1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to NAM

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 11:33 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to NAM

To our new members, this forum is for you. For anyone still lurking, here are some reasons to register. Whichever category you fall into, I'm glad you found us. Welcome.

This forum was created as a place for new members to find out a bit about what NAM has to offer and as a place you can make some initial posts, get your toes wet, so to speak, and get over any butterflies (if any) that you may have about posting. Why not introduce yourself, your MINI, or the MINI daydreams rolling through your head. :smile:

To our current and long term members, please take an opportunity to welcome the new members and also try to remember what it was like to make one of your first posts. Your helpful participation in making this forum a success is appreciated.

This next section is one we all could probably stand to review. If anyone has any additions they'd like to see made, please Private Message (PM) me.

Your Account

- There are several FAQ's (answers to frequently asked questions) that deal with subjects ranging from changing your profile, password, signature, and other features related to your account.

- There are also FAQ's for the personal gallery space you have access to as a member of NAM. They also go into detail about how to post a picture.

About North American Motoring

- As you check out the site, be sure to look into MINI Talk for discussions related to general MINI enjoyment, Beneath the Bonnet for warranty and service issues, the technical forums ( Interior & Exterior Modifications, Performance Mods :: Drivetrain and Suspension, Audio, Tires & Wheels ), our Near Topic Forums (Camera & Video, and Travel Stories), the Competition Forums, Off Topic, and the Club & Regional forums.

-There is a lot of information already available on NAM, so please try to use the Search Function. Reviewing the search results may answer your question OR it may help you better phase your question to get a better response.

-Be sure to check out the How-tos compiled by NAM member RandyBMC. There is a lot of helpful information in each of the How-tos to help guide you through most modifications if you decide to tackle them on your own.

- Have questions or feedback about the site? Please post in our Site Feedback forum or if you'd like to discuss something off the forums, please feel free to PM DiD (Dave) or Mark

Once again, welcome to North American Motoring. :smile:

Dave
Admin., North American Motoring

Last edited by dave; 11-29-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Pelwyn
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From BMW to MINI

Last edited by Pelwyn; 12-21-2004 at 05:20 AM. Reason: My long-winded introduction should have been a new thread?
Old 12-25-2004, 05:41 PM
Jollynut
2nd Gear
OK, so why are there no replies to this thread??? :smile:

I am new here, and this looked like the ideal place to start, but it seems that there is no life here anyway!!!!

Oh well, not like I didn't try!!!

HAPPY JOLLIDAYS everyone.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:45 PM
hewent2paris
1st Gear
Great source of info!!!

I have already benefitted from this website! All my questions were answered as to putting XM in my 03 MCS. CooperB and others were extremely knowledgable and helpful. Can't wait to pick the brains of others down the road.

Chris

Old 02-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Don't forget to check into a "Can't Wait For [month] Club" over in the MINI Talk forum once you've gotten your feet wet in here! Those threads will help you bond with fellow build date buddies, learn how to track your vehicles production and shipping progress, as well as smoothing out the delivery process.

Cheers,
Ryan :smile:

Old 02-24-2005, 05:56 PM
BLUE
Neutral
Long time reader, first time writer

Just wanted to say Hi and find out how this works. Anyone heard about the EAST Mini Meet?

Old 02-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Johnny L
4th Gear
Hi, All!

Glad to be part of the group. I am currently "Scheduled for Prduction with no build date yet," according to 866 ASK MINI.

Here's what I'm gettin':

'05 MCS (March build)
Black w/White roof and bonnet stripes
Sports pack w/ "web" wheels
Cloth
Chrome int.
Hk Sound.

I'm in California but I bought at MINI of Murray in Salt Lake City. I'll be road tripping back home, hopefully, in late April/early May. I'll be sure to post pics

Thanks!

Old 03-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Blu Frnz
Neutral
First Time Post

Hello All!

Wanted to let you know, looking forward to the Dragon in May! Anyone in the Cincy area that wants to rally down, let me know!

Happy Motoring!

Blu Frnz

Old 03-27-2005, 06:09 AM
dcummings
1st Gear
getting out of neutral

Checking in. Have been a member. (observer) for a long time. Have learned alot about Minis through other peoples discusions, (arguements). I am enjoying My Mini more with each new modification.
Hope to be able to contribute something useful myself in the future.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:44 AM
socalminiS
Neutral
the new guy

i just wanted to say hi to everyone since im new to the mini scene. ive used forums before but i really like the setup of this one, very easy and basic to the point stuff. so im gonna see what i find but otherwise i love the car and i hope i learn more then i wanted here.

Old 04-02-2005, 01:07 PM
MiniRiderBill
2nd Gear
Thanks for the welcome. I've had Spike since the 27th of dec 2004. He was my xmas present to me . I've got almost 4000 miles on Spike so I guess I'm still a rookie. My wife Nancy and I just got back from a trip to Virginia from Mississippi. 2000 uninterupted miles, I'm still smiling . We can't make the Dragon Run this year so we're planning for the next one. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun everyone enjoy:smile:

Old 04-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Sembers
Neutral
Mini on the way

I ordered my MCSC on Feb 26th, and it is just now in production, with a scheduled completion date of 4/9. I'm anxiously awaiting my new thrill ride. I've been driving a Mini Van for 5 years now, and I'm definitely ready for a change of pace. I've ordered a Cool Blue Metallic Sport Convertible with Black Bonnet stripes, black convertible top, chrome line exterior and interior, 17 inch web spokes, illuminated door sills, black Panther leather, and packages include Cold Weather, Convenience Package, Sport Package, and Premium Packages. I also added the Mini alarm system, and the shopping bag holder. My gracious MA offered to throw in the floor mats after I tried to negotiate a better price (knowing I wouldn't get one, but hey, it never hurts to try). I went totally crazy the first 5 weeks just waiting for the status to change from "On Order", and now I know it should be done any day now, and ready to head to the docks to get put on a ship!

