1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:34 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Greetings to both JiminiJ and kevtherev...welcome to NAM!

Old 01-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Balboa
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello NAMers,

New member here. Decided to take the plunge after visiting NAM for six months. I'm the owner of an '06 PW/B MCS purchased in November. Our first trip together was the drive out west from Mini of Murray to the SF bay area. Since then we've had many happy motoring miles. Traded up from a BMW 323i with sport package.

Thanks to all you long timers for your sharing your considerable MINI wisdom and experiences - it was tremendously useful during the research and buy process.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Balboa!

Old 02-01-2006, 11:41 AM
oldpaint1
Neutral

Hi,

After White Roof Radio was pointed out to me I thought I should sign up here.
I have a BRG MCS purchased new in May 2004. Some of you might know me from MINI2.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:32 AM
cheesyman
1st Gear
Newbie here....
Hello to all mini enthusiasts........I'm new to your site and hope you don't mind if I'm actually from Asia (from Malaysia, but now working & residing in Singapore). Am driving a March 04 Electric Blue Mini Cooper CVT.

Got to know NAM when doing a Google search ;-)

Have glue myself in front of the NAM site for the last 6 hours, catching up on all the useful information posted by members. Looks like the NAM site will keep me occupied for the weekend (hope the wifey won't complaint! haha!)

hope to meet up with you guys one of these days....

cheers everyone
Kent

Old 02-04-2006, 01:11 PM
SilverRocket
4th Gear
Hello

Hi everybody.

I don't own a Mini (yet) but am seriously considering trading in my VW R32 on an '06 Mini Cooper S in the interests of fuel economy & retaining my drivers license :eek!: .

Been lurking for a few days here trying to get the lowdown on any possible general maintenance issues, stock performance limits, and factory/dealer installed JCW upgrades vs. 3rd party alternatives before I make my decisions on wether/what to order on it. Ideally, I'd like to wind up with less top end for my daily commute and pick up some "tossability" for the occassional autocross event and 2 lane twisty sorties.

Anyways, I'm glad I found this site. Looks like there's some good info to be found here.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Bryan S
Neutral
New site member here. I will be co-driving a Mini S in G-Stock this season. While I don't own a Mini myself (need for family size vehicles and a 1991 Miata that I can't part with), I have talked several people into buying the one. I do wish I had more garage space because the Mini is the first car since the Miata that I felt I HAD to have after driving it.

Anyway, looking forward to a fun autocross season.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Chili Spice
Neutral
Hello MINI Motorers!

I am Chili Spice, proud owner of Enid, the CR/W MCS purchased May 05. I am excited to join the gang. I hope I can get connected with other local members in East Texas. I see many driving our streets but have not met any of you. I have enjoyed motoring about town and hope to do it for many more.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 AM
supe2000
2nd Gear
Hi NAM,
I'm pretty new to this, I currently drive a 2001 VW GTI. I'm planning on trading it in for a MINI pretty soon. For right now I work on my brother's and our friend's dark silver 2003 Cooper S's. I love the cars, and we have a lot of fun. So as soon as I find a BRG S with a few options, and pretty decent mileage, I'll be a proud MINI owner too.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:18 AM
J-Stylez
3rd Gear
Greetings and Salutations

To all the folks here at NAM:

This is my first post as I am now an official MINI owner and part of the club.

I took delivery of Darkness!, my AB/W MCS, just two weeks ago and after an inspiring though respectful break-in period, I'm in complete awe of this remarkable automobile. Subsequently, motoring has become a near religious experience. You see, other than taking a ride in a friends CR/W MCS and playing tons of GT4 with an MCS, I had never even test drove a MINI before I took delivery. I just had faith that it was the most incredible driving machine under $30K. After taking delivery of Darkness! via trailer from Baron MINI in Kansas, my faith was not to be forsaken.

Though very new to this family, I'm certainly proud to be apart of it. Thank you in advance to the members of NAM.

Much respect!

J

Old 02-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Ruri Ruri
Neutral
Well, not areally a new member but just dropped off the forum for a while due to lack of computer. I am the proud owner of an '02 MINI Copper/indie blue with white top and currently live in the northern part of Atlanta.

Old 02-11-2006, 02:19 PM
dukiebluedoc
1st Gear
'zonie newby waits while "Rory" births in Oxford

Hi y'all
My MCSC CR/B, black bonnet stripes and some packages is on the line at Oxford right now, so I am hoping he will arrive at Classic Mini in a little over a month--I'm pondering the best way to get him here to Arizona.
Many years ago when I was a naval officer I had an MGB convertible--brief test drive at Mini of North Scottsdale brought back that thrill and I was sold,lock stock and barrel. Given the intolerable delay in ordering a MCSC through my "home" dealer I followed the advice of many posters on this site and called Julie Saxa at Classic--she has been a joy to deal with, so I will get my hands on "Rory" in late March instead of a year from now!
Can't wait--must wait
Caroline in Cave Creek

Old 02-11-2006, 02:38 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM J, Ruri, and dukie...find info, have fun, but above all make yourself at home!!!

Special greetings to Ruri from another enthralled IB/W owner.
J, way to keep the faith, man!! Motoring is transcendent at times isn't it??
dukie, excellent call on working w/ Julie!! Nice!!

Old 02-12-2006, 10:52 AM
vazquezgordo
3rd Gear
Hello

I just wanted to say hi. I am new to this website. Are there any people from Puerto Rico registered here besides myself.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Panhead
1st Gear
New guy

Hi I don't have a mini as of yet but am currently looking at a couple of old ones. I have a few Harleys I want to sell to get my self a mini. Hope to learn alot here.
Panhead
Denver, CO

Old 02-13-2006, 12:01 PM
polizei
6th Gear
I'm new also! I'm also a member of Minicooperforums and MINI2. I will hopefully have a MINI within 4-6months! It will be a 02-03' used MCS. I can't wait. Waiting is killing me! I've been saving up for over a year now, and I'm ready to just get one already! I would LOVE to buy a new 06' Checkmate ($28k) but I just don't have the money. That would keep me saving into the year new, approx. January-March.

-Cody!

Old 02-13-2006, 12:03 PM
tpotts
Neutral
DSC vs. LSD?

Hello all,

I just ordered a 2006 MCS. I am perplexed about dynamic stability control and limited slip differential compatability. One sales person said you should not order both because the LSD will override the DSC and make it worthless. I have never had an auto with DSC and don't know much about it. I drive hard, will add performance mods and plan to track the car on occasion. Should I order both or stick with the LSD?

Thanks,

tom

Old 02-13-2006, 05:30 PM
singkat
1st Gear
Hola!

I'm a new member and loving my Mini. Just trying to catch up on everything I've missed and researching new events for me and Minipenny to attend.

I have both DSC and LSD and I still slip a little when going over RR tracks, etc. Haven't discovered if there is a big difference having the LSD. (My old car had DSC.)

Ciao!
Kat
'06 BRG/W JCW MCS

Old 02-13-2006, 08:18 PM
BLU-RCR
Neutral
Hello all,

I am soon to be hook on Mini, better still I am already hooked on Mini. I have ordered my Mini and I have 30 days to modify. I need guidance on MCS or MC automatic and already read some of your input. But still confused. I live in Los Angeles and trying to be within the budget.

Salesman suggested MCS automatic because MC lacks power. Please share your experience on automatic Minis. You think the bug is over on MCS 06 model?

Thanks in advance.

Confused Mini2006

For now I ordered MCS Automatic.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:33 AM
kiddoc
1st Gear
Hi all!

Just a quick hello from another newbie. My '06 MCS (hyper blue/white) is currently "scheduled for production I can't wait to get out there and start motoring. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) my dealer is ~400 miles away, so I'll get a good long drive that first day. More specs and pix when she gets here.

Karl

Old 02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
dtimbrown
Neutral
new owner to a MINI and have not had time to post, too busy driving ! i find myself making errands to nowhere just to drive. i live in the knoxville, tn area only 30 miles or so from the dragon. MOTD 2006 is going to be awesome!

Old 02-16-2006, 07:03 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dtimbrown
i find myself making errands to nowhere just to drive.
Perfectly normal. Welcome!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Scooper_06
1st Gear
Buying a MCS in a few months - need ur recommendation

Im looking at getting a 06 MCS hatch in a few months. Any recommendations on the options? I built my mini with the following options and would like to get some thoughts or feedback on my choices.

1. Cold Weather Pkg
2. iPod accessory (is there a way to hook up an ipod to the sound system w/o getting this accessory?
3. Security alarm system
4. DCS

And does the CD player play MP3 or ACC music files?

I will be awaiting your resposes.

Originally Posted by J-Stylez
To all the folks here at NAM:

This is my first post as I am now an official MINI owner and part of the club.

I took delivery of Darkness!, my AB/W MCS, just two weeks ago and after an inspiring though respectful break-in period, I'm in complete awe of this remarkable automobile. Subsequently, motoring has become a near religious experience. You see, other than taking a ride in a friends CR/W MCS and playing tons of GT4 with an MCS, I had never even test drove a MINI before I took delivery. I just had faith that it was the most incredible driving machine under $30K. After taking delivery of Darkness! via trailer from Baron MINI in Kansas, my faith was not to be forsaken.

Though very new to this family, I'm certainly proud to be apart of it. Thank you in advance to the members of NAM.

Much respect!

J

Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
MJO MINI
2nd Gear
MINI Lovin'

MJO MINI here! We are the proud owners of a 2005 PS/B MCS Cabrio (purchased in August 05). Heard about NAM through friends in our C3 MINI club (www.c3club.org). Looking forward to learning everything "MINI". Hope you are all attending AMVIV III in Las Vegas in March!

Send a shout out!

Old 02-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Rick Jollay
Neutral

I just purchased a 2005 S model. I've had it for 6 days and just received my first speeding ticket in 28 years. Not sure if the Judge will understand, but this Mini can't do 55. My Mini is Black on Black and chromed out. I picked the Mini over a Harley Davidson. Some people think I'm crazy, but they just don't understand. Once I drove a Mini, I had to have one. I work 20 minutes from the Dragon so I'm sure I'll see a few of you around. Later! Welcome to NAM-1c_12.jpg

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM