1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini's are quirky

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2023 | 03:08 PM
milow
|
Neutral
Mini's are quirky

Hello. I am new to the group and relatively new to Mini's. I used to be a mechanic and have always done my own car maint and modifications. I am fairly ignorant on Mini's and as such I am hoping you can help with some curious issues with my car.
I bought an 09 Cooper S Clubman with manual trans about a year ago. It had a bad oil leak which I fixed, oil cooler housing. Then, about a couple thousand miles into owning it, it started making odd noises when shifting, the "Chewbacca noise", then the clutch started slipping. So, pulled the trans and did clutch, flywheel, throwout and seals. That went well but, upon driving for the first run after this work, my DSC light came on. I've driven a few hundred miles and its still on. Then the red Brake light to the left of the DSC light started to faintly flicker, slowly becoming brighter over the next few drives.
When replacing the clutch, I of course freed the hubs and popped the axels out of the trans. I disconnected the wheel speed sensors at this time. I have gone under the car and checked and they are properly re-connected.
Also, my windshield wipers started acting up. When I turn the car off, but leave the key fob pressed in, after a couple seconds the wipers will come on and stay on until I remove the key fob. I read about a ground issue with the wiper motor so I used a jumper wire to go from the motor to ground but no change.
These all happened right after the clutch job so I assume they are related. Ive done some internet searching but so far havent figured these out.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
If this should be in a different forum, please advise.

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2023 | 09:37 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Hello and welcome,

You need to get a scan tool: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d-q-and-a.html

Check out the repair and fix section here:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ms-issues-188/

Scan it first and see what comes up, most of the time you can break off the necks of those sensors in the hub.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172