Old 04-06-2005, 12:03 PM
dcummings
1st Gear
New Mini

Sounds really nice. Are you in Va?

Old 04-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Bar10girl
3rd Gear
New to Forum

Hi everybody,
I will be picking up my 2005 PW/B MCS this week. I'm purchasing it from a private party seller and it only has 3,000 miles on it. I have put off basically everything this week for the new arrival. I love all the information that I am getting from this site and you guys are hilarious!! The only thing that I don't have is the LSD, and I really wanted that!! Thanks everybody!!! See you on the road!

Bar10girl

Old 04-25-2005, 04:53 AM
dcummings
1st Gear
Welcome

Glad to hear about your new arrival. If you are in the Va. area, check into www.rivercityminis.org.

Old 05-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Blazer503
Neutral

Hello everyone,

I'm another newbie, and I'm just checking in. Been monitoring the site for a while off-and-on, but I was spotted and felt I should reply. I have a preowned 02 MCS - and I love it!

My daily route in so cal is 118, 405, 105 and Sepulveda. Hope to see some of you!

Keith
02 MCS PS/B w/C3 Sticker

Old 05-07-2005, 05:18 PM
///MINI
1st Gear
Hi there!

Another new NAM guy here from Marina del Rey. Hope to see you motoring around.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Lucas
Neutral

One more member of this illustrious group. I have had my MCs for 3 weeks and love it; a few modifications for us taller driver need to be made. The forums have already been very helpful. I look forward to chatting with the group.

Old 05-11-2005, 02:14 AM
DaveTinNY
6th Gear
Also a newbie here having ordered my MCSm HB/B SunRoof, Prem.Pack., SportPack., LSD, RearFog, Xenons, H/K, (full toggles!) etcetera, on April 1st. Should be finished on FRIDAY and then hopefully SOON after that on a W&W ship bound for me here in the NY metro area. Gads, I can't wait!!
Dave

Old 05-11-2005, 02:29 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ///MINI
Another new NAM guy here from Marina del Rey. Hope to see you motoring around.
I live near you in Mar Vista, ///MINI! I'm on my annual cross-country MINI roadtrip (just went to The Dragon for a week), and you should see me motoring around by the first of June! Welcome to NAM and PM me if you have any questions about the site. :smile:

Clover

Old 05-13-2005, 07:39 PM
lhoboy
6th Gear
Hello Y'all

Bought myself an '02 MCS on eBay for Christmas this past winter and been smiling ever since. It came with the Premium pkg, cold weather pkg, Sport Suspension plus, DSC, R-85 wheels, front fog lamps, leather, PDC and Nav. I've since added the JCW tuning kit ('05), JCW grilles, driving lamps, rear fogs, and the iPod adapter. And sitting in front of me are a Quaife LSD, a short shifter kit, and an unused transmission (stripped from a Mini Mania project car) that I hope has the '05 gear ratios, all of which will go in once I figure out the transmission mystery. Anyone know what model, serial or casting numbers are associated with the '02-'04 and '05 6 speed transmissions, respectively?

Old 05-17-2005, 08:32 AM
mrkoenig3
1st Gear
I wish mine had come with all the goodies. Can any of this be retro'd for my 03S?

Old 05-17-2005, 06:16 PM
BUMBL BEE
Neutral
Great Site!

I got a terrific deal on a 2003 MCS about 10 days ago. I was referred to NAM for info and have already profited from the sage advice of the participants. My Mini is yellow with the black top, but you probably already figured that out from my login name. I am a long-time SCCA road racer and have owned a lot of cars and bikes. I am a member of BMWCCA and am a BMW high performance driving instructor. I love Bimmers (cars) and Beemers (bikes). My Mini handles as well as either of my previously owned M-3s (1989 and 1997)! It shows its heritage.

My Mini has a shortshift kit, a Scorpion stainless dual exhaust and ProMINI gauge cluster. A new rear sway bar is coming, but I think I won't dink with the suspension too much - it is mighty fine out of the box. BWM did a good job with the car and this forum shows the interest that was there for them to tap. BUMBL lives in Santa Fe and is not alone in New Mexico. NMMINI is our state club and they are very active.

Now, how does one proceed through the gears? Am I now in first? And since this is my third post, how come I was still in neutral? And, what do all of those codes mean in members signatures? (I can see that they are various options, but is there a "library" that tells what they all mean?).

This forum is a great resource and is well run. Keep it up

Old 05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Elmann
1st Gear
FIrst Post

Happy to be here!

Old 05-23-2005, 02:43 PM
tom64taylor
1st Gear
Hello!!!

Hi Everyone!
I got to know this sight through members of our club, Mid-South MINIacs! I went to the Tail of the Dragon and loved all the things to do as well as all the great people I met. I hope to learn more on this site as I am constantly modifying my MINI - I think a Doctor should diagnose it as MINIatis!!!

Quick Reply: Welcome to NAM