1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Time Mini Owner, Long Time Driver!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 09:01 AM
Jon Magor
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Time Mini Owner, Long Time Driver!

Greetings everyone,

my parents both previously owned/owns a mini which is why I have driven then previously, but I finally caved and bought my own after totaling my Scion. I fit my hands on a 2011 Countryman, which I love. I've just this past weekend had to replace the head gasket myself and aside from having to take off the entire front bumper, I thought was relatively easy. I'm super eager to do some mods and and looking for some suggestions. Anything outside the box? Everything I see is pretty norm. I want to do a matte black wrap as my first and go from there.

Old 07-19-2020, 12:52 PM
Jason Cornelius
6th Gear
Received 576 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon Magor
Greetings everyone,

my parents both previously owned/owns a mini which is why I have driven then previously, but I finally caved and bought my own after totaling my Scion. I fit my hands on a 2011 Countryman, which I love. I've just this past weekend had to replace the head gasket myself and aside from having to take off the entire front bumper, I thought was relatively easy. I'm super eager to do some mods and and looking for some suggestions. Anything outside the box? Everything I see is pretty norm. I want to do a matte black wrap as my first and go from there.
if you want to go performance, getting rid of the turbo muffler and noise make delete will help the turbo spool up a bit faster and give you back about 1.5 lbs of boost. Lower engine mount is one of your cheaper mods, bigger intercooler helps cool do intake temps, if you get a good one, some of the eBay ones are junk. Intake will give you the fun turbo sounds when coming out of boost, but I have seen a rise in intake temps of 2-4 degrees while moving due to the design. I could write a book, look up how to maintain a stage 2 r56, a lot of good tips in there to follow.