1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Gizmonious
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone!
I'm a Newbie owner and became a NAM member a while back, but I've never posted anything. I plan on making my Mini more fabulous than she already is, and NAM has a plethora of knowledge! Thanks guys for all the inspiration!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 06:57 PM
CRTommy
1st Gear
New guy with questions

Hello to all,
New to this whole scene, forums, posting and Mini's. I ordered my Chile Red MC on 9/19. At the time the 2010 package was not available. I ordered white bonnet strips, center arm rest and the premium package. The premium package at the time included the now standard MFSW. Checked with my MA asking what exactly my build is since it is listed as premium package on the Mini Lounge. He is not sure and is checking to see what exactly I am getting. $500 swing with the HK sound system. Mini Lounge still shows car as ordered. 866-ASK-MINI says it was scheduled 9/21. I was expecting a 6-8 week delivery. Am I ok? Any thoughts or words of comfort? Thanks!

Old 09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
CallmeD
1st Gear
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and to the MINI concept. I don't own one yet, but I know I want one. I think I've settled on the MCCSa ... it's now trying to decide on the colors!

So how do I go about the ordering process ... is there any "negotiating" for options, or is it standard to pay the "build your own" price on the MINI USA website?

Great information here ... and I will visit often, especially when I finally get my very own MINI Baby!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 PM
curtab7
1st Gear
I went to my local dealer and they told me that they don't negotiate. Of course, I am not a good negotiator! I just went ahead and built my own.

You can go to the site and build your own and find out the price. You can decide from there if you want to haggle over the price or just build your own.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Jerry Williams
Neutral
Hello as a newb

My Mini was delivered this last July on my birthday, 09. I have since gone from Calif. to Maine and back and then back up into Canada to add up 11900 miles in little over a month! I look forward to what I can learn here. Bob, my mini, did an excellent job with no problems carrying 3 adults and luggage with a roof rack, of course.

Jerry

Old 10-01-2009, 05:00 PM
ron-s mini
6th Gear
Welcome - Glad your motoring went so well.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:43 PM
rplocek
Neutral
Love my Mini, looking to know more about them.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:17 PM
curlielox
Neutral
New to Me... suggestions for fellow Mini Cooper bargain hunters

Hello All!

I just took my new (to me) 2008 Silver Mini Cooper S home last night. I couldn't love it more if I had "built it" myself. For anyone looking for a bargain, I thought I'd share my experience. Hope it helps!!

After building my "perfect mini" on the website, the bargain hunter in me was a bit shocked by the sticker price ($35K for everything I wanted- out of my price range). So after a month of failed attempts to negotiate a deal with the dealerships in MD, VA, DC & PA for a new '09 or '10 Cooper S, I found a used '08 model with everything I wanted on the internet at an Acura dealership in Gaithersburg. They were willing to negotiate on price for both the fully loaded Cooper S (navigation, bluetooth/ipod, winterpackage, sport, full leather, premium with 7900 miles for $24,999- incl tax, title,, fees, etc.) and my old car that I needed to trade in. Mini Dealerships are not hurting for business like the rest of the auto dealers, so it might be worth exploring other new/used dealers for a bargain. Good luck!

Can't wait to attend the next Mini event in Maryland!! Does anyone know if/when the next one is to be held?

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-cooking-club-and-new-car-017.jpg   Welcome to NAM-cooking-club-and-new-car-018.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 04:53 PM
ron-s mini
6th Gear
Congratulations -- Welocome

Originally Posted by curlielox
Hello All!

I just took my new (to me) 2008 Silver Mini Cooper S home last night. I couldn't love it more if I had "built it" myself. For anyone looking for a bargain, I thought I'd share my experience. Hope it helps!!

After building my "perfect mini" on the website, the bargain hunter in me was a bit shocked by the sticker price ($35K for everything I wanted- out of my price range). So after a month of failed attempts to negotiate a deal with the dealerships in MD, VA, DC & PA for a new '09 or '10 Cooper S, I found a used '08 model with everything I wanted on the internet at an Acura dealership in Gaithersburg. They were willing to negotiate on price for both the fully loaded Cooper S (navigation, bluetooth/ipod, winterpackage, sport, full leather, premium with 7900 miles for $24,999- incl tax, title,, fees, etc.) and my old car that I needed to trade in. Mini Dealerships are not hurting for business like the rest of the auto dealers, so it might be worth exploring other new/used dealers for a bargain. Good luck!

Can't wait to attend the next Mini event in Maryland!! Does anyone know if/when the next one is to be held?

Old 10-05-2009, 10:05 PM
curtab7
1st Gear
Congrats!! What a great deal on you MINI! Welcome to the club!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 PM
deniseuk
Neutral
New from WA

Hey all,

Just thought I would say hi. I am the proud owner of a 2006 mini cooper s covertible...yeah.

I love this site have been reading lots of the tips, which are going to help me be a good mini owner.

Denise WA

Old 10-15-2009, 09:10 PM
mininow
Neutral
How to post

Hello everyone,

This is a great site, thank you for all the great info. Don't know how to post. Anyone can help. Thank you in advance.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Themajickman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by deniseuk
Hey all,

Just thought I would say hi. I am the proud owner of a 2006 mini cooper s covertible...yeah.

I love this site have been reading lots of the tips, which are going to help me be a good mini owner.

Denise WA
Welcome to the world of Mini owners! This site helps me a lot also, good luck

Old 10-16-2009, 01:15 PM
tlbst1100
Neutral

Hey! We bought my wife an Interchange yellow, manual trans, Cooper S convertible about 2 weeks ago. We've already given the openometer a work out. It's the most fun driving we have had in a while. My last fun small car was a 2003 SVT Focus and I've really missed it. We drove a bunch of expensive european sports cars in the day but, when I decided I wanted to retire one day we dropped that habit. We owned suv's, convertibles, etc. and we traded an suv for the Mini. Well, that has caused my latest "problem", I think I'm headed over to Orlando Mini on Monday to trade my 2008 Ford Escape for a Clubman S for me!! More to come. 2 Minis, I hope that's going to work out.

Glad to be on the list,
Terry

Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 AM
wxviewer
1st Gear
Newbie!

Hello everyone...
New to NAM and MINIs. My wife and I are 2 weeks into our first MINI Clubman . I love it, she's getting used to it(But she loved it when she saw it! ) So here I am, looking to MINImize my footprint and MAXIMIZE the uniqueness of my Clubbie whom we've dubbed EMMA. We're looking into the BlackJack accents. Oh! BTW, has anyone seen a BlackJack roof decal that WASN'T just for the sunroof on a Clubman??? The roof is black and we'd like to do the whole roof. Now I will admit that it has the perminent roof racks(Ugh) and the sunroof, but if we can do it, I'd like the full roof decal. Also looking to change the stock side markers from that eye magnet yellow to the clear lenes, as well as change the scuttles to the BLKJK inserts. Also BLKJK Mirror caps and maybe even the rear view mirror!

So there ya have it, hopefully we'll have a snappy looking vehicle(although its already quite awesome now!

Take care all!

Old 10-18-2009, 02:28 PM
dylnwit
Neutral
Hi, I'm Dylan, and I'm new here, but I've been around classic Mini's, I-4's and forced induction for awhile now (I also have a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD, and my father has a 1977 1275GT Mini). I'm really looking forward to driving this car more, it feels very planted just like my Talon, but rotates into turns much better. I also just want to take a minute and apoligize in advance for any outlandish/stuipd ideas I may come up with as I'm coming from a platform which almost any performance part has already been developed and/or tried, not to mention you pretty much have to do all the mantiance yourself or be rich, as there aren't many places to take one of them anymore. The Talon was a fun car, but it's time for a little bit of a change.

These cars seem like a very promising platform and I can't wait to see what people come up with.

-Dylan

Old 10-18-2009, 04:31 PM
MiniZig
Neutral
Hi everyone!
I've always liked the MINI and wanted one of my one. I got a 2007 oxygen blue MINI Cooper this summer and I love it. This is my first MINI and my first stick shift, so naturally I'm having a lot of fun motoring around.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Bad Mini
1st Gear
Thanks

I bought a 2005 Cooper S, Hyper BLue in September and have been seriously hocked. A friend of mine got me interested in Mini and that was it, He run a shop in Ottawa which is where my car sit now going under some tweaks. glad to be a member. Happy Motoring

Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
mike1023
Neutral
Looking to jump in a new mini cooper s within 1-2months!

Old 10-24-2009, 01:20 PM
rider14
Neutral
Mini for me?

Been thinking mini for a while, haven't pulled the trigger on a new car yet....

Will be using the site to learn, check classifieds, etc.

Nice place you all have here - knowledge aplenty....I intend to plunder it.

- Dan

Old 10-25-2009, 11:28 AM
NickyJ
Neutral
Hello all, I'm NickyJ from England and I've been recommended to NAM by Doug Whalen He makes the fabulous gear ***** and I knit the warmers to go on them

My husband and I are lucky to have a MINI each, I have an Astro Black 2006 Cooper S Works Convertible and he has a 2007 Pepper White Diesel Clubman

We organise the Yorkshire Dales Run every July and this year we had a record 95 MINIs take part

Old 10-25-2009, 03:57 PM
TRPete
2nd Gear
New to the Mini - new to NAM

Hello all:

Just bought an 05 Cooper S, Chili Red with White top. I've had it for 8 days. Man - it is fun to drive

Looking forward to finding out more about the Mini's and where to have fun with them. Live here at the Jersey shore, where most roads are flat and not in good shape. Did put a few miles on it in SE Pa, along some twisty roads

Pete

Old 10-25-2009, 04:05 PM
tlbst1100
Neutral
I picked up the Clubman S last Thursday sooooo that makes two Mini's in two weeks!!! Definitely twice the fun. Made the first trip to the supermarket today, that went okay. Next is the trip to Home Depot, not sure about that.
Terry

Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 PM
MT MCS
Neutral
Howdy All,
I bought my MCS in 2007 driving through Albuquerque in the middle of moving down from the NW to Tx- held all my stuff plus my wife and I, even room to take our salesgirl Mica out for a soda at Sonic. It's been an outstanding car, a real blast to get in and drive.

New to NAM, but I really like all the information posted! You're a great group!

Attached Thumbnails Welcome to NAM-new-mini2.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 06:07 AM
MINI Diva
1st Gear
Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie here from Toronto, Canada... I'm still waiting on receiving my DS/B MCCS... been counting down the weeks/days... I think I'll get it somewhere in between mid to end of Nov.. can't wait!!!

I've been lurking on this forum since Sept trying to get all the info I can and I must say I'm liking what I'm seeing so far... great info and you all seem like very friendly ppl.

I recently sold my 2001 Lexus IS300 which was my baby for 6.5 years... Some other cars I considered was 2010 Toyota Prius, Nissan Cube, Kia Soul, Toyota Matrix, Honda Fit, Audi A3, Mazda3, Mini hatch. I very nearly got the Prius... but then after driving it, I decided I wasn't ready for the CVT feel of not accelerating when you push on the gas pedal. I test drove the Mini Hatch and fell in love lol... but I went for the more practical clubman since I need the cargo space. I must admit I didn't like how long it looked at first, but now after staring at pics, I've gotten used to it and it looks smaller in real life on the road than it does in the showroom.

So that's my story... just wanted to say hi to everyone and keep posting great pics!

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM