1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:40 PM
LucyGoose
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LucyGoose

LucyGoose and I are planning to be at the Dragon. This will be her second time at the Dragon, but my first. LucyGoose is a previously loved 03 MC BRG with what I think is supposed to be an Irish flag decal on the roof. The green,white and orange stripes run along the length of the roof rather than across. She's named after my dog Lucy who looks like an Irish breed of terrier -the Glen of Imaal- but isn't.

Carol

Old 02-19-2006, 08:42 PM
pinkMINIgirl
3rd Gear
I just joined NAM and am excitedly awaiting my MINI. Serendipity should be delivered to me somewhere around the 27th of this month. She should be getting into Charleston tomorrow (I think). Once I recieve her, I will be taking her to be painted pink. We are still working on the color, and I should hopefully have a samle this week! With one MINI already in the family - my husband will have to man-up to drive mine! Can't wait for the Dragon!

Old 02-19-2006, 08:58 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
pink, so stoopidgirl is not going to be alone

welcome on board

Old 02-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Iggy-MCS
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Rick Jollay
I just purchased a 2005 S model. I've had it for 6 days and just received my first speeding ticket in 28 years. Not sure if the Judge will understand, but this Mini can't do 55. My Mini is Black on Black and chromed out. I picked the Mini over a Harley Davidson. Some people think I'm crazy, but they just don't understand. Once I drove a Mini, I had to have one. I work 20 minutes from the Dragon so I'm sure I'll see a few of you around. Later! Attachment 10935
got my first ticket after about 400 miles... I feel your pain. See you at the dragon!

Old 02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
VBG
3rd Gear
Rick,

Got my 06 in November, like you, no tickets in 30+ years of driving. I somehow have avoided a ticket in the Mini so far. I'm sure I deserve at least one.

I'm in California, rode motorcycles for 30+ years, last bike was a nice vintage Shovel Head Harley that I gave up with great anxiety when my 2 sons started admiring it too much -- we've decided they won't ride while they live in our home so had to be fair about it.

Despite loving and missing motorcycles, I'm convinced the MCS is the most fun you can have on the road without a helmet. Period.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:46 AM
scholli
1st Gear
My first post

Hey all,

Ordered my Mini last Saturday and have joined the ranks of the crazed (checking the Owner's Lounge constantly through the day to see if my status has changed, calling ASK MINI when I should be working... ) I'm in Week 9 and my dealer thinks I'll be getting my Mini the beginning of April. I can't wait!

Ordered:

-MCS
-HB/W
-Cold weather package
-Xenons
-H/K
-Black Leatherette
-HB interior
-Anthracite headliner

Can't wait to get her/him (will find out whether it's a he or she when I finally get behind the wheel). Right now, checking out cocomats and trying to decide whether I should order them now or wait...

Old 02-24-2006, 11:49 AM
*Isabella*
1st Gear
Hi everyone,

Obviously I'm new around these parts.

I'm a Mini fan...but not an owner (just yet). I guess you could say my love for the Mini started with my boyfriend...he has a wonderful Cooper S of his own.

So, someday I'll be behind the wheel of my very own automobile obession, but for now, I shall just read along.

Oh, and I'll be at my first MOTD this year!

Woot.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:21 PM
QandElf
Shadetree Modder
New Member, Long time Owner

Hello All,

Picked up my '04 MINI Cooper S while stationed overseas, been looking for MINI friends for the last year. Recently joined a local MINI group, but looking for more help. Recently decided to upgrade and 'trick' out my MINI, but I want a more Euro or American look, not Asian Ricer (ie- Chrome, not Carbon Fiber). Anyone in the Puget Sound area who wants some help, and willing to help, send me a line. On top of that, how does one get into the friendly Autocross / Street Rally circuit for MINIs? Or some MINI runs to show off the greatest car ever?

C U Around,
Dave Q
Welcome to NAM-dave.jpg

Old 02-28-2006, 06:48 AM
RicFanRat
Neutral
Hi all!
I've had my new-to-me 03 DS/DS MCS since January and have never been so totally, completely in love with a car before! I have been lurking for awhile, but I decided to dive in and post a hello! I hope to do some autocross later in the year and am now considering going to MOTD since it is relatively close to where I live. Nice to "meet" you and I look forward to learning more!

Old 03-03-2006, 12:44 PM
CooperStL
2nd Gear
Hello all. New member, MINI owner from '04 til ............

Old 03-04-2006, 04:55 AM
manny
Neutral
I just picked up my new actualy my wifes new mini she hasn't driven it yet I think it's great

Old 03-04-2006, 04:58 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Manny!

Old 03-05-2006, 09:39 AM
stevecars60
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New NAM

Best to all... I hope that this posts...
My Mini is a 2003 S Indy blue / Alpine white..
Anybody from western MA?
I've been tryng to post to this site without any luck... privilage thing??

Old 03-05-2006, 12:22 PM
LivNLegacy
1st Gear
New lurker

hello all....new lurker here....currently own two modded subarus....but have always loved the MCS....off to searching and lurking for me....I know nothing about the MCS other than the basics....also hoping to find a modded MCS owner in Austin to check out their setup and maybe trade testdrives with my legacyGT ??

