1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long time owner, 1st time poster

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 08:48 AM
blumin'
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
long time owner, 1st time poster

Hi,

My wife and I ordered our electric blue MINI in early '02 and picked it up in June. It is still as much fun to drive now as it was then. Compared to many (most?) on this forum, I have done very little to it; My mods are a Euro Parcel Shelf, Glove box organizer, 540i 6-speed leather shift **** (highly modified to fit, but the shift pattern is correct) and carbo-tech "bobcat" compound brake pads (which I do not like- I will switch to Rotex, which work very well on our Audi 200 qa). I have plans to install the rear fog-light switch panel (purchased, but not installed) and will someday figure out how to make a low washer warning light. I bought, but did not install, 16" wheels with Toyo Proxes 4 tires. Neither my wife not I like the way they look, so they'll be for sale soon.

That's all for now. I look forward to learning from, and I hope contributing to, this site.

Thanks

Dave (aka Blumin')

Old 01-14-2005, 09:04 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Welcome Dave. I to have an EB/W MCS that I picked up in August 02. Like you I have no significant mods and don’t plan to do any to this MCS, but my next one is a whole different story.

Have you had any real problems with your MINI?

Enjoy the NAM board. You'll find loads of great information here.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:11 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Dave,

Welcome to NAM I guess it's a little late to say congrats on you new MINI

Where are you located? Do you have photos of the wheels?

Earl

Old 01-14-2005, 09:22 AM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the online tribe Dave,

You've obviously been a member of the MINI tribe for quite a while. I've been the keeper of an IB/W MCS since 10/02 (part of the first batch of MCSes in IB). While there are fewer engine performance mods available for the MC than MCS, this site should still serve you well for acquiring and hearing how well some mods work (or don't). We are an eclectic and eccentric tribe so surf all of the forums to find your groove before writing us off as lunatics . Again, welcome.

MGC

Old 01-14-2005, 12:47 PM
blumin'
Neutral
Thanks for all the kind words. To answer some questions:

Originally Posted by sndwave
Have you had any real problems with your MINI?
Some problems, all resolved I think. In order of severity:

1. Water pump seal/gasket catastrophic failure. I discovered this in our driveway, so it was relatively un-troublesome. Car was towed and WP replaced.

2. Ubiquitous repeat air-bag-light-on problem. We think has been fixed with the connectors

3. Paint on hood being rubbed off by seal gasket by latch. Fixed with add-on rubbing shield from later model

4. Floppy window glass. Fixed with update

Originally Posted by Earl
Where are you located? Do you have photos of the wheels?
I am near Boston. I have a set of pictures, but they are at home. I can post them over the weekend. I plan to put them in "for sale". They are a double 5 spoke design, and I cann't remember the brand (its a somewhat obscure australian company). I'll send you PM if that's doable.

Originally Posted by MGCMAN
Again, welcome
Thanks for the kind welcome

Keep motorin'

Dave