1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's almost time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005 | 09:59 AM
purluvmcs
|
Neutral
It's almost time?

What's up peoples, just thought I'd drop a line to everyone around here before I start using you guys for all the great information that's contained on this board. Just a little background first, My name is Shawnery(Shawn for short), I live in Woodside California, Ride street bikes(Ducati 749), Race bikes(gsxr 750), dirt bikes(WR450F) and am about to be the proud new owner of a 2005 MCs. I actually belong to a number of other boards whick include, bayarearidersforum, southbayriders, 3geclipse and thumpertalk, they are all great resources that I use all the time and I'm sure I will abuse you guys as well. On to the car, I went to test drive one last saturday but found out the hard way you need to make an appoitment so I went back the next day and test drove the s series and was very pleased with the handling of the car, first gear is a little tall just like my Ducati, after about 3 thousand RPM's she comes alive though. I then started to discuss purchasing one from the stealer and found out I would be waiting till May to recieve my new baby and that just about made me cry. I am not one to wait so I figured since the test drive car was exactly what I wanted I would work out a deal with the man to get that one. We worked out a deal that got me three thousand of the sticker price and that was that. All I have to do now is wait till the new test drive car comes in and she is mine and the new car is in so I should have her by tomorrow or Monday. She is red with a white hood and mirrors with the matching bonnet stripes, has the luxury and sport packages red and black interior chrome details and I think that is it. The mods to come will be the pulley upgrade, ecu, intake, exhaust and many others. The mods already on the way to my house are front and rear upper strut bars, rear sway bar and koni shocks with 1.2 lowering springs included in the package. I will also immediatly be installing lcd's in the head rests and also in the front visors with a playstation 2 included in the install. Hello everyone and hope to be a part of it for some time to come but my cars only last about three years at the most then I get tired of them.

Old 02-03-2005 | 01:50 PM
purluvmcs
|
Neutral
Update

Picking up car tomorrow, HooRaa!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2005 | 02:06 PM
MNEEME
5th Gear
Good luck and make sure you get us some great photos!

Oh and Welcome to NAM and hope you find everything you need!

Old 02-03-2005 | 02:32 PM
bee1000n
6th Gear
Sounds like you have big plans - glad you were able to get some instant gratification for the dealer.

I just hope you have some short friends willing to cram themselves in the back seats to take advantage of the monitors in the headrests!

Old 02-03-2005 | 02:58 PM
purluvmcs
|
Neutral
Originally Posted by bee1000n
I just hope you have some short friends willing to cram themselves in the back seats to take advantage of the monitors in the headrests!
Actually for both the kids and there very small indeed.

Old 02-03-2005 | 03:18 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Welcome to NAM.

Now, are you going to Vegas next month?

If you do you will have a great time.

Earl