1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini on order

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005 | 10:10 PM
Oleycow
|
1st Gear
Mini on order

I have been lurking here for sometime but have not posted, mostly because I have not been a Mini owner. I am still not an owner but I will be sometime in April. I have loved these cars since they reapeared in 02 but my wife thought I was crazy. She thought they were ugly. Then last summer I got her to drive one and her whole attitude changed. She still thinks I am to old for a Mini. I don't know what is to old but I am a Grandfather so I didn't go with the S or sunroof. The S was temting.
Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself now that I feel like I am going to be joining the Mini cult.
Much of my decisions on specs have been from reading these threads so thank you for all your imput. I do have till March to decide on the dealer installed accessories so any imput would be welcome.
I am wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Mini luggage? My wife and I plan on spending some time on the road to visit grandchildren and were thinking the luggage might be very useful. My understanding is it is designed to fit in the boot better than standard luggage, or is the Mini emblem the only difference?

Old 02-03-2005 | 03:01 AM
Ryephile
OVERDRIVE
well I'll be the 1st to welcome you to NAM, YAY!

Cult - hmmm, maybe, but definitely fun!

So come on, tell us your spec! Oh, and don't forget to check into a "Can't Wait For [month] Club" thread over in the MINI Talk Forum.

Cheers,
Ryan

Old 02-03-2005 | 05:20 AM
NealW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Oleycow
She still thinks I am to old for a Mini.
You’re only too old for a MINI if you’re too old for fun. But I know what you’re talking about. Two months ago, when it was time to go pick up my MINI, I told two coworkers that I wasn’t going to be available on Friday for a meeting because I was going to drive down to pick up my MINI. One coworker wanted to know what a MINI was. The other coworker (who had a friend with a MINI) said teasingly “Isn’t that a young person’s car?”

Old 02-03-2005 | 05:34 AM
Squirlz
6th Gear
Guess I'll be the third Michigander to welcome you Oley. i've got some years behind me too but I'm young at heart and that's what counts!

Old 02-03-2005 | 05:45 AM
MarkS
5th Gear
And yet another welcome from a Michigander who's not quite ready to put on a hat and very slowly drive a Buick with the turn signal permanently on.

Mark

Old 02-03-2005 | 05:59 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MarkS
And yet another welcome from a Michigander who's not quite ready to put on a hat and very slowly drive a Buick with the turn signal permanently on.

Yet another Michigan welcome. Oleycow - any details on that spec? What'd you decide to get?

Old 02-03-2005 | 09:02 AM
Oleycow
|
1st Gear
Thanks for all the welcomes. Here are the specs.Chili Red/White top/Mirrors
Packages- Cold Weather, Convenience, Sport
White Alloy Wheels
Xenon Headlamps
Cloth/Leather Octagon Tarten Red Seats
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Interior
Auto AC
Computer
3-spoke w/cruise and Multifunction
I have til March to decide on the accessories and the dealer said I could change the above up until February 8th so any comments, thoughts, or suggestions would be more than welcome.
Thanks again,
Oley

Old 02-03-2005 | 09:16 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Oleycow

She still thinks I am to old for a Mini. I don't know what is to old but I am a Grandfather so I didn't go with the S or sunroof. The S was temting.
Welcome to NAM and the world of MINIs/Minis

Too Old?? I think not. You did not say how old you are but I'm 64 and I got my MCS in April 03.

As for the wife she is always saying "You and that little car of yours"

I went for the S and then added:
ALTA PULLEY, ALTA INTAKE, THROTTLE BODY, PLUGS,WIRES, COIL PACK, SSR COMP WHEELS, MILLTECK SPORT CATBACK, H-SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS, P/S FAN COVER, H-SPORT REAR SWAY BAR, H-SPORT CONTROL ARMS, UNICHIP ECU, WEBB’s STAGE ONE BRAKES, AUTO UP WINDOWS, VOICE OPERATED GPS SYSTEM, M7 OIL CATCH CAN, UPPER AND MID GRILLS, ALTA SHORT SHIFTER,WHALEN SHIFT ****, DRIVER’S KNEE PAD

Earl

Old 02-07-2005 | 06:55 PM
Rep. San Marino
2nd Gear
Awesome to see all the MI people. I will be joining you in a CR/MCS in April around the streets of Detroit.:smile:

Old 02-07-2005 | 06:58 PM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Rep. San Marino
Awesome to see all the MI people. I will be joining you in a CR/MCS in April around the streets of Detroit.:smile:
good choice on that CR Have you stopped by www.michiganmini.com yet?

Old 02-07-2005 | 08:24 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Welcome aboard! Too old? Heck - you're only as old as you feel...:smile: That MINI will become the love of your life sooner than you can imagine..

When you finally get your hands on it, you'll be asking yourself why you waited SOOOOOOOO long - LOL!!! You've definitely found the right place to pass the time, find out good info. and meet lots of great people...

Donna
02' CR/W MCS & 05' Cool Blue MCSC

Old 02-08-2005 | 04:42 AM
Wraith1416
4th Gear
does anyone think it's kinda weird that a majority of the people that have posted on this thread are all from michigan? i agree with NealW, your only to old for a MINI if your too old for fun. i let my 84-yo grandfather drive my car around my sub a few weeks ago and he didn't want to get out u'll love ur car... maybe not as much as ur grandkids tho