear
Hi everyone!
Well now I am new to the whole MINI thing and even though I have secretly lusted after one since 04... I have not been able to convince the "other half" to let me get one. But, when gas hit $3 to $4 a gallon I was able to use that to my advantage (gee honey, look at all the gas money I will be saving) and made the jump.

Now, keep in mind that I did not go right out and order a new one. I figured that I needed to buy used till I could figure out if it was really for me.....

I am 6' 3" and close to 230...... That's a big guy in a tiny car. I was afraid I would have to rip out the front seats in order to drive it......
But you know what? - Damn if it aint all roomy in it

Old 07-25-2009, 08:52 PM
iheartmyMINI
Neutral
Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi and say that I'm lovin' my "new" 2006 Cooper S convertible. If you see me driving around Bloomfield, NJ say hello!

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-minime.jpg  
Old 08-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Wowmonatana
Neutral
dealers in WA

Where are the trusted dealers in the Seattle area for the 90000 mile check up. We live in MT and don't have any here that I know of. We have friends in WA so want to head there instead of UT. We just went on the BigSkyMini rally over the Beartooth Hwy. What fun with 14 other Minis from all over Mt!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Coonsmini
1st Gear
Hello everybody. Do we wave here as well as on the road?
I am looking forward to meeting many of you others with Minis.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
carjoy
6th Gear
Howdy Coons! Welcome to NAM.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:15 PM
dmagoun
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,
I'm a member of the Tar Heel Mini club and kept hearing about NAM so I decided to join. I have a 2005 Chili Red S and so far have caught the Mod bug and have replaced the S lites with Webs Sport racing wheels and put on MSD plug wires and upgraded the plugs and have an Alta CAI on the way! Hope to learn some more here.
Dylan

Old 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Tsiggy
Alliance Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll wave to ya too....cheers, !!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dmagoun
Hello,
I'm a member of the Tar Heel Mini club and kept hearing about NAM so I decided to join. I have a 2005 Chili Red S and so far have caught the Mod bug and have replaced the S lites with Webs Sport racing wheels and put on MSD plug wires and upgraded the plugs and have an Alta CAI on the way! Hope to learn some more here.
Dylan
Hi Dylan! I MUST SAY...AWESOME stripes!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
dmagoun
1st Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
Hi Dylan! I MUST SAY...AWESOME stripes!!!
Did you check out my It glows post on THMMC. I matched the vinyl from the stripes to the sunroof visor and added a reflective S. The pics are cool.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:50 PM
x uh oh x
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dmagoun
Did you check out my It glows post on THMMC. I matched the vinyl from the stripes to the sunroof visor and added a reflective S. The pics are cool.
VERY nice. When you get a chance, check out MacLeod's new stripes, too! We did hers in black reflective.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:53 PM
dmagoun
1st Gear
Originally Posted by x uh oh x
VERY nice. When you get a chance, check out MacLeod's new stripes, too! We did hers in black reflective.
I saw. Mark told her to post some more night time pics or add some more to her gallary so we could see more. They looked great.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
dnyboy7
Neutral
I guess I'm new here. Been a troll for awhile.
I picked up my MINI back in October from Giorgio/Brad at Vista MINI.
It's a 2009 JCW PW/B hd radio/sirius/xenon/front and rear fogs/multi steering wheel/clear lights

not a lot of mods yet.
H&R springs / painted pieces / smoked lights / shorty antenna / JCW aero kit /

Now for pics.
when I first got her home.

after a couple of mods but not happy with the wheels

what she looks like now.

P.S. in the process of moving to Buffalo, NY. Does anybody know of any clubs in the area?

Old 08-09-2009, 05:19 PM
azmini4moi
Neutral
California mini runs

Dave

I just registered and was wondering where I would look for California mini runs? We just got back from Mini in the Mountains.

Thanks

AZMINI4MOI

Old 08-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Piemma2000
Neutral
Hello from Rhode Island

Hi Everyone:
Just signed up this morning. We do not own a Mini but are looking to buy a used one to start somewhere around 2004-2005. My good friend Stan turned me on to the site and so far it's great.

Paul

Old 08-12-2009, 06:03 PM
europeanclassics
Neutral
Aloha From Hawai'i

Aloha from Hawai'i.

I run a restoration business in Hawai'i, on the Big Island to be specific. Due to intense demand by Mini owners that had it with the available service stations for Mini (1) and their reckless practices, European Classics is beleaguered by Mini enthusiasts from all over the Big Island.

My personal history includes several years as a technician for a Porsche dealer in Reno, Nevada. It was there, that I fell in love with the Mini and our love is an ongoing experience.

As I am originally from the 'Racing-Industry' in Life, the majority of the Mini's I worked on had no problem but the owners wanted me to altercate the gearing of the Cooper S charger and to install the 'Cooper Works' kits.

Last week the first Mini appeared in my new shop here on the Big Island and it has been severely abused, not by the owner though, she is a marvelous person that paid for jobs that had even not been performed at all. A case for the lawyers as much as I can tell.

The car needs to have the oil pan gasket replaced and I was wondering whether you guys in the forum can tell me about eventual problem spots. Not quite sure whether I should take on the task to serve the Mini community here, I am pondering about purchasing the service literature for Minis and the appropriate diagnosis extensions, as the majority of the automobiles I work on don't have ECM's or electronics.

Finally I would not attempt to open myself to a specific owner community without a knowledge backup like your forum.

Looking forward to contribute myself through some 30 year experience in Racing and Restoration.

Mahalo Nui! (Thank You Lots)

Wolfgang Watson

On the images: A broken hinge pin on the right side of the air filter housing lid caused the housing lid to lift considerable and allow foreign material to enter the entire housing area. The invoice states the air filter element was changed in May 2009.
Good one.

All Images are Copyright ©2009 Wolfgang Exel Watson

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-2002-mini-airfilter-housing-lid.jpg   Welcome to NAM-2002-mini-airfilter-housing.jpg   Welcome to NAM-2002-mini-airfilter.jpg  

Last edited by europeanclassics; 08-12-2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Adding image?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
mac_mcs
Neutral
hey everyone. purchased my first on saturday. gorgeous 09 mcs with sport and premium. i love it to death.

hope you see or talk to you later in the forums. later

Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 PM
cef911f1
1st Gear
Hello all. My wife has the Mini but I'm charged with keeping it up, clean, etc. It now has a new problem. It's a 2004 S. The radio jumps from one pre-selected station to the next every few seconds or if in CD mode, changes tracks sporadically. I'm suspicious of the steering wheel button. The problem is intermittent. Anyone else have similar experience?

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM