1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member and mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 07:07 AM
Jonathan Jones
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New member and mini owner

Hello all. I'm Jon and I'm from the southwest corner of Virginia. Thanks to my nephews poor decision and inability to see problems with vehicles, I am now the owner of 2010 cooper s hatchback!
So heres a little background on this r56. My nephew decided his 2003 350z wasn't fast enough and started his search to trade for a turbo car. Low and behold he finds the cooper and makes the trade. On his drive home with it the temp gauge and check engine light comes on and it goes into limp mode! The dealership he was doing detail work at put it on a rack and said it needed a water pump because of a massive leak. I towed the vehicle to my house and put it in my backyard and told him I'd fix it if he bought parts. A new water pump to water housing pipe fixed the leak but it was evident a large amount of stop leak had been used in the vehicle because it was caked in the water housing and in the head just behind the housing! I also made the determination that a head gasket was needed along with all the chop job crap some kid without the money to buy proper parts that needed to be redone. The car sat for 3 months before he decided he didnt have the money to dive into the project. Now the car is mine, I tore it down took the engine and trans out and im rebuilding the motor from the crank up and replacing everything that I see needs it and some things that maybe don't need replaced to. Ill make some more.posts soon to show my current progress. Ive used some info from this forum already that I've found extremely helpful so I definitely needed to join and get active!
Below are the only 2 pre tear down pictures I have.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:05 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Welcome, I hope you get it sorted and we can help with any parts you need.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 03-26-2021, 03:37 PM
Jonathan Jones
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Im planning a full downpipe back exhaust. What is the price on the wmw exhaust system. I wouldn't need the downpipe ive already got a new aftermarket one as I sold the stock one to make a little $ toward my project. Website says call for current price on it.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:22 PM
Jonathan Jones
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Im looking at your complete 2.5" exhaust. How much does it run minus the downpipe?