Old 03-05-2006, 01:50 PM
PHB
Neutral
New To Forum Mini mild depression

First time i have ever joined a Forum. Friends tell me it will help my mini-depression. See, I bought by 2005 chili red mini in a quick time to get rid of my golf moment of good salesmanship. SO I did not get to build my own and really feel like I missed out. I ma particularly daily angry about the sport seats red/black, which are dirty and awful. Plus the constant noise by the run flat wheeels and odd jiggly sounds of the dash. And why didn't I up grade the audio and get leather!!

there i said it.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:31 PM
dejays411
1st Gear
New MCS Owner

HI THERE IM NEW TO THE FORUM AND A NEW MCS OWNER, JUST GOT A USED 2003 MCS, GREAT CAR VERY FAST. I WORK ON A LOT OF DIFFERENT CARS AND LATELY I GOT A CHANCE TO WORK ON A 67 COOPER S THAT NEEDED A CLUTCH, THAT WAS FUN. AFTER THE FIRST TEST DRVIE I WAS HOOKED, I GOT THE MCS AT A GOOD PRICE AND IT AREADY HAD A LOT OF UPGRADES DONE.

THANKS

Old 03-05-2006, 04:56 PM
carbonized
3rd Gear
lurking is over

I have been the happy owner of a '04 dark silver MCS for over 2 years (21000 miles). As many of us are, I 'm a mod-oholic; some I buy from dealers, some I concoct myself in my garage .This site as played a large part in my addiction so, its time to post! (If I can figure how this thing works)

Last edited by carbonized; 03-05-2006 at 07:37 PM. Reason: add signature
Old 03-05-2006, 07:07 PM
minimeister
1st Gear
New and ready to motor

Hello everyone,

I just bought my new Mini on Saturday. I was so excited that I forgot to clear out my old vehicle. Yes, after driving the Mini, all the rest are just plain vehicles.

I met Luke at Hendricks and he definitely has a sweet ride. BTW, congrats on the retirement Luke.

I am still learning the capabilities of mine so I added several miles today.

Hope to be an active member for years to come.

See ya.

Andy

Old 03-06-2006, 09:14 AM
tweek
Neutral
I have had my Mini for a few months he is a CR/B MCS and I love the fun of driving him!! I have posted on Mich. Mini Motor club but this is my first time posting on NAM. I am not very cumputer savy and NAM was a bit much at the time. now I am getting better. I like hot rods and vintage Triumph motorcycles. This car and the people are a great thing.
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY JOY

Old 03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
subaruwrx420
Neutral
Hello.

I've joined the forum because my dad has a 2005 MCS. He doesn't have time to surf the forums as much as I make time for. We are interested in upgrading the suspension for autocross and more spirited driving.

Hopefully we can perform the installs ourselves with the help of some local members

I have a Subaru wrx as my screen name says. We are planning on buying a POS Subaru for rallyx as well.

Looking forward to lurking around.

Thanks.

-Jorge

Old 03-12-2006, 02:13 AM
cushin14
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ashobe
Hello everyone,

I just bought my new Mini on Saturday. I was so excited that I forgot to clear out my old vehicle. Yes, after driving the Mini, all the rest are just plain vehicles.

I met Luke at Hendricks and he definitely has a sweet ride. BTW, congrats on the retirement Luke.

I am still learning the capabilities of mine so I added several miles today.

Hope to be an active member for years to come.

See ya.

Andy
Welcome to the site!

Old 03-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Nemesis
1st Gear
New guy

Hey All.. I jumped in and ordered my MINI in Feb and am part of the Week 10 Production group. Still can't make my way away from the computer. Called ASK-MINI, checking WW site religiously and now waiting for the trek across the pond.

Sure glad you guys are here..yet havn't seen the family all weekend.

We are in 2006 and nobody has figured out that instant transportation thingamagig yet .

Well back to lurking.. Hmm wonder where the Integrity is??

Spec:
MCSCa, PS, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Black Bonnet Stripes

Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 AM
fuzzeh
Neutral
I'm a long-time lurker, and just thought I'd say howdy.

Howdy.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:32 AM
cabrien
Neutral
Hello everyone! I just signed up today and I'm happy to be here!

I see Minis on the road all the time, but have never had the chance to drive one or even sit in one for that matter! I saw one at the Columbus Auto Show last Saturday and I was amazed at how much leg room I had! I'm 6'6" and had to put the seat forward a little to get a good driving position. I've managed to talk the wife into letting me do a test drive one of these days, but buying one, that'll be another story! I'll really have to work on her for that!

Old 03-17-2006, 10:18 AM
dsmatl
Neutral
I've been tooling around NAM for awhile now, but never posted. I adopted Evelyn in the spring of 2004 and have enjoyed motoring ever since. She had only 11,000 miles on her, now she's got 45K, but every mile has been a blast.

If you click on my profile, you can view Evelyn's small gallery.

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM