1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello All!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Lancecd
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All!

Hi Folks:

This is my first post to the site. I am not a Mini owner yet, but I did order my "S" a few weeks ago.

"Sparky" will be Jet Black with a white roof, will have the Convenience, Cold Weather, and Premium Packages, as well as the Aux input, fog lights, the Limited Slip Differential, and Dynamic Stability Control. There may be a couple of things I forgot as I don't have the build sheet with me, and I think I may add a few other things as I have a 10 to 12 MONTH wait for this baby! Talk about delayed gratification! This is Cooperus Interruptus!

On a serious note, I ordered Sparky from NWMini in Tacoma. Is this wait typical for them? I have heard that the West Coast has to wait longer for cars than the East, but I see wait time of only 3 to 5 months for some midwest and East Coast dealerships. Is there a reason for such a large difference?

Anyway, thanks for letting a newbie post. I love reading all of your messages, and I have learned a lot already!

Happy Motoring!

Old 01-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Rennie
4th Gear
I live on the east coast and it took 6 weeks from order to delivery for my MC. I'm not sure about the wait for the MCS, but I would imagine it's not too much longer than that. Can someone explain why the wait is so long on the west coast? I just read that MINI sales were "flat" in the US for 2004, but I don't understand how they can say that when they're just not delivering them fast enough in some areas. I think the buyers are there, but they don't like paying so much over MSRP and they don't like waiting a year. I know I wouldn't.

Old 01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Lancecd
2nd Gear
Thanks for your reply....

That's what I keep hearing, and I can't imagine the trip through the Canal takes 6 or 7 months.

Oh, well....more time to save (or add options) I guess

Lance

Old 01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Rennie
4th Gear
Oh yes, Congratulations! When you finally get Sparky, I'm sure you'll be very happy :smile:

Old 01-27-2005, 04:09 PM
MNEEME
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well to NAM and hope you find everything you need here! And also post us some pictures once you get it!

Happy and Safe Motoring!

Old 01-27-2005, 04:40 PM
NealW
2nd Gear
Like Rennie on the East Coast, I only had to wait 6 weeks and pay MSRP in Michigan. Sparky will be worth the wait, but it is a shame that you have to wait so long.