1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New and Need your support.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 11:10 PM
ala1129
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
New and Need your support.

I am a new owner of a Mini 2002 with 2003 Supercharge engine. The previous owner had swapped the engine and transmission from a 2003 model donor.
Because it is a project so the I bought the car with a mind set to continue to finish where it left off. The car is running at the time I pick up with many light error. Car ran short distance and appear to be overheat. So, I towed it home.
I had been working on this car slowly. The car had been abused by the many other owner. And I try to put it back to life.
I had been taking component apart and refresh as much as I can. Supercharge: new seals, fresh oil, new water pump, new thermal stat... Engine seem like OK but with the overheat problem, new radiator, fan, and radiator support (found used base model with lot of cut, modified, and damage parts). Power Steering pump without oil, leak... Replace a new one, and new fan. CV boot damaged , axle damaged, front bearing damaged: all replaced. Because it is a S engine therefore the battery cannot be in the base, I am working on the cable to move it to the trunk. Found a hitch installed, the trunk's well was modified to accommodate the hitch. I am working slowly to put thing in order. The car is a modified. I have found some cable but I cannot find where it should be connected to.
I have replaced new transmission fluid, fresh oil, whatever fluid in the car I changed them new. excepted the brake fluid as it is still clear.
Can I ask you to help me to figure thing out?
I will try to give a clear explanation, or possible a picture.
I hope I have all the part to put this car back and start it up by next week end. I have to work during the week. I only have few hours a day to work on this car.
Can a regular ODBII reader use on this car? I found Carly does not support this model.
Your support is greatly appreciated. I just dont want this car is being abandon... And hope it can be my baby.
AL

Old 04-13-2020, 07:28 AM
cooper48
6th Gear
Received 575 Likes on 464 Posts
Yes, a regular OBDII reader should work with your Mini. It will read and define codes, however, it will not necessarily allow you to cancel all codes. You will need a more sophisticated, more expensive scanner for that.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:32 PM
ala1129
1st Gear
Need some support to identify what is this connector.

My first question:

I found this connector right on top of the this appear to be ECU box. Please help show me where is the missing link.
2002 base model has with 2003 S engine and 6 speeds transmission.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:12 PM
ala1129
1st Gear
Thank you for the information. AL

Old 04-14-2020, 05:40 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,862 Posts
Schwaben scan tool will work.